Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Weird system but at least it knows what it wants to be.

Favorite Tabletop Character: Ah, my good friend PI-923, the rusty old B-1 Battle Droid from my roommate's Edge of the Empire game. I built him as a pretty bog standard fragile sniper, but had some crazy fun with that character since being a robot meant I could do stuff no one else could. Of note I smuggled myself into a warehouse in a crate full of flakey explosive stuff, then detached my finger to create a spark to blast open the side and crawl out. It worked fine, until the guard's came to notice and uh...well let's just say that stealth section ended with the warehouse catching on fire. Two other characters I enjoyed playing was the "I necromancered myself into a ten year old clone of me" and a Felyne straight out of the Monster Hunter series. When I can get away with it, I tend to look at the characters on the edges of what is acceptable in the world.

Final Fantasy Experience: At some point I'm pretty sure I've played almost all of the Final Fantasy games. FF6 was my intro the series, and I particularly enjoyed I's GBA remake, V for the class system, IX Chocobo Hot & Cold for being a wonderful time waster, Crystal Chronicles for the ambience and hopeful melancholy, XIV for somehow managing to tie themes from nearly every single game in at some point, Dissidia for just looking amazing with flowing combat...by this point the series has become a lot of things, but I'm rather amused how it started as basically a D&D clone and has progressively morphed into it's own self-created Crystalpunk multiverse. Oh, and the absolutely adorable chocobo spin-offs

And if you connect the dots between the two, you should probably beware that I'm probably going to try to figure out a way to refluff one of the races into a chocobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Maleketh posted:

Okay, my choices are made! For this game, I will be taking (in order of submitted applications): Krysmphoenix, Arrrthritis, Kurieg, Rhyos, slydingdoor, and EclecticTastes!
Yaaay!

Maleketh posted:

*For story reasons, I'm not allowing races to be reskinned. (Sorry, Krysmpheonix! You can still grab a chocobo with the Animal Companion Advantage if you like!)
Nooooooooo!

Ugh, does this mean I'm going to have to play as a moogle?

Either way I'm feeling something either in the Adept or Expert lists. Wanna see what other people's thoughts are first.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The nice thing is that racial modifiers only effect stat maximums. Unless we're minmaxing a character pretty drat hard, we might not hit that maximum when it comes to distributing.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So a thought came to me out of the blue when I glanced through Bard. What if I played Maria? As in the historical figure from the opera in Final Fantasy VI? Only instead of happily marrying Draco, he and Ralse ended up killing each other, both of their kingdoms fell into ruin causing her to flee and somehow end up with one of the six crystals? Probably going to end up being a Human though.

Thinking probably try to take a few social skills to be the face of the party. Chocobo Companion (because I'm not giving that up), Gillionaire, and Heirloom. Disadvantages with Code of Honor since she is, or was, a noble, and Devil's Brand since part of her died that night.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Maleketh posted:

Heirloom never struck me as a very good Advantage (you're getting a short-term benefit in exchange for a permanent weakness), but my skill at rules analysis isn't great so I might be wrong. Your general concept is cool though, and I can definitely integrate it into the overall narrative I have planned.
I'm thinking of it more as a promise to get a Ribbon later. :D I'll glance through things though. I'm not too devoted to Heirloom, just felt appropriate for "runaway princess of a fallen kingdom"

Arrrthritis posted:

I'm for this idea. The only concerning thing about it is that we can have only one human in the party so our engi friend might feel shafted.
Yeah, Eclectic Tastes, how do you wanna tackle this? I'm not opposed to switching to Elf or Tarutaru/Lalafell if you're devoted to human.

Good, but I was thinking more this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r11LiadLCRU

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 31, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Alright, sorry for the delay, wanted to see what Eclectic Tastes got up to. Will edit this post with background and pictures in a bit, just wanna get this up for math purposes.

Princess Maria di Mezzo Carattere, and Ciel her loyal chocobo.

The war between the East and the West was growing more violent by the day.
Draco, a knight from the West thought of his love, Maria, every night on the battlefield.
However, the Western armies were defeated, and Maria's castle fell into the hands of the East.
Forced to wed the Eastern Prince Ralse, Maria still thought of Draco as she gazed at the stars.

