Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Sour Diesel posted:

most drag queens i've met really loving liked ketamine for some reason

they're just used to medicines reserved for horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

anyone who would rather nitpick and take shots at their own side rather than fight the actually borderline evil as gently caress people oppressing them is a dumbo. Unfortunately a large % of people are dumbos, gay or straight or whatever.

case closed OP

This is Helen from Big Brother a few seasons ago:

Her thing was that she was a strong, fierce player, however lines were drawn in the house and things got very tense. The Other Side went to Helen and convinced her that it was in her best interest to vote out her friends, week after week, and I think at one point she was even in charge of who was up on the block and she put up her friends.

Each week she was sure that it was for the best and it would work out for the remaining portion of her team, but the reality is that she was faced with a very challenging situation that would require a tonne of commitment and fortitude and without realizing it she just decided to take the cowardly route of strategically surrendering until she was finally voted out.

So obviously what I'm saying is that what you said is like a person from Big Brother

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
People actually watch Big Brother? I thought it was just a network experiment.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Only people who want to be on Big Brother because they're super narcissistic and want to be on TV/ aspiring actors who want the exposure watch it, plus a few sad sack goons like myself :)

The network puts like $20 into each season

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
bc they are funy idiot

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the answer, op, is that after a bunch of dudes in dresses kcked the poo poo out of straight homophobes everybody decided to start getting along

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hot tip, OP, try not to get butt hurt about what other people like

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I always figured drag was a way for gay people to rebel by ironically embracing the homophobic perceptions of the time.

"Oh you think that because I'm gay I'm like a woman who wants to play dress up, well me and my friends are gonna get together and play dress up and have a good time because gently caress you."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ElGroucho posted:

Hot tip, OP, try not to get butt hurt about what other people like

I actually don't really give a gently caress. I'm just curious about why gay people like drag queens so much

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

facebook jihad posted:

I actually don't really give a gently caress. I'm just curious about why gay people like drag queens so much

But you brought it up :confused:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Wamdoodle posted:

But you brought it up :confused:

Yes. I am curious why gay people like drag queens so much. Hence the title of this thread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I don't understand it either, OP. Like, the whole point of being a gay man is liking dudes. You would think that a man doing his best to look as much like a woman as possible would be the exact opposite of sexy.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Applewhite posted:

I don't understand it either, OP. Like, the whole point of being a gay man is liking dudes. You would think that a man doing his best to look as much like a woman as possible would be the exact opposite of sexy.

Gay men don't see drag queens as anything but entertainment, and there's no sexual desire involved. Like you said, gay men like dudes.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
don't you tell me how to gay!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

I already explained it

Booblord Zagats posted:

Drag queens are normally really fun dudes. Transgendereds are just the internet sad-brain de jour

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh hi *falls out of ceiling into the splits*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrW0kySM6CE

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

criscodisco posted:

Any members of the LGBT community who look at drag in a negative light have no idea what the queens did for the gay rights movement in the 70's.

the way queer teens act these days you'd think being gay started with loving tumblr

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

King Possum III posted:

Gay men don't see drag queens as anything but entertainment, and there's no sexual desire involved. Like you said, gay men like dudes.

Well then it makes perfect sense.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
no you don't understand the OP wants gay men to ADMIT to SOMETHING

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

plain blue jacket posted:

I am gay and think drag queens are hideous ama

Do you as a gay feel comfortable being lumped in with transgenders? Serious question.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
So what exactly is the Queer in LGBTQ? Does LGBT not cover all possibilities? Serious question.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ could be asexual I guess. it's just a catchall for anyone who doesn't identify with the others for whatever reason. Some people have told me it's to take the word back :shrug: A lot of people leave the Q off though.

Moon Atari posted:

I was trawling the free poo poo section of a local craiglist equivalent recently and there was an ad posted by a woman offering to provide makeup lessons and clothing to any man trying to get into drag or cross-dressing. The wording on it made it seem incredibly desperate though, like it started off as "I'll help you" but by the end it was like "oh god please, I'll do anything, just let me dress you up in my clothes".

well what happened?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 26, 2016

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Drag queens own and if they are "problematic" that just makes them more cool imho. Everything cool is problematic. Sex, drugs and rock-and-roll, baby!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cartouche posted:

Do you as a gay feel comfortable being lumped in with transgenders? Serious question.

Speaking for myself, I don't feel "lumped in" by the acronym LGBT.

We all face pretty much the same struggle for equal rights, even though there are obvious differences in the 4 groups. We understand each other and we can accomplish more by working together.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Because drag queens are on the QALIGBAT Alliance's first line of recruitment. :sparkles:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I gotta imagine being gay used to be less confusing, ironically enough

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

facebook jihad posted:

Like they aren't transgendered. Seems like a mockery of them in fact? Why haven't the sjws attacked this mockery of transgendered peoples???

its not a mockery of trannies its a mockery of women

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
drag queens are not trying to be like women; they are trying to be actually entertaining.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Cartouche posted:

No but weirdos are stronger when we stick together

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

script kitty posted:

its not a mockery of trannies its a mockery of women

Better watch out I just got probated for the same word, there's salty snitches in gbs.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I AM THE TOILET posted:

the way queer teens act these days you'd think being gay started with loving tumblr

thanks to tumblr you don't have to be gay to be gay anymore

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

a hole-y ghost posted:

Probably because they're freaking cool

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
One of the main performers at a drag show I sometimes go to is actual trans. She calls herself a showgirl and not a drag queen but I still kind of think it is cheating.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
These drag queens are making me feel confused

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
straight person at a circus: I don't want to gently caress this. Do you want to gently caress this? *squinting* Why the hell would somebody want to gently caress this...

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ElGroucho posted:

I gotta imagine being gay used to be less confusing, ironically enough

Things used to be easier when we just married women and spent lots of time at public parks and truck stops.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

criscodisco posted:

Things used to be easier when we just married women and spent lots of time at public parks and truck stops.

Nowadays they're all in my gym's sauna

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If it has a dungeon, it's not a real gym.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Cubone posted:

straight person at a circus: I don't want to gently caress this. Do you want to gently caress this? *squinting* Why the hell would somebody want to gently caress this...

That's when the bearded lady slaps you on the rear end for lollygagging at the peephole booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Premeditated Toast posted:

Boone/ASU? If so I'm assuming at Legends? I miss that town, but yeah, that whole area is a magical bubble in the middle of an otherwise crappy conservative state :\

Yea spot on. NCs college towns and bigger cities are...getting better

though I ask you who else has nationally newsworthy bathrooms??

• Locked thread