Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm game.

Favorite Tabletop Character: Anton Milner, a good farm boy from the northern expanses that spontaneously awoke as a Paladin and went to work doing good in the church's name. Helping out the helpless, healing the sick, and rooting out the more corrupt members of the clergy. Once he found out that the church was basically corrupt from the top town, and was working to suppress knowledge of magic and magical creatures for their own purposes, his response to the whole "Is it better to be lawful or good" question was "Good, all the way, now I'm going to cut you in half for being an needlessly evil torturing dickhole." He eventually found the resting place of the extremely weakened physical manifestation of his god, who implored him to reform the church and maintain the magical wards that protected humanity from the evils of magic (Which included benevolent things like dryads, good dragons, etc as well as demons and devils). The following exchanged occurred.

"Hey DM, my greatsword is vorpal, right?"
"Yes?"
"And he's too weak to fight back?"
"...yes?"
"Coup De Grace, I mercy kill god."

In the resulting climactic final battle between the allied forces of humanity, what was left of the church, the few magical critters we managed to ally with (We had an airship!) and the very angry magical creatures who had been imprisoned in deadgod's oubliette. I used Diplomacy to convince an angel that they were on the wrong side (By backhanding them with my gauntleted fist in the middle of combat and screaming "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?") Led a group of level 1 npc warriors to victory over a pit fiend (Aura of justice is very good), and once it became glaringly obvious that our party had basically expended all of our resources and we were hopelessly outnumbered: Anton grabbed a long rifle, walked out into the middle of the battlefield taking pot shots at the Elder Great Wyrm Blue Dragon that was leading the enemy charge, and called him out into single combat. Once the dragon landed, Anton flipped him off. That, of course, being the cue for the siege engines to completely level the hill they were standing on.

It was one hell of a way to end the campaign.

Final Fantasy Experience:We weren't a SNES household so my experience with final fantasy games was a bit more circuitous. 10-->6-->1(GBA)-->5(GBA)-->4(GBA)-->13-->ARR. (Yes I know 7 is notably absent from that list, my mental opinion of that game has been so built up by the cultural zeitgeist surrounding it that I'm 100% certain it could never live up to expectations so I just live vicariously through LPs) I'm a sucker for any game with a good job/party comp system so this system, janky as it is(I do like 13 :v:) is right up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I kind of want to do an offensive Caster, Red Mage, Black Mage, or maybe a Magic Knight because that was one of my favorite IV jobs.

I need to give the rules a more thorough reading over to figure out precisely how character creation works and stats interact with the races.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I've got two questions. I've been looking over the Mgaic Knight's class description, and is there anything in the class that actually uses the Mag stat? Second question, do we have a healer yet?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I had a pretty good idea for a black mage but that would put us 3 casters deep with no healer if Eclectic uses his Time Mage. And I'd prefer someone who actually wants to be the healer be the healer.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Sages only get 50 point increases due to their class compared to everyone else's 60, importantly to that point they only get +10 mag, which is a bit more limiting on race choices.

I'm still looking into it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nah I found a moogle picture I'm relatively okay with, I can make a Moogle sage.

However in the process of finding said picture I also found a gigantic muscular moogle in a thong because google image search is a harsh master.

Character will be coming up shortly.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"It's a huge world out there and you guys don't want to explore it!? I just don't get you!"

Though he was presumably born in a Moogle village, Bitronel knows very little of his heritage. He was found as a baby, left by the side of the road outside of a human city. He was a sickly child, and though the healers were able to tend to him, they were not able to find his family. Thus he was relegated to the orphanage. He was still a sickly child, and as a Moogle in a primarily human city, he was much smaller and weaker than his peers.

Not that this bothered Bitronel in the least, he took to academia like he was born for it. Devouring every book he could find, and using his natural aptitude for magic to excel in his magical studies and training. Though he had an interest in his original family, it was mostly an academic one. After all, if they had not left him he might not have learned all that he had, or have been alive at all. Even if he couldn't beat his friends in a game of dodgeball, they couldn't set the dodgeball on fire with their mind.

Now that he's older, and over his myriad childhood allergies(Mostly), he has set out to explore the world that he had previously only experienced in books. And so far things have been better than he could have ever imagined.

There are even Yetis!

