Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im the 3%

its why im voting for her :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Reason posted:

the big ironic thing is that if Trump were the democratic nom, most democrats would vote for him because the republican candidate would probably be so much more evil and everyone would be all "loving Hillary Bros let it go".

I'll be perfectly honest, in bizarro world where Trump was running on his positions circa 2006-8 or so and wasn't openly racist, I'd probably stay home. He was an rear end in a top hat before he scammed Republicans into voting for a fascist.

Edit: In the same way that if some business wing Democrat like Rahm or Bloomberg was picked, gently caress that guy, I'd rather let the Republicans trash the country for four years than let the Democrats tack right.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

:same:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I'll be perfectly honest, in bizarro world where Trump was running on his positions circa 2006-8 or so and wasn't openly racist, I'd probably stay home. He was an rear end in a top hat before he scammed Republicans into voting for a fascist.

Hey and now we can start working towards why people won't vote for Clinton!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gangsta Boogie posted:

And I'm not even loving white haha

This is the second time you've said that I am not sure why. Are we supposed to assume because you're not white and like Bernie our whole house of cards is supposed to collapse?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Reason posted:

Hey and now we can start working towards why people won't vote for Clinton!

I mean, so don't? Everyone has a point where they refuse to follow the party, if they have any party identification at all. I won't vote for Rahm, you won't vote for Hillary.

I just think neither of us could claim moral high ground in the ensuing poo poo show the Republican Party would wrought.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is the second time you've said that I am not sure why. Are we supposed to assume because you're not white and like Bernie our whole house of cards is supposed to collapse?

There is a tendency to assume all Sanders supporters are white dudes, pointing out that women and persons of color are in that camp as well is occasionally helpful.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I just think neither of us could claim moral high ground in the ensuing poo poo show the Republican Party would wrought.

Yeah, not much moral high ground anywhere in US politics really unfortunately

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

[–]brithusOklahoma - Bernie Squad - Private 173 points 4 hours ago
At the risk of sounding like a crazy tinfoil hat bearer, remember Hillary did somehow greatly exceed expectations only in states which use of two of the three companies that make and support e-voting machines. Those two companies, Dominion Voting and H.I.G. Capital (Hart Intercivic), are Clinton Foundation big-money donors. I would venture to guess, she has plans concerning those untraceable e-voting machines owned by her donor buddies in the general election as well.
permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply
[–]-JungleMonkey-Oregon [score hidden] 2 hours ago
she heavily exceeded California polls (which didn't include an exit poll, and there's literally no explanation) that had her and Sanders neck& neck as far back as 2 weeks before the actual vote (strange, since she had literally 0 momentum, not even a recent debate or headline).
But if you want an even more tinfoil-hat theory. I truly believe HRC and the DNC are fine with having Trump elected. They're playing the narrative up so strongly but their actions show a complete lack of care for public interest (in actuality, not just the bullshit they spew), and we already know the Clintons and Trump were friends before he decided to run.
Maybe the DWS-less DNC will run a bit more democratic, and perhaps they see the writing on the wall and fight with us, the people rather than to maintain their lovely organization. But at this point, I'm really banking on us making a noise in third (and who knows, maybe even fourth) party politics and crossing my fingers that Bernie backs off his endorsement and either gives it to Jill or runs on his own.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

botany posted:

There is a tendency to assume all Sanders supporters are white dudes, pointing out that women and persons of color are in that camp as well is occasionally helpful.

Yes, you will find members of all groups in all political factions. There are black people who like Trump, and he's polling nearer 0% than any candidate ever.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
I will preface this with saying that I am a stagehand and work lots of large corporate events and concerts so I seem to always be looking for and noticing different things.

Looking at the 360 degree live stream on YouTube, it look like there are 360 degree camera on top of every state delete sign in the audience. But some of what I can see might also be Robo-Cams.

And if anyone saw the 360 degree stream from the RNC, the camera they used was a Nokia OZO. With a sticker price of $60,000!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Stop pasting Reddit posts, you idiot. Everyone got the picture hours ago, if not weeks.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Reason posted:

Yeah, not much moral high ground anywhere in US politics really unfortunately

I don't think that's necessarily true. It's just important to always be ready to admit that "this thing is good, in context, but if I had a better option, I would pick that."

Absolutist morality that ignores the reality of the world we live in is silly, because it results in no change. I would rather have small and slow change than nothing, even if it means compromising ideology. I also believe, however, that we must have lines we shall not cross.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
So far no one's booing the choir. That's good.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
The Battle Hymn of the Republic, instead of any National anthem sung by creepy children, gently caress yes.

I feel better already :unsmith:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

AKA Pseudonym posted:

So far no one's booing the choir. That's good.

The choir contains monosodium glutamate.

that's bad

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
They're taking down the GOP, pew by pew by pew

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

resurgam40 posted:

The Battle Hymn of the Republic, instead of any National anthem sung by creepy children, gently caress yes.

The Battle Hymn of the Republic, war cry of the Union against the Confederacy, by a black choir. :black101:

Edit: They left the chat on, on the YouTube stream. :negative:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
DNC has better singing, already better convention

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

[–]TrouserSnake2992 [score hidden] 18 minutes ago
Sure starting to feel that way. I don't give a poo poo about what people want say to scare me in to voting for Hillary, my life has been lovely up to this point and it's 100% due to my societal and economic location. I have been born and raised below the poverty line and quite frankly I would rather watch the whole county fall then continue to be a part of this poo poo show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
im the bored white people weakly mouthing along or frantically looking for the lyrics

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

10% of Hillary supporters think she has ties to Satan or aren't sure.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Gail Wynand posted:

Sure starting to feel that way. I don't give a poo poo about what people want say to scare me in to voting for Hillary, my life has been lovely up to this point and it's 100% due to my societal and economic location. I have been born and raised below the poverty line and quite frankly I would rather watch the whole county fall then continue to be a part of this poo poo show.

that's a very good point, noted philosopher TrouserSnake2992

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gail Wynand posted:

Hey there reason I don't go to reddit maybe keep it that way thanks

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
That owned, what a hell of an opening.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
So is DWS going to speak today?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
The Secretary! So it's true DWS isn't gaveling in... great decision.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Meat Recital posted:

So is DWS going to speak today?

Nope. She was smart enough to avoid it. She won't be there at all, as far as I know, at this point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nitrousoxide posted:

10% of Hillary supporters think she has ties to Satan or aren't sure.
Well sure, why did you think I was going to vote for her?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

[–]kevinstongeBernie Squad- Cadet [score hidden] a minute ago
no Bernie chants yet? this is going to be such a sterilized shill festival coronation.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Gail Wynand posted:

you're not really adding anything to the thread, and the reddit posts are not even funny. maybe stop.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
This is already 200x better organized than the rnc

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
BOYZ 2 MEN LOL

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Goddrat. Eat poo poo RNC

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

BOYZ 2 MEN LOL

CNN just cut away from a report about protests outside the convention hall getting violent for boyz 2 men. :smithicide:

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Are we going to get Will Smith too?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

resurgam40 posted:

Poor Dubya doesn't know what he's missing out on by staying a Republican.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Apparently there is going to be the Democratic National Convention sometime during this Boyz 2 Men concert.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
gently caress yea go Bernie

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/757672420584984576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I actually didn't know that Boyz II Men were from Philly until this moment

• Locked thread