Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

reignofevil posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagellant

Does whipping large gashes in your own skin count as deliberate hole poking?

haha wow

protojuggalos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I... I wonder what my clown persona would be. :gbsmith: Are there like entry level clown kits or what? :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cool, but is it... Practical?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Juggalos are the only Western subculture I expect would survive a nuclear war/environmental collapse.

Hell, they'd probably thrive!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Juggalos are the only Western subculture I expect would survive a nuclear war/environmental collapse.

Hell, they'd probably thrive!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4845/

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The one thing I have to say is how ridiculously friendly and respectful juggalos are. I didn't come across one rear end in a top hat or scumbag the two days I was there. Like I'm talking "give you the shirt off their back" friendly.

I think it's funny how a lot of people think they wouldn't be friendly; it's a bunch of "weird" people coming together for a music festival and acting as freaky as they want, and doing a ton of drugs. Of course they're going to be nice to people, they have no possible reason to be angry.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This guy used to be the lead vocalist of the Bloodhound Gang back before they got popular.

I have no idea how you can tell this by seeing the back of her head but if you want confirmation, she goes by the name Kitty Kush. I met her at the Gathering when I went a few years ago and she is dating one of the guys in a band that always plays there. I'm not an ICP fan but I went for the hell of it with one of the bigger rap acts. It was very fun but I had a cushy hotel and chilled with George Clinton and his huge family, but I probably would have been miserable if I had to sleep and defecate there. The porto potties were ensconced in feces (faeces for you British goons).

The one thing I have to say is how ridiculously friendly and respectful juggalos are. I didn't come across one rear end in a top hat or scumbag the two days I was there. Like I'm talking "give you the shirt off their back" friendly.

Yeah, most Americans in general are pretty friendly in an environment where they feel safe. My European friends all claim that they're always impressed with how nice Americans are when they meet them out at a club or bar.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, most Americans in general are pretty friendly in an environment where they feel safe. My European friends all claim that they're always impressed with how nice Americans are when they meet them out at a club or bar.

France, England and Germany have outgoing people who love the American friendliness.

When I lived in S.F I always loved seeing the culture shock of seeing Scandinavian people get a massive culture shock of being spoken to in public - you could see them getting very off-put by people coming up to them randomly in bars and on the bus asking about where they're from.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tumble posted:

France, England and Germany have outgoing people who love the American friendliness.

When I lived in S.F I always loved seeing the culture shock of seeing Scandinavian people get a massive culture shock of being spoken to in public - you could see them getting very off-put by people coming up to them randomly in bars and on the bus asking about where they're from.

americans are awesome and after living in london for close enough to a decade i'd crawl over broken glass to talk to one

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I should be edgy and go wearing a full business suit

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Tumble posted:

I was waiting for the elevator at quitting time today and a middle aged businesswoman in a suit said to me "i'm glad to go home but its hot as gently caress outside right now".

americans are the most open people on the planet and its great

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

RaceBannon posted:

I was waiting for the elevator at quitting time today and a middle aged businesswoman in a suit said to me "i'm glad to go home but its hot as gently caress outside right now".

americans are the most open people on the planet and its great

A few of my brother's buds from the UK came down 2 years ago and we took him to a gun range so he could shoot machine guns. When the dude who ran the place found out that 3 of the guys with us were from the UK and 2 had never fired a gun in their lives, he let them in without charging them and let them fire AKs, ARs, a few pistols and a Remington shotgun on the house, easily a few hundred bucks worth of ammo. Then as we were leaving gave us all T-shirts. One of the brits then asked him why the generosity the dude just said, in the most Texas accent I have ever heard and a very genuine smile "Ya'll folks seemed nice"

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

An important reminder that ICP did an entire Wizard of Oz themed album that from start to finish mimics the movie with its own cast of characters and adventures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52iUda8pfR4

Everyone should listen to it at least once in their life

Actually, no. I don't ever want to listen to this

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also try living out in the country. Like way out, where everyone had a few acres and most people are farmers.

I did that a few years back and everyone just helps each other constantly. It's creepy and off-putting.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wanna spank dat rear end.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

criscodisco posted:

Also try living out in the country. Like way out, where everyone had a few acres and most people are farmers.

I did that a few years back and everyone just helps each other constantly. It's creepy and off-putting.

*waves at you as our cars/trucks pass by on a country road even though I have no idea who you are*

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DamnCanadian posted:

I should be edgy and go wearing a full business suit

Offer them an opportunity to attend a future meeting about a timeshare opportunity and present them with a business card that reads OPIUM 2 FOR 40 DOLLARS.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Man, kind and helpful people really piss me off and creep me out.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ghetto wormhole posted:

*waves at you as our cars/trucks pass by on a country road even though I have no idea who you are*

*waves back because it's just what we do and I don't really understand why*

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

criscodisco posted:

*waves back because it's just what we do and I don't really understand why*

It's because we are civilized human beings who actually appreciate interactions that don't take place over a phone.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah I understand that, but even as a kid growing up on a pig farm we were constantly waving to people and I always though "this seems like a lot of unnecessary effort. Surely a simple nod and smile would do."

