Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's your name
This poll is closed.
sonny boy 22 14.57%
sunny boy 10 6.62%
sonny boi 58 38.41%
sunny boi 60 39.74%
sunsweet 1 0.66%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

Dear god, what if Smackdown is also great? WHAT IF SMACKDOWN IS ALSO GREAT?! :kingsley:
Hope is a mistake. Deep down, we all know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ok now that I'm back up from 4 hours of sleep, really great Raw to be there live, never felt too long and I got to see a lot of cool and awesome matches. One of my favorite things was when they were introducing the roster Finn used Bubba Ray as a shield to sneak his way unnoticed in the back.

I can't wait to rewatch the broadcast, how was Graves? Did he sound different or did they let him be himself. (It was kind of lame how they gave Cole an entrance, but not one for Graves because he was already at the desk for WWE Superstars)

I hope she gets an NXT contract, she's like the only women's wrestler from Western PA of note

Even if she went to a cult of college

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 26, 2016

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Universal Title name is weird but it's better than the titles being called World and Heavyweight because at least it sounds like a completely different thing.

I'm also excited to see a new belt design.

Great RAW. Second time I've cried at s Sasha Banks title win, and holy poo poo Finn pins Roman clean. Went from not caring about Summerslam to being super stoked in one night. I thought Smackdown would be the show for me, but now they have something awesome to have to live up to.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Excellent Raw, things happened that felt important, it had a good structiure to it and the show never outstayed its welcome. And things happened.

I'll be curious to see if they can keep it up, as its normally the third show in a run thats the best judge of the quality of the product going forward. But it was a really good start and I enjoyed it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Another cool thing is that I got taken to Raw by a couple of family friends, one who got free Captain Morgan press box seats by their cousin who works with Consol. The one friend who I've known longer had never been to a wrestling show before or watched the product and he really enjoyed it and became a fan from this show. :unsmith:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Another cool thing is that I got taken to Raw by a couple of family friends, one who got free Captain Morgan press box seats by their cousin who works with Consol. The one friend who I've known longer had never been to a wrestling show before or watched the product and he really enjoyed it and became a fan from this show. :unsmith:

Goddamn, what a time to start watching.

That sasha/bayley clip. :shobon:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sounds like Raw was good. Hopefully they don't reverse everything if the ratings don't come in looking like what they expect them to.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fenrir posted:

Hahaha. Russo can eat a steaming pile of poo poo, WWE has owned bones lately
He has a few good points in there, in particular that Steph "punishing" Roman by giving him yet another shot at the belt (albeit a difficult one) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Paige wasn't at Raw and she hasn't wrestled in a month:
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=5535&page=4

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm watching the RAW YouTube highlights and trying to process this all and I have to ask the same question someone else asked earlier ITT: Did Vince die or something? It's like a completely different program. It's loving wild.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Didn't he book David arquette as champ

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I had the craziest dream last night: I dreamt Finn Balor pinned Roman Reigns clean, Sasha won the title in a MOTY candidate, and Braun Strowman was both Cool, and Good

edit: I love how much the four horsewomen love each other, so much

spinst posted:

i feel p bad for becky right now

poor lass

I still feel like Raw should have had the entire women's division while SD got something else (cruiserweights probably), marooning poor Becky with Natty and Eva Marie is not going to end well and the women's bench is not deep enough for two titles or whatever the gently caress they're gonna do, especially if Paige is sulking about her creepy old man boyfriend

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 26, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Her ovaries exploded. RIP

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

lol at Paige sabotaging her career for a dude who is probably just using her to gently caress

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How's anybody surprised Paige has gone down this road

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I hope James Ellsworth references become a thing, because I can't help but laugh every time I think of it.

They should have him out there every week, and keep coming up with more convoluted ways to trick him into coming back, promising that no, Braun Stroman is not your opponent this time.

(But he is. Every time)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm watching the RAW YouTube highlights and trying to process this all and I have to ask the same question someone else asked earlier ITT: Did Vince die or something? It's like a completely different program. It's loving wild.

They put the entire show on YouTube now?

Wild.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

bradzilla posted:

lol at Paige sabotaging her career for a dude who is probably just using her to gently caress
I thought her being a heat-seeking missile for drama was a construct of TOTAL DIVAS, that it was fabricated everytime Natalya would have to tell Paige not to throw her career away for some dweeb in a band, to get huge and hideous chest piece tattoos or whatever, etc. etc. Nope, does not appear so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Turns out being raised by carnies leads to poor decision making as an adult, who would've guessed?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FakePoet posted:

I hope James Ellsworth references become a thing, because I can't help but laugh every time I think of it.

They should have him out there every week, and keep coming up with more convoluted ways to trick him into coming back, promising that no, Braun Stroman is not your opponent this time.

(But he is. Every time)

They basically did this with Colin Delaney and it was great. They brought this skinny dude out and his opponent was always someone like Big Show or Kane. He would get more and more bandaged up each week.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

He has a few good points in there, in particular that Steph "punishing" Roman by giving him yet another shot at the belt (albeit a difficult one) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Fair enough... but really a lot of Stephanie things don't make sense. his whiny poo poo about the internet sounds :tinfoil: as hell though

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
romans involvement didn't really make sense seconds after being buried but it set up a cool main event and sent a message everyone wanted to hear about new raw so whatever that raw was v good

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Finn Balor is rad as hell and I'm still waiting to wake up to a world where Roman Reigns will go over Seth Rollins clean as a whistle at Summerslam to conclude a redemption angle.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman made sense as a) he's still highly "ranked" or whatever their equivalent is which feeds into b) he had to pass his push along to Finn, both in the ring and out hence him saying he hopes to get a shot down the line.

I feel it was completely the right move.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I feel bad for Roman. I mean, I'm happy he's not being shoved down our throats (at least for tonight), but still.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Officer Farva posted:

I feel bad for Roman. I mean, I'm happy he's not being shoved down our throats (at least for tonight), but still.

I would feel more bad for him if he didn't gently caress this up on his own volition.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How do we not know this isn't the redemption story though? Do we have confirmation that Vince has dropped that and is done with Roman?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's actually totally nonsensical to have read the news that Roman will go through a redemption storyline, then upon seeing him struggle, believe that Vince hates him now. Just sayin', I can't think of a reason why this isn't that thing

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Cavauro posted:

It's actually totally nonsensical to have read the news that Roman will go through a redemption storyline, then upon seeing him struggle, believe that Vince hates him now. Just sayin', I can't think of a reason why this isn't that thing

I might be misreading this, but was there actual dirtsheet stuff about a redemption arc for Reigns?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Cavauro posted:

Yeah, this is what I'm saying. Roman's going through all the steps of the redemption story, I'm failing to see how this is all proof of Vince hating him. Maybe once he starts feuding with Swagger or ADR I'll believe it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They've been building to a heel turn for Roman since around Payback.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

This was awesome solely for the idea of WWE booking entirely based on 'who would win in a shoot'

Obviously Brock is destroying everyone, but after that what happens? There's nothing that makes me think any of the other top guys would be particularly dangerous. So, Sin Cara clowns on Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and John Cena in order to become champ?

edit: wait Sin Cara is a 'middleweight at best' so I guess there's no doubt Roman Reigns would kick his rear end. gently caress

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 26, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I will laugh if SD isn't as good or is bad because holy poo poo they got one last rib in on Bryan :laffo:

Cavauro posted:

I've only seen stuff saying Vince has soured on him from basically the moment of the failed test. Anything about a redemption storyline is new

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Obviously Brock is destroying everyone, but after that what happens? There's nothing that makes me think any of the other top guys would be particularly dangerous. So, Sin Cara clowns on Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and John Cena in order to become champ?

I know Sin Cara has dropped Sheamus (twice) and Gotch, but I heard he had at least a 4-0 backstage record. Does anyone else know who else he beat?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

IcePhoenix posted:

I would feel more bad for him if he didn't gently caress this up on his own volition.

I get that, but we don't know what he actually got popped for, just rumors. I'm sure the dude was under a gently caress ton of stress.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Officer Farva posted:

I get that, but we don't know what he actually got popped for, just rumors. I'm sure the dude was under a gently caress ton of stress.

Whatever he got popped for, he still got popped. No excuse is really going to alter that.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
now i am thinking about going to maina just for the small hope that the Finn balor will be there and i want to see him come out on a big stage.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rob matter's jawline was the best part of a really good raw

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

i hope that roman reigns wallows in misery for the rest of his professional career because he received a 30 day suspension for using performance enhancing drugs (PEDs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/makeitloud/status/757947964379766786

• Locked thread