Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Correct. All non 'white' cultures were originalist in nature, and have never interacted with any other cultures. All cultural appropriation is a unique (white!) American evil, sort of like how this works;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcvexAXEjM

the punchline is:

I started giving quizzes to my juniors and seniors. I gave them a ten-question American history test… just to see where they are. The vast majority of my students - I’m talking nine out of ten, in every single class, for seven consecutive years – they have no idea that slavery existed anywhere in the world before the United States. Moses, Pharaoh, they know none of it. They’re 100% convinced that slavery is a uniquely American invention… How do you give an adequate view of history and culture to kids when that’s what they think of their own country – that America invented slavery? That’s all they know.

tldr; evil didn't exist before white americans

Slavery didn't originate with America, but it did originate with white people. So did cultural appropriation, homophobia, and the gender binary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

The Renaissance
Democracy
Rule of law

:henget:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Ze Pollack posted:

Isn't Stefan Molyneux the guy who insists keeping in social contact with anyone who doesn't ascribe to the non-aggression principle is an aggression against him, personally, and also that modern physics is a government conspiracy to steal money from him

No idea, and don't really care. His point about most students and their knowledge of slavery is correct though. There's a notion in primary education, that I'm only aware of because I have 2 kids in the system right now, that American Slavery was a unique evil, and somehow slavery never existed before it was invented in the southern colonies in the 1600s, or that American slavery was orders of magnitude worse than any type every practiced before. I'm sure i'm triggering half the crowd here.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Blue Star posted:

Slavery didn't originate with America, but it did originate with white people. So did cultural appropriation, homophobia, and the gender binary.

Also, cold weather, food shortages, suffering, bad feelings, pubic lice, stepping on lego pieces in the dark, dandruff,

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

No idea, and don't really care. His point about most students and their knowledge of slavery is correct though. There's a notion in primary education, that I'm only aware of because I have 2 kids in the system right now, that American Slavery was a unique evil, and somehow slavery never existed before it was invented in the southern colonies in the 1600s, or that American slavery was orders of magnitude worse than any type every practiced before. I'm sure i'm triggering half the crowd here.

drat, nothing gets past this guy. He's figured out the liberals control the schools but also are weak, unmanly little homos a real man like him could easily crush.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Who's the worse Molyneux, Stefan or Peter?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Brainiac Five posted:

drat, nothing gets past this guy. He's figured out the liberals control the schools but also are weak, unmanly little homos a real man like him could easily crush.

You got that from what I wrote? Maybe you're just a unmanly little homo and are projecting? I mean I don't care if you are, but if you're ashamed, there's nothing stopping you from getting in shape, in fact it'll pay dividends beyond salve on your internet shame

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

You got that from what I wrote? Maybe you're just a unmanly little homo and are projecting? I mean I don't care if you are, but if you're ashamed, there's nothing stopping you from getting in shape, in fact it'll pay dividends beyond salve on your internet shame

Okay, so it's actually women you blame for the decline of American education and the inability to say that black people are to blame for slavery. Very important difference there.

G.C. Furr III
Mar 30, 2016

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Brainiac Five posted:

Okay, so it's actually women you blame for the decline of American education and the inability to say that black people are to blame for slavery. Very important difference there.

Maybe you need to take a breather, I think your markov chain generator is on the fritz

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Maybe you need to take a breather, I think your markov chain generator is on the fritz

Porky, when you talk about "triggering" people, you're talking about either the gays or the women. I'm sorry your spine is too weak for you to take responsibility for what you say, but I can't make you an actual human being just by waving a magic wand.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gobbagool posted:

It's pretty bad when you haven't managed to improve on the romans for a couple thousand years yeah.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
moses, pharaoh, they know none of it

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Samog posted:

moses, pharaoh, they know none of it
That's good, as there is no evidence the people of Israel were enslaved by the Egyptians.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Blue Star posted:

[citation needed]

gobbagool posted:

