Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's your name
This poll is closed.
sonny boy 22 14.57%
sunny boy 10 6.62%
sonny boi 58 38.41%
sunny boi 60 39.74%
sunsweet 1 0.66%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

JT Smiley posted:

What was bad about Nia? It was a short squash match that was better than the one we got later on in the show. She did fine.

I thought it was the best Nia's ever looked. Something about her performance tonight was more on point than her NXT squash matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BTW they also said "wrestling" lots tonight, even Cole.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nia can do squashes fine, she can be someone'e muscle, she's just too green to carry a singles match. Put her in there with Sasha or Bayley and she'll be fine, put her in there with someone who can't carry her and it will be a disaster. She has improved a lot over the last year, I am just concerned she won't be able to continue improving while on the main roster.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

El Generico posted:

I thought it was the best Nia's ever looked. Something about her performance tonight was more on point than her NXT squash matches.

Agreed, if only because she did the best and rarest heel move, picking the person up after a 2-count so you can keep beating on them.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Counterpoint, they have Mauro to balance him.

I'm looking forward to the battle of the two guys who talk constantly.

MAW-RO THIS REMINDS ME OF THE 1967 BARNSTORMER BETWEEN Well I'm sorry to interrupt you John but Baron Corbin has just rolled Dolph Ziggler up in a small package, ironic shades of how Ziggler beat Corbin a few months ago at WWE Pa YOU KNOW CATCH WRESTLING WAS INVENTED BY J. G. CHAMBERS, A STAND-UP GU Ooo! And now Ziggler with the kick out seamlessly transitioning BALLGAME!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

SomeMathGuy posted:

MAW-RO THIS REMINDS ME OF THE 1967 BARNSTORMER BETWEEN Well I'm sorry to interrupt you John but Baron Corbin has just rolled Dolph Ziggler up in a small package, ironic shades of how Ziggler beat Corbin a few months ago at WWE Pa YOU KNOW CATCH WRESTLING WAS INVENTED BY J. G. CHAMBERS, A STAND-UP GU Ooo! And now Ziggler with the kick out seamlessly transitioning BALLGAME!

*Otunga takes a sip from his thermos*

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Literally the only complaint I can come up with (and I'm really digging) is the Women's match should have been the main event.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

spinst posted:

i feel p bad for becky right now

poor lass

She'll get her time at some point... probably

Cyron posted:

also to note that how the announce team got so much better once that idiotic cowboy left, and now he is on smack down and now i worry about the state of that show.

A lot of people said Lawler got a lot better on Smackdown without Vince in his ear, hopefully the same will be true for JBL

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lawler also turned heel.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I finally understand what Foochs has been feeling these last few weeks, it feels sooooo good!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

I give it a week before he calls him MARIO

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
rovert please apologize to us

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JT Smiley posted:

I finally understand what Foochs has been feeling these last few weeks, it feels sooooo good!

Welcome to the light side, my friend.

One of the lowkey best moments of the night was the announcers openly losing their poo poo at the jobber.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lawler was legit good on smackdown once he went back to working heel and got Vince out of his ear.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

keevo posted:

rovert please apologize to us

James Ellsworth made his WWE debut

this should be celebrated

(That match made me think of Cheex vs. other guy from the earliest days of TNA, it was just a hilarious mismatch in every way)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I want to see Roman Reigns vs Curtis Axel for the title of Mr Irrelevant

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

James Ellsworth made his WWE debut

this should be celebrated

(That match made me think of Cheex vs. other guy from the earliest days of TNA, it was just a hilarious mismatch in every way)

That was THE VIOLENT WORLD

*titty slap*

OF FRANK PARKER

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm really happy I went to this show will talk tomorrow because I have to get up at 6

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I am not making GBS threads on Raw.

But the UNIVERSAL title is pretty dumb. It sounds like something a spaceman would win on a cartoon.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

should be called the "Universal to Infinity Plus One Heavyweight Title," imo.

really drives the point home.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Magic posted:

But the UNIVERSAL title is pretty dumb. It sounds like something a spaceman would win on a cartoon.