She knew her love was not to be, and she would be forced to leave her past behind.
Prince Ralse looked for her as his dance partner, until the Western survivors attacked.
Maria saw Draco and called out to him, knowing her love would return to her.
Instead, Ralse declared a duel against Draco for the hand of his queen to be.

Steel clashed against steel in the battle of fate, but love would not conquer all.
In the heat of the battle both Draco and Ralse had inflicted a mortal blow upon each other.
A part of her died that night as her beloved passed away in her arms,
And she clutched at the crystal pendant Draco had given to her for their engagement.

The castle erupted into flames as both sides sought revenge for their heroes.
Maria fled to the stables and found her personal chocobo waiting for her.
In tears she left her whole world behind, both East and West crumbled into dust.
She knows not what fate has in store for her, or the crystal she holds dear.

pre:
Name: Princess Maria di Mezzo Carattere
Race: Lalafell
Job: Bard
Level: 1
Experience: 0 /

HP: 38 / 38         HP Die: d8
MP:  0 / 0          MP Die: N/A

Attribute	Current	Maximum	Rating	Default	Last Raised
Strength	2	13	16	8	Lv1
Vitality	4	14	22	11	Lv1
Agility		8	20	34	17	Lv1
Speed		8	22	34	17	Lv1
Magic		8	24	34	17	Lv1
Spirit		10	27	40	20	Lv1

Evasion:	21		Magic Evasion: 	18
Armor:		6+10% (6.6)	Magic Armor: 	9+25% (11.25)
Dexterity:	67		Mind: 		67	
Accuracy:	87		Magic Accuracy: 117
Expertise:	46

Name		DMG	ARM	M.ARM	EVA	M.EVA	Effects/Notes
Old Harp	(2xMAG)16 + d8
Straw Hat		1	3	0	0	Slow Proof
Training Suit		4	4	0	0	Sleep Proof
Chocobracelet		1	2	5	0
Accessory Slot

Inventory
25 Gil

Advantages: 6 points
Animal Companion (2) - Ciel the Chocobo, 10 points for the below...
--Mount (5) Can be ridden, carry 30 items
--Skilled (5) Acrobatics 20, Survival 30
--Search (5) 1/session, find free Item of appropriate tier.
--Keen Senses (5) Has Awareness and Tracking 60
Gillionaire (2) - +5% Gil income, start with 525 Gil
Multitalented (1) - Gain Social Affinity

Disadvantages:
Code of Honor (2) - Can't harm Unaware, Sleeping, or Stopped enemies.
Devil's Brand (4) - -25% Healing received.

Skills 260
Acting		50 (25)
Art		50 (25)
Dancing		50 (25)
Harp		50 (Free + 15)
Singing		50 (25)
Etiquette	50 (25)
Negotiation	50 (25)
Smooth Talk	50 (25)
Riding		35
Trade		35
Awareness	30 (Free)

Common Tongue	50 (free)
Lore: Chocobos	30
Lore: Music	50
Lore: Nobility	40
Lore: "West"	40

Job Abilities/Spells

Hide		Self, Fast
Give up all other Actions for the round to retreat to safety; 
not considered an active combatant and can't be targeted.

Elegy		Group, Magic (2)
CoS of Expertise vs M.Evasion to reduce Initiative by 25%. 
Roll seperately for each target in the Group.

Logical Etude	Party, Magic (2)
Bestow Spirit Up (4) to the party. 
This gives +25% to M. Evasion, M. Accuracy, and Spirit.

Mambo		Party, Magic (2)
Bestow Agility Up (4) to the party. 
This gives +25% to Evasion, Accuracy, and Agility; also +2 Initiative.

Water Rondo	Group, Magic (2)
Inflict (1xMAG)8 + 1d12 vs M. Armor to the Group.
This ability gets no attack roll, and inflicts Water Elemental damage.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 1, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Alternately make Maria into a Lalafell, have her rant constantly about how they got the opera wrong.

Actually, I stated her up as a Lalafell, just had left the Human in by accident. Already fixed.

Also backstory up.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'd much rather play in The Game Room since it's one less forum I have to check up on a regular basis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I think my chocobo might need to dig up a looooot of potions...

• Locked thread