Those still exist!

pre:
Name: Bitronel
Race: Moogle
Job: Sage
Level: 1
Experience: 0/500

HP: 37/37           HP Die: d6
MP: 24/24           MP Die: d10

Attribute     Current     Maximum     Rating     Default     Last Raised
Strength          3         13          19          9
Vitality          6         11          28         14
Agility           6         21          28         14
Speed             7         22          31         15
Magic            10         21          40         20
Spirit            8         22          34         17

Evasion: 13           Magic Evasion: 18
Armor: 4             Magic Armor: 10
Dexterity: 63         Mind: 71
Accuracy: 23          Magic Accuracy: 121 +10

Location     Name          DMG   ARM   M.ARM   EVA   M.EVA   Effects/Notes
Right Hand   Oak Staff     d8+20
Left Hand     "    "
Head         Red Hat             1      3                        +10 M.Acc
Body         Cotton Robe         3      5
Hands        Leather Wrist       1      2
Accessory

Inventory
1x Tonic
50g

Advantages:
Pure Soul 2 - He's an Idealist!
Personal Element: Fire 4 - He's mastered the element of Civilization (also fire is cool/hot)
Disadvantages: 
Elemental Deficiency: Wind 3 - He grew up amongst humans, he's not really good at flying and actually kind of hates it.
Vulnerability: Toxin 2 - He didn't grow up in a normal moogle community so he didn't get exposed to normal wilderness things.
Gold Sink 1 - Eats too many sweets

Skills
Awareness   30
Cudgels     50
Alchemy     50
Etiquette   30
Scavenge    20
Acrobatics  20
Escape      30
Healing     50
Negotiation 30

Scholastic
Inquiry            50
Language:Common    50
Language:Mogri     20
Language:Ancients  20
Lore: History      50
Lore: Monsters     40
Lore: Summons      20
Lore: Folklore     20
Lore: Magic(Black) 50
Lore: Magic(White) 50

Spells
1st: Fire, Cure, Thunder
HP, MP: 1d6+36 37 1d10+20 24 Gee thanks Orokos, off to a great start already I see. At least I'm believably frail.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 1, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Paladin would give cover and some off-healing later on once you start getting more mana. Blue mage can't heal till it gets white wind and can't really remove status effects either. which will probably eventually be my job.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Maleketh specifically said they didn't want more than one of the same race and/or job.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Maleketh posted:

I think you'll be fine with the fighter. As long as Bitronel keeps up with the healing spells, you can supplement any other problems with smart use of consumables.

My Crippling ether addiction begins.

(Fixed his skills)

e: And I think the paladin thing was more about being able to manage enmity rather than a lack of healing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And that's a human.. sooo..
*Scratches out "Human" on Henlien's sheet, pencils in "Nu Mou"*
Problem solved.

Alternately make Maria into a Lalafell, have her rant constantly about how they got the opera wrong.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 1, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Same. Also Orokos has a roller and log that tracks what game you're making the roll for.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm empowered by my greatest weakness?
:v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Assuming he's emulating the games, there has to be a front row for the back row to exist.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ahem.
Seeing as how a large portion of the party has decided that they hate their healers, I guess I'm goign to have to start provisioning out how much healing everyone gets.

I think I'll call it the Healing Mooglement Organization.

Fires are still free for everyone though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Elder Nergüi- A Yeti, an actual real live Yeti. And he speaks the language of the ancients! Hah! Oh to see my proctor now yelling at me for picking a dead language when I could be learning Elvari or something useful. Look at me now! Field Research! Nothing like it! As long as he keeps the massive predatory avian from eating me.

Radiant Lycoris- A Rogedyn is to a Human as a Human is to a Moogle. Which is to say, huge and intimidating. Via the transitive property this means he's absolutely terrifying to me. But he's promised to protect me. Which shouldn't be too hard, I mean his shield is bigger than I am. And probably heavier.

Voleur Defalcator- A thief, but a professional thief? One who wears it openly? I have no idea what to make of him. Being a known thief in a human town seems to be a good way to get a lot of attention, however. And as long as he only plies his trade on the monsters of the wastes he might be able to make a living out of it, rather than a death at the end of a rope.

Since I'm told most people aren't designed to be able to hold all of their weight by their head like Moogles are. Seems like an evolutionary oversight.

Henlein Fermata- Oh lord, a Time Mage. And not the normal "Make you faster, make them slower" kind, or even the "Summon an extinction level meteor" kind, the "let's change the past for my own personal betterment" kind. That kind of power and temptation are dangerous. I know he gave a guest lecture at my academy back before he was more or less blackballed from everywhere but I didn't attend. The schools of black and White are more than enough for me.

Princess Maria di Mezzo Carattere- Finally! Someone my own size! Though she does seem awfully dour and taciturn.

The cocobo is nice though. Such healthy plumage.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Why didn't you just get armor and one melee weapon then? you can buy or loot a second one later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So... is everything dead?

• Locked thread