Correct. All non 'white' cultures were originalist in nature, and have never interacted with any other cultures. All cultural appropriation is a unique (white!) American evil, sort of like how this works;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcvexAXEjM

the punchline is:

I started giving quizzes to my juniors and seniors. I gave them a ten-question American history test… just to see where they are. The vast majority of my students - I’m talking nine out of ten, in every single class, for seven consecutive years – they have no idea that slavery existed anywhere in the world before the United States. Moses, Pharaoh, they know none of it. They’re 100% convinced that slavery is a uniquely American invention… How do you give an adequate view of history and culture to kids when that’s what they think of their own country – that America invented slavery? That’s all they know.

tldr; evil didn't exist before white americans

I found the /pol/yp, everyone.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Utah, when the distinctly Mormon bits are set aside, is the epitome of White Culture. Homogenous, bland, inoffensive. Something you can be proud of without having to think about it, and indeed you don't want to think about it.

I was in high school in Salt Lake, taking a Japanese language class during the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano. We watched a bunch of Martha Stewart TV segments on Japanese culture. I couldn't help but think that, come 2002, some Japanese Martha Stewart equivalent was going to come to Salt Lake and film things about Utah culture, only to find out we had no culture to speak of.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's good, as there is no evidence the people of Israel were enslaved by the Egyptians.

Or any slaves, anywhere, before North America, late 1600s. Let's get us some more ultraedgy alt-history fapfic up in here plz

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Or any slaves, anywhere, before North America, late 1600s. Let's get us some more ultraedgy alt-history fapfic up in here plz

Bold of you to insist on the total historicity of the Exodus. My favorite part is how the most plausible candidates for the Pharaoh of the Exodus were either at the height of New Kingdom power or crushed a people called the Israelites in their military expeditions into Canaan.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Brainiac Five posted:

Bold of you to insist on the total historicity of the Exodus. My favorite part is how the most plausible candidates for the Pharaoh of the Exodus were either at the height of New Kingdom power or crushed a people called the Israelites in their military expeditions into Canaan.

Or any other slaves, anywhere, ever, before the unique historical evil of slavery in North America. I also understand that before the North American invasion, no native peoples had ever been forced off their land, anywhere, ever. I bet you have some facts about the so called holocaust that you would love to share with us too, so please don't hold back!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure "maybe the bible isn't historically accurate" is quite the same as "the holocaust didn't happen"

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe reading VDARE can clear this question

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gobbagool posted:

Or any other slaves, anywhere, ever, before the unique historical evil of slavery in North America. I also understand that before the North American invasion, no native peoples had ever been forced off their land, anywhere, ever. I bet you have some facts about the so called holocaust that you would love to share with us too, so please don't hold back!

immediately freaking out about how everyone but you is educated wrong is definitely the wrong way to gain an audience for your views. im not gonna go back and read your previous posts but i can assume they are really bad

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

There's a lot to unpack here.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure "maybe the bible isn't historically accurate" is quite the same as "the holocaust didn't happen"

Braniac has staked out the position that slavery was an invention of white north Americans since it never ever happened before, clearly a well thought out and rational position, supported by the historical record. Anyone who believes otherwise is a bible thumping red neck who probably doesn't even own a che tshirt

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Ze Pollack posted:

Isn't Stefan Molyneux the guy who insists keeping in social contact with anyone who doesn't ascribe to the non-aggression principle is an aggression against him, personally, and also that modern physics is a government conspiracy to steal money from him

If you're asking if he's a crazy alt-right shithead at whose mention you can roll your eyes, the answer is yes.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Popular Thug Drink posted:

immediately freaking out about how everyone but you is educated wrong is definitely the wrong way to gain an audience for your views. im not gonna go back and read your previous posts but i can assume they are really bad

And who better to judge what's a really bad post

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
There was plenty of slavery everywhere in the world before XVI century, including in Africa. Are you people are seriously disputing that?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gobbagool posted:

