Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

So I blurted "WOW HE'S GOT HUGE BALLS." That was the first observation I ever made about my child after he'd left the womb.

Thank you, goon girl, for making me chuckle with this post.

Fived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Kuato posted:

Was in a minor car wreck and got to ride in an ambulance. Was strapped down and X Ray'd I was fine (was a broke undergrad so my bank account wasn't fine).

If this forum doesn't die can't wait until it's all a lot of geriatric chat on GBS.

Gotcha covered already!

I used to work in the hospital lab doing blood chemistries and drug screens. One day we had a big emergency. Two people arrive in the ER in full cardiac arrest. I'm running blood chemistries, lots of them, when a surgeon (let's call him "Dr. H") storms into the lab, pissed off that his stat blood work on someone waiting for surgery has not been done, and the entire operating team is waiting for the results to greenlight the operation. I explain that I have two people who are really, really close to dying, and I need to finish their work first. It is standard triage, and this time Dr. H is on the waiting side. He's still pissed, but understands. He expresses this by grunting out "Well get me those results as soon as you can, dammit!"

A few days later I awake with massive gut pain. A trip to the ER at my hospital reveals appendix/cecum problems and surgery is required very soon. They arrange for the emergency surgery, and the surgeon comes in to speak with me. It is Dr. H... When he first saw me he paused for a moment. After that he was a complete professional. The only thing I noticed was the fact that my scar is a couple of inches longer than is strictly needed for an operation of this sort.

My second operation was about 17 years ago. I ruptured a disc and needed repair work. That was fun, and the surgery brought blessed relief. I still have the bill. I show it to my students when I try to impress upon them that education can be valuable. Since I have a good job, based upon my education, my bill was $5.00. The total was actually $17,000, but I have good insurance. (People in the rest of the civilized world may now begin snickering at us Americans.) I show this bill to my students so they see what good insurance can do for you.

• Locked thread