And we didn't even know what cell phones were yet.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

criscodisco posted:

Yeah I understand that, but even as a kid growing up on a pig farm we were constantly waving to people and I always though "this seems like a lot of unnecessary effort. Surely a simple nod and smile would do."

And we didn't even know what cell phones were yet.

I too grew up on a pig farm but never questioned waving to people.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
How's it feel to blindly follow what the man says, pigfarmer?

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

criscodisco posted:

How's it feel to blindly follow what the man says, pigfarmer?

no clue what you are talking about.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Nothing. I was joking but I don't think it came across because I'm stoned.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the hell was that all about? He just comes up and starts talking to us? Right, some guy comes up to me, I don't know what he's I don't know what he's up to. It's like the whole time, I'm staring at him, I'm thinking, does he have a knife? Are we gonna have to take this bitch out right now? No.

I don't know.
I don't know.

It's the city.
It-it's forced me to develop these sharp edges.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Apparently this poo poo is coming to Denver in 2017. Guess I won't be living here next year.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm going.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moridin920 posted:

What the hell was that all about? He just comes up and starts talking to us? Right, some guy comes up to me, I don't know what he's I don't know what he's up to. It's like the whole time, I'm staring at him, I'm thinking, does he have a knife? Are we gonna have to take this bitch out right now? No.

I don't know.
I don't know.

It's the city.
It-it's forced me to develop these sharp edges.

mordy you've done good

i hope this is a sign of things to come because you've been entertaining

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Apparently this poo poo is coming to Denver in 2017. Guess I won't be living here next year.

Your AV seems pretty Jugga-friendly

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
This whole stranger coming up to talk seems weird. Like gently caress im not gonna entertain some boring twat with conversation. Please respect my urban solitude.

Waving/smiling/nodding or helping someone out with directions or whatever is nice tho.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If I meet ya on the road I'll offer ya a quick hand job to be neighborly.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'm not saying that I wouldn't have blown every single one of them, because I would have.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tumble posted:

I think it's funny how a lot of people think they wouldn't be friendly; it's a bunch of "weird" people coming together for a music festival and acting as freaky as they want, and doing a ton of drugs. Of course they're going to be nice to people, they have no possible reason to be angry.

I dunno. I went with a friend to a rave once when I was a kid and literally everyone there was an rear end in a top hat. It was in Manhattan though. No clue if that contributed or not.

Like I got the feeling that if I left my editing laptop somewhere, a juggalo would have went out of their way to return it, and not sell it for meth like most would assume.

Again though it is not all praise. I would have first shat my pantaloons before pooping in one of those juggalo porta potties.

Edit : I had to drive my car a lot around the gathering which is pretty uncommon (there's not many cars there) and every other festival I've had idiots jumping on my hood or yelling at me if I asked them to move so that they wouldn't get crushed by my gearbox, but at the gathering it was just a constant stream of strangers making way and respectfully waving me through so I could safely proceed. I'm actually kind of amazed by it. I've had fuckers outside a Broadway show that wouldn't let you pass.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 28, 2016

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
most people on the coasts seem like dicks

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cephalectomy posted:

most people on the coasts seem like dicks

As a lifelong East Coaster, I can say that though goons like to trash talk southerners, they are way more friendly and way more hospitable than we are. I think it has a lot to do with high pressure city life, traffic stress, and dealing with most strangers trying to gently caress you out of money that makes us such assholes.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

As a lifelong East Coaster, I can say that though goons like to trash talk southerners, they are way more friendly and way more hospitable than we are. I think it has a lot to do with high pressure city life, traffic stress, and dealing with most strangers trying to gently caress you out of money that makes us such assholes.

a friend of a friend was running the boston marathon this year and stopped about halfway through to puke and some random guy in the crowd yelled at her "just finish the race you fuckin pussy"

thats boston in a nutshell

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Tumble posted:

Counterpoint: Limp Bizkit fans at Woodstock.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

CubanMissile posted:

Counterpoint: Limp Bizkit fans at Woodstock.

Or Limp Bizkit fans in Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I went, tripped so goddamn hard on lsd through GWAR and Wizard of the Hood, got so drunk the first night I passed out in the wrong tent and scared the poo poo out of some dude, got an incredibly lovely nipple piercing. Rolled through icp and got soaked in faygo, hit with a fire work and ended up on stage. Got in a food fight with our tent neighbors and nailed someone in the dick with a rotten hot dog. Ended up juggling water bottles with my cousin for like half an hour after Blaze. Whole thing was a goddamn experience.

• Locked thread