Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I have a few gay friends and they are all about going to gay bars and watching drag shows. I don't really get the appeal personally. Like they aren't transgendered. Seems like a mockery of them in fact? Why haven't the sjws attacked this mockery of transgendered peoples???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
It's generally seen as a good thing to break established gender norms, such as gendered clothing, among the lgbtq community; a sizeable portion of the community, however, do see it in a negative light.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

There was a Scottish Pride rally that banned drag queens, but afaik that's been the only time.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I am gay and think drag queens are hideous ama

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bro the answer to this and all the other poo poo is just smile, drink your drink, don't think about it so much.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Seems dumb to me honestly. But one of my friends is always blowing up his snap chat stories with the weekly drag queen shows.

Like, you're gay so you probably don't want to have sex with the drag queen in that state. Yet it's also not a real transgendered person so it's just like Halloween?

Must be a gay thing

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Probably because they're freaking cool

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

plain blue jacket posted:

I am gay and think drag queens are hideous ama

i have just reported you for word filter evasion

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Drag queens have the best drugs.

Also, it doesn't matter for much longer - straight people have started to enjoy shows like "lip sync battle" so the gay community is about to drop that poo poo faster than when frat dudebros started co-opting pastel polo shirts with popped collars.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Because most drag queens look like Ursula and Ursula is fierce af

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Trojan.exe posted:

Because most drag queens look like Ursula and Ursula is fierce af

Wow there are so many things in this post that are problematic idk where to even begin. Geez Louise

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

facebook jihad posted:

I have a few gay friends and they are all about going to gay bars and watching drag shows. I don't really get the appeal personally. Like they aren't transgendered. Seems like a mockery of them in fact? Why haven't the sjws attacked this mockery of transgendered peoples???

You're not totally wrong, drag has come under fire from the trans community before largely for how they freely use anti-trans slurs in their shows. There's also contention that it's anti-feminine in general as it's basically a bunch of cis guys dressing up and making a mockery of femininity. On the other hand though, as mentioned it also serves as a way to break down established gender barriers and provides a space that allows total freedom of expression and experimentation. And yeah Ursula's cool so there's also that to consider.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you fine me offensive, i find you offensive for finding me offensive

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
It's essentially blackface except making fun of women. It's widely accepted because we let gay people get away with everything.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Hogge Wild posted:

i have just reported you for word filter evasion

God drat you hogge

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Wow there are so many things in this post that are problematic idk where to even begin. Geez Louise

Maybe it's the other way around. Because Ursula was inspired by drag queen Divine, and Divine is fierce af.

http://www.avclub.com/article/read-how-divine-inspired-ursula-sea-witch-230938

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
because those girls go

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Did Ursula have a dick? Because drat they hid that fact pretty well in that movie

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Drama is funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9kLbNuvzg

Also they know where to get the good drugs.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

rakovsky maybe posted:

It's essentially blackface except making fun of women. It's widely accepted because we let gay people get away with everything.

Pretty sure they idolize the women they're impersonating and women in general.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

TheMaskedUgly posted:

It's generally seen as a good thing to break established gender norms, such as gendered clothing, among the lgbtq community; a sizeable portion of the community, however, do see it in a negative light.

really?

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

facebook jihad posted:

Did Ursula have a dick? Because drat they hid that fact pretty well in that movie

She doesn't need one with all those tentacles.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Cause if you're good at throwing shade you're probably hilarious in regular conversation

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

poopnanners posted:

She doesn't need one with all those tentacles.

Yea seriously. Why have a dick when you can have eight tentacles instead? :getin:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Any members of the LGBT community who look at drag in a negative light have no idea what the queens did for the gay rights movement in the 70's.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyone who would rather nitpick and take shots at their own side rather than fight the actually borderline evil as gently caress people oppressing them is a dumbo. Unfortunately a large % of people are dumbos, gay or straight or whatever.

case closed OP

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Well, they're kinda like women, but still have a boi pussy and not one of those stinky ham wallets.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Also: Drag Queen bingo is an acceptable reason to get sloshed on a tuesday.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Dresh posted:

You're not totally wrong, drag has come under fire from the trans community before largely for how they freely use anti-trans slurs in their shows. There's also contention that it's anti-feminine in general as it's basically a bunch of cis guys dressing up and making a mockery of femininity. On the other hand though, as mentioned it also serves as a way to break down established gender barriers and provides a space that allows total freedom of expression and experimentation. And yeah Ursula's cool so there's also that to consider.

I don't think the drag queens are normal "cis" guys.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
drag shows are fun, and thus must be problematic

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Big fat guys dressing like women and singing and dancing on stage is something everyone can enjoy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

notZaar posted:

I don't think the drag queens are normal "cis" guys.

I'm telling you once VIrginia Hamn and Ophelia Upp get off stage they change into business suits and work for the global financial elite.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

facebook jihad posted:

Drag queens are normally really fun dudes. Transgendereds are just the internet sad-brain de jour

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Booblord Zagats posted:

Drag queens are normally really fun dudes. Transgendereds are just the internet sad-brain de jour

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

because they usually got mad drug hookups

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Most drag dudes I've met couldn't give a gently caress about your opinion and are just trying to maximize joy out of their life without wanting to hurt anyone and in this day and age that alone is extremely refreshing.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Hasn't Drag been one of the primary driving forces behind Trans acceptance?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ape Fist posted:

Hasn't Drag been one of the primary driving forces behind Trans acceptance?

Yeah

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Some women have said it seems weird to them because if that's supposed to be what a woman looks like then that's crazy sexist buuuut I feel like that's not really what drag queens are going for - they know full well it is over the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Pound_Coin posted:

because they usually got mad drug hookups

I used to have a pot hookup who was a queen and dealt dimebags out of her bra at the bar it was pretty great.

• Locked thread