If that is our price to pay for this New Era I'll loving take it.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Captain Magic posted:

for a second i thought roman was going to win on the Vince logic of "if he can't be champion of the world, he be champion of the universe!"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

One of the lowkey best moments of the night was the announcers openly losing their poo poo at the jobber.

I could get used to jobbers giving their own eulogy before they go to the great beyond.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JT Smiley posted:

Literally the only complaint I can come up with (and I'm really digging) is the Women's match should have been the main event.

And I can even think of a good rationale for that: it didn't telegraph the big surprise result.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

If they play it as "Shane has the world title; Steph has the universe title because she is a megalomaniac," it'll be fine. Mick's "we named it for the fans (who no one but us calls the WWE universe)" is just to cover for his idiot boss in this scenario.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Seth vs Finn is going to be amaze

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Captain Magic posted:

It's something a ten year old would come up with in their backyard. Or something someone trying to one up their big brother would think of.

Here's hoping it's a decent looking belt.

JT Smiley fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 26, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Sono posted:

If they play it as "Shane has the world title; Steph has the universe title because she is a megalomaniac," it'll be fine. Mick's "we named it for the fans (who no one but us calls the WWE universe)" is just to cover for his idiot boss in this scenario.

That's what I'm expecting but I still think someone, at some point, should've stopped and pointed out that it sounded reeeeeeaaaaaal loving goofy.

Ordinarily I'd expect no such checks but, hey, they're on a roll.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Universe championship is dumb because they can't help themselves - Raw has to be bigger than SmackDown, and what's bigger than the WWE? The entire loving universe!

Sono posted:

Bring back the spinny belt but have it be Steph's face in the middle. Book it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/757792097097297920

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

:yeah:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

StarkRavingMad posted:

And I can even think of a good rationale for that: it didn't telegraph the big surprise result.

Yeah.

It's hard for crowds to get into women's matches because of the nonsense booking, and gently caress finishes that plague the division. Early in the match there was a small obnoxious CM Punk chant. But as the match went on the crowd got drawn into it, and realized what was happening all leading up to the whole place blowing up for Sasha in a way that felt like a hard earned holy poo poo these women are great moment.

It was fantastic, and I felt something special happening after Sasha got her Eddie tribute in. They weren't going to waste that.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
So the question of the night. Does this:

Finally surpass this?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I was really disappointed that Roman didn't answer "no" to Young Boys question, for a few reasons

1. Roman shouldn't talk much
2. It plays into his not good bad - guy thing
3. It hints at Romans growing frustration and gives him a way of acknowledging the fan reaction. It looked like he was looking pensively at the crowd for a second before he said what he said, which was
4. Dumb

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
All the good stuff made me forget the name "Universal Championship". It's like when two kids are arguing about superheroes "Superman's the stronger" 'No The Hulk is' "Well Superman is stronger than anybody." 'Well The Hulk is stronger than the whole world' "WELL SUPERMAN IS STRONGER THAN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad Vince got one last laugh in

Made sure to wait to pull the Self Destruct button on Roman until the very last possible second so Bryan's GM show still wound up being #2 in fans' eyes

:agreed:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Everyone with the Network also watch Ride Along. It is great. One moment in particular.

You're gonna have to be more specific because there were like five I can think of that fit the criteria.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blaise330 posted:

All the good stuff made me forget the name "Universal Championship". It's like when two kids are arguing about superheroes "Superman's the stronger" 'No The Hulk is' "Well Superman is stronger than anybody." 'Well The Hulk is stronger than the whole world' "WELL SUPERMAN IS STRONGER THAN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE"

I can't wait till Shane renames his title the WWE Infinity Times Ten Championship!

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
finn rules everything around me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

I can't wait till Shane renames his title the WWE Infinity Times Ten Championship!

Stephanie: INFINITY TIMES INFINITY NO TAKESEYS BACKSEYS

• Locked thread