Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
they are good for laughing at OP unlike your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why do people go to sporting events? All there is to do is look at people wearing costumes and buy overpriced food. It always reeks of carnival food and BO.

What the hell is the point of these events?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cons are a hot bed of insane people being dramatic

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Why do people go to sporting events? All there is to do is look at people wearing costumes and buy overpriced food. It always reeks of carnival food and BO.

loving lol at this guy unironically comparing a football game to a comic book convention

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

Cons are a hot bed of insane people being dramatic

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

loving lol at this guy unironically comparing a football game to a comic book convention

Well, in his defense both events do tend to have large amounts of both spandex and homoerotic content.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snatch Duster posted:

hook line and sinker lmao

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's like the meeting of the juggalos for non-poors.

edit: *gathering... sorry juggalos woop woop.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I went to Comic Con in London a year or two ago and Brian Blessed was there. He hadn't been booked, he wasn't on any of the literature, he just turned up and commandeered a table. So at least some are cool.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Snatch Duster posted:

another guy that posts almost exclusively in games lmbo

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How dare those nerds get together and have fun!!! I'm really mad about this! Everyone should be miserable like me. :mad:

-da OP

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

i went to a star wars convention once

it was alright i guess but not that great

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

How dare those nerds get together and have fun!!! I'm really mad about this! Everyone should be miserable like me. :mad:

-da OP

Nerds used to be people that were good at math and science. Now they're just adult children who like to dress up and play with dolls.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

in a way the geeks eventually did inherit the earth

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

NotWearingPants posted:

Nerds used to be people that were good at math and science. Now they're just adult children who like to dress up and play with dolls.

I guess if you wanna get all technical about it, they are comic book and/or video game geeks. :shrug:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

I guess if you wanna get all technical about it, they are comic book and/or video game geeks. :shrug:

It's cultural misappropriation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why do people go to bars or clubs? All there is to do is look at people you don't know and drink overpriced alcohol. It always reeks of crappy beer and BO.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Why do people go to bars or clubs? All there is to do is look at people you don't know and drink overpriced alcohol. It always reeks of crappy beer and BO.

Another extremely poignant observation about society from a poster who has pages upon pages of posts in games and let's play

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

satanic splash-back posted:

Another extremely poignant observation about society from a poster who has pages upon pages of posts in games and let's play

how many people are gonna fall for this

I'm gonna do another one I bet I'll get somebody else

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

how many people are gonna fall for this

I'm gonna do another one I bet I'll get somebody else

the puppetmaster strikes again!! rating this thread 5.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No puppetmaster here, just showing off how quick goons are to defend things they like, which is a good quality to have! :)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

No puppetmaster here, just showing off how quick goons are to defend things they like, which is a good quality to have! :)

nice meltdown.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Funky See Funky Do posted:

OP you realise we can see that you have a 100 page post history almost exclusively in the world of warcraft forum right?

:holymoley:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

satanic splash-back posted:

the puppetmaster strikes again!! rating this thread 5.

Don't get salty because you can't recognize obvious sarcasm you bugfuck idiot.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
I went to comic con once and got jealous of the cosplayers but didn't feel like making a costume, so I just cut the legs off some jeans, started walking around shirtless and told everyone I was Bruce Banner.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

redm posted:

I went to comic con once and got jealous of the cosplayers but didn't feel like making a costume, so I just cut the legs off some jeans, started walking around shirtless and told everyone I was Bruce Banner.

Were the jeans at least purple?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Because.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'd do it for a scooby snack.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Why do people go to Catholic Church? All there is to do is look at people you don't know loving children. It always reeks of crappy wine and Priest semen.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why do people even live, man?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gently caress yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat op

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Why do people even live, man?

fat rear end titties give meaning to this otherwise horrible existence imo

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Hey OP guess whose weekends aren't the exact same variations, over and over and over again?

If you can't find a decent party at a con, either you suck or the con sucks

Cosplay usually turns into trainwrecks of drama and pettiness and excessive competitive flaunting though. Really attracts the dysfunctional for some reason

I'm not going to get into photographer drama because that poo poo's worse

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

Cosplay usually turns into trainwrecks of drama and pettiness and excessive competitive flaunting though. Really attracts the dysfunctional for some reason

dressing up as cartoon characters attracts the dysfunctional you say? for some reason, unascertainable by human science obv

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nerd interests divided can not stand

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Cons are a good way for awkward and ugly dorks to get hella laid, so that alone justifies their existence IMO.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

"ZOINKS!"

-the sound my dick makes as it pops a mega steel hard boner

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bimmi posted:

Cons are a good way for awkward and ugly dorks to get hella laid, so that alone justifies their existence IMO.

Has the conversation shifted over to furries now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I think we're all agreed that thermonuclear war would clear the air as well as the chromosome

but until then who gives a gently caress how we spend our time on this gay miserable planet full of assholes

• Locked thread