And who better to judge what's a really bad post

the bold academic technique of substantiating your arguments through shitposting

"transatlantic slavery is NBD because you're a cvck, nerdling"

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Also, I'm hardly saying that everyone but me is uneducated, only the peculiar brand of d&d alt-history leftists that see everything through the lens of "amerikka bad" and think that slavery didn't exist before it did in NA. Its dumb, ahistorical, and not supported by fact.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Braniac has staked out the position that slavery was an invention of white north Americans since it never ever happened before, clearly a well thought out and rational position, supported by the historical record. Anyone who believes otherwise is a bible thumping red neck who probably doesn't even own a che tshirt

Did I? Don't think I did.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elias_Maluco posted:

There was plenty of slavery everywhere in the world before XVI century, including in Africa. Are you people are seriously disputing that?

no, i think it's the one guy saying that. same dude is also banging the table and yelling that everyone is educated wrongly in the manner of Gene Ray

the more reasonable interpretation is that transatlantic chattel slavery was notably worse than slavery as practiced elsewhere in human history. surprising nobody, white supremacists really love alternate historiography that tries to diminish the transatlantic slave trade

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gobbagool, facts are facts. White people are responsible for pretty much all of slavery, going back thousands of years. Look up the ancient Greeks and Romans, they all owned slaves. Slavery in Egypt was virtually unknown. Same for Mesopotamia, India, China, etc. Sub-Saharan African slavery and Native American slavery are also inventions by white historians. There's a very clear causal relationship between the slavery practiced by ancient whites and that practiced by whites in the 1600s-1800s.

White people also invented sexism and homophobia, too. Other races had more fluid concepts of gender and sexuality. It was white people who decided that everyone has to fit into a certain hole and that certain forms of consensual sex are wrong. Racism, sexism, homophobia, patriarchy, slavery: whites did all of it. All of it

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

the bold academic technique of substantiating your arguments through shitposting

"transatlantic slavery is NBD because you're a cvck, nerdling"

I'm sure you've been accurately insulted as such before, but not by me. I do see though that you're not arguing any of the substance of what I've written. Being on the other side of an issue from noted shitposter PTD is a badge of honor to which we should all aspire

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Blue Star posted:

gobbagool, facts are facts. White people are responsible for pretty much all of slavery, going back thousands of years. Look up the ancient Greeks and Romans, they all owned slaves. Slavery in Egypt was virtually unknown. Same for Mesopotamia, India, China, etc. Sub-Saharan African slavery and Native American slavery are also inventions by white historians. There's a very clear causal relationship between the slavery practiced by ancient whites and that practiced by whites in the 1600s-1800s.

White people also invented sexism and homophobia, too. Other races had more fluid concepts of gender and sexuality. It was white people who decided that everyone has to fit into a certain hole and that certain forms of consensual sex are wrong. Racism, sexism, homophobia, patriarchy, slavery: whites did all of it. All of it

This is a joke post right

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
wow i've never triggered anyone so hard in four posts. you must be a big old loser to hate me so bad even though i've never posted at you before afaik

anyway just screaming and crying about the marxist conspiracy in education doesn't actually convince anyone that you're right, calm down and try again

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Star posted:

Maybe you shouldn't deny racism then use the word white. Just a suggestion.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

I'm sure you've been accurately insulted as such before, but not by me. I do see though that you're not arguing any of the substance of what I've written. Being on the other side of an issue from noted shitposter PTD is a badge of honor to which we should all aspire

screeching about cvckoldry counters your pitiful attempts to veil your racism

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

jiggerypokery posted:

Don't know, but it is growing.

looks like some unchewed dentine ice to me :shrug:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Blue Star posted:

Elias, exhibit A for your viewing pleasure. I'm pretty sure he's a troll, but watch Popular Thug Drink fall in line because he wants sooooooo badly for it to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
TBH white culture sounds like a good idea. They should give it a shot.

• Locked thread