Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

"haha yeah we don't discuss moderation decisions BUT-"

This company is the best thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

This company is the best thing ever.

Kimsemus how's it going, you're playing Eve again right?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Ruggan posted:

what the gently caress is the bird doing in their banner image? are there even birds in the game? besides the livestock which don't count

What I found hilarious was the facial expression. It looks like she's about to get ganked by someone hiding behind a tree.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

forge posted:

Even though the game is probably not poo poo anymore.. I enjoyed this.. LOL

Wow i totally forgot i wrote that one after a heavy night of drinking..
I kinda hope they pull this off and make it a good pvp game. Kinda.

e: Actually im surprised my account wasnt banned for saying that.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 27, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
New trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl21oPOawM8

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I haven't watched it yet. Please tell me they blew their annual budget on another LARP video

Orv
May 4, 2011
No, it's a narrated 'gameplay' trailer describing how they want the economy to work. People farm for things, trade them to people who make things, use that to buy what they make, etc. Except I don't know why they bother lying about it, everyone playing after a couple weeks already knows what they're playing AO for, and it's not a thrilling player driven economy, cause all of the sperg guilds will just be self-sustaining, and everyone else will get driven off.

Unless you just can't resource in places you don't explicitly control, in which case lol.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

they forgot the part where teleport hackers take all your bases

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Oh boy! Let wade into the poo poo storm again! I can't wait to kill some poo poo wolves.

Also I love how they are calling this "FINAL BETA" when there was always only going to be one, can't wait for "Gamma" or some other made up thing after beta before "release" or REAL FINAL BETA.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

pixaal posted:

Oh boy! Let wade into the poo poo storm again! I can't wait to kill some poo poo wolves.

Im looking forward to trying to attack a enemy npc..and then my character just walks to the nearest tree and starts chopping it.. :(

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

"haha yeah we don't discuss moderation decisions BUT-"

This seems a little bit biased. Whee is Kimsemus BUTTE thread where they explained why Kimsemus got banned in the first place. This is discrimination. Green Knight #freekimsemus.

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Public Enemy #1 reporting for duty

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Green Knight posted:

Public Enemy #1 reporting for duty

Do we still have our Hydra in game?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

iminers posted:

Im looking forward to trying to attack a enemy npc..and then my character just walks to the nearest tree and starts chopping it.. :(

lol

Also Kimsemus they removed meteor from the game, so time to come play again your op was a success.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
hosed up that you guys are trying to trick innocent goons into thinking they should spend time/money on this

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm pretty sure that's the Star Citizen thread you're talking about.

Orv
May 4, 2011
No, Star Citizen is basically institutionalized fraud, this is like, small town felony lying at best.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Comrayn posted:

hosed up that you guys are trying to trick innocent goons into thinking they should spend time/money on this

i too blame everyone else for my bad financial choices

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the devil made me buy alvion onlne

fkae edit: green knight tricked me into shilling for SI :argh:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I made my own poor choices but I'm not in here pretending it wasn't a waste of money

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Comrayn posted:

I made my own poor choices but I'm not in here pretending it wasn't a waste of money

finally, we get to the brave truth thats been going unsaid itt

thank you so much :golfclap:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tempus Thales posted:

Do we still have our Hydra in game?

id rather use the stock pegasus than that hydra grenade thing

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

Can we have triangle horse again?

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

the devil made me buy alvion onlne

fkae edit: green knight tricked me into shilling for SI :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So I just learned that .2 .3 .whatever items are now just hidden and not on the destiny board with no explanation of what's needed to make them. I think I'll just delete this thread as a solution.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

you should totally do that... since there are no real goons in this game.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Tempus Thales posted:

there are no real goons in this game.

haha

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

So I just learned that .2 .3 .whatever items are now just hidden and not on the destiny board with no explanation of what's needed to make them. I think I'll just delete this thread as a solution.

This is a good strategy, and nothing of value would have been lost.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Really disappointed in how this all shook out. I'll continue to be excited and eventually let down every time I see "x" might be the new UO.

It's weird how much I miss that game and how the free shards never seem to get it right for me... ahh well gently caress nostalgia.

I just really enjoyed farming mats, making poo poo for people.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Texibus posted:

Really disappointed in how this all shook out. I'll continue to be excited and eventually let down every time I see "x" might be the new UO.

It's weird how much I miss that game and how the free shards never seem to get it right for me... ahh well gently caress nostalgia.

I just really enjoyed farming mats, making poo poo for people.

Stop being disappointed and play Shards Online.

It's mechanically Ultima Online with the moddability of Neverwinter Nights (by Bioware/Obsidian, not the MMO) meaning custom terrains/scripts/assets. The developers have been extremely friendly with us. Hell, the creative director of Shards hangs out in the SA Discord, did a Q&A for us and they actually listen to feedback. Supreem was the lead dev on Ultima Online for several years too so he understands what people want.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 28, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lol

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
You can almost taste the sweaty desperation for players

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

I was interested in checking this game out until I found this thread, thanks for keeping it real, now I'm going to go back to hoping no man's sky doesn't suck

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shredder posted:

I was interested in checking this game out until I found this thread, thanks for keeping it real, now I'm going to go back to hoping no man's sky doesn't suck

Well the new beta starts Monday, so check back in about 3-4 weeks if you want to see if they actually fixed it somehow. The first 2-3 weeks are always pretty solid so judging from the thread before a month won't help you.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I already know what this thread is gonna look like

Week 1: this is better, they actually fixed a lot
Week 2: this is fun, but here are some problems
Week 3: I'm still having fun but it's getting old
Week 4: are you guys still having fun?
Week 5: is anyone playing?
Week 6: game is poo poo

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Week 2: game is poo poo
Week 3: game is poo poo
Week 4: game is poo poo
Week 5: game is poo poo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Shredder posted:

i have a hint: nms is going to suck

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ruggan posted:

Week 2: this is fun, but here are some problems
Week 3: I'm still having fun but it's getting old
Week 4: are you guys still having fun?
Week 5: is anyone playing?

Most likely, but hey maybe just maybe they will pull it off. It's why I said check back. If goons are still having fun in a month or so the game might be better. You just need to get a feel for it because there are always a few crazy people who stick around smelling the poo poo and saying its perfume.

I fully expect the game to be terrible after a few weeks still, but maybe they'll surprise us.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its illegal to post positive thoughts about this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
this game is so clearly poo poo, but nms is poo poo.. i mean minecraft in space.

• Locked thread