Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecessaryEvil
Aug 10, 2006
Professional Slacker
Problem description: We're running into a sporadic issue with some satellite locations that are on Eastern & Pacific times, where our HQ is in Central time. All are domain joined. The times are "correct", but the time zones are not. For whatever reason, several computers that have been upgraded from 7 to 10 are running into this issue. On other machines, it's fine. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it; I stayed late last Thursday checking and rechecking one computer, forcing gpupdate over and over, and it looked to be doing ok. The next morning, it had gone from Pacific back to Central time.

This isn't affecting systems that originally had 10 installed.

I'm aware of the option to have Windows detect and change the timezone automatically. That is disabled, via group policy. (registry update setting tzautoupdate is set to 4)

It's annoying for my end users, and I'm out of ideas. I have a policy that will run a script on reboot to set the time zone for these locations, but that's only helps on reboot..and this is affecting throughout the day.

We want to synchronize time with our domain server, of course, but I don't want it to enforce the time zone. Any advice?

Attempted fixes: Group Policy to disable time zone changing automatically. Setting it manually (as admin). Set a group policy to set the time zone on startup. Set up a VM to do a Win7 install, then an upgrade to 10. Set the timezone to Greenland, and it hasn't updated to central time, even though it was up and running since last Friday.

Recent changes: Nothing on the network, but these PCs are being upgraded from 7, 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Professional

System specs: Irrelevant.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Now I have, and adjusted this to the template.

NecessaryEvil fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread