Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Bonzo posted:

inconceivable!

i dont think that means what you think it means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nice try thread but no

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
humperdii~ink!

humperdink humperdink humperdink humperdink!

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Ruggan posted:

it's a bad movie that people like because of nostalgia. Like the Neverending story. You're bound to hate it

I know a guy that looks like falcor

gently caress. you.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H.H posted:

gently caress. you.

inconceivable

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Bonzo posted:

You know the guy in Spinal Tap with the amp that goes to 11? He's to married Jamie Lee Curtis who they say was borth with both a vagina and cock. Anyway, he plays a guy who has 6 fingers on one hand.

So, you're saying that his fingers go to 11, too?

Ruggan posted:

it's a bad movie that people like because of nostalgia. Like the Neverending story. You're bound to hate it

Absolutely and completely wrong, dickweed. It is an amazing film, as it was when I saw it for the first time at a sneak preview before it was released. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. However, when I show it to my film club, I do have to explain to my students that the video game at the beginning was the absolute state of the art at the time the film was made.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Until I was like 28 I thought I had seen that movie but it turns out I've just seen Legend so it turns out I never saw it but I liked Legend.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

a bunch of goons on something awful said its good

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

well have you heard of all your base

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dickweed? Thank you for your flavorful insults :)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

Patton oswalt's sad brains swears by it!

Oh great, now I don't want to watch it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I saw it in college it was ok

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Android Bicyclist posted:

It's like Game of Thrones but made for children so no actual nudity or gory violence. You should like it, as you're a 14 year old girl I picked up at the mall food court.

It was actually kind of funny the way some of the violence was handled though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOv5ZjAOpC8

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I will kill you if you don't

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I want to show you this movie. It's the one where you get laid 100% of the time after watching it. :getin:

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Fister Roboto posted:

It has that guy who says that one thing. You know!

He clearly said "to blave."

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*tosses flashbang through window and then kicks down the door

GET ON THE GROUND! GET ON THE GROUND! HANDS ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD! I SAID PUT YOUR loving HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!

*slides Princess Bride DVD over with a kick

WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND, SLOWLY REACH FOR THE DISC!

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Parallax Scroll posted:

a bunch of goons on something awful said its good

Well that settles it.

tensac
Jun 9, 2011

is it anything?
high? adventure!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I came here for some fun pee-bride bashing but now I'm just sad that Bowie's dead. listening to black star now.

anyone remember labyrinth?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember Labyrinth.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I promise to just silently mouth every single loving line instead of saying them out loud.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I have never seen princess bride so you guys can direct your responses right to me

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I wrote to the publisher asking for the love scene and they never wrote me back. Assholes.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

I wrote to the publisher asking for the love scene and they never wrote me back. Assholes.
I found a copy of the original at a flea market, shoot me your email and I can try and transcribe it for you.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
"My dad didn't like the title."

shows the welts

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
It has one of the best movie catch phrases of all time: "Unbelievable!"

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Ruggan posted:

I know a guy that looks like falcor

Ha ha. That is a good joek. The Neverending Story rules, though. It's as awesome today on my TV as it was thirty-two years ago in the theater, and I still cry when the rock biter says "they look like big, good, strong hands, don't they."

I understand you have to make the funny here in these very forums, it's important, but please not so much of the bad jokes about such good movies that should have awards and be loved by all.

Edit:

criscodisco posted:

Until I was like 28 I thought I had seen that movie but it turns out I've just seen Legend so it turns out I never saw it but I liked Legend.

Liking Legend is the sign of a good person. You also like Married... with Children, so I think you might be God, or something like him.

Edit: Also Labyrinth.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
your dick will grow back

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

eSporks posted:

I found a copy of the original at a flea market, shoot me your email and I can try and transcribe it for you.

It boggles my mind that somebody even knows what I'm talking about, much less that they would actually have it. Inconceivable!
repairmandave@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mawwidge. mawwidge is wot bwings togedduh tooday

• Locked thread