Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

Mr Pibbleton do you imagine you are impressing people by unironically posting gifs from this show

Oh, it's totally made me want to download a season or two and begin watching right away so I can change my mind about this show (and maybe Spongebob, too, while I am at it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

BillmasterCozb posted:

is that the female fedora

no that's the pink hair

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

loquacius posted:

Mr Pibbleton do you imagine you are impressing people by unironically posting gifs from this show

No, most people in this thread seem to really hate it. :kiddo:

Haier posted:

Oh, it's totally made me want to download a season or two and begin watching right away so I can change my mind about this show (and maybe Spongebob, too, while I am at it).

I've never actually seen an episode of Spongebob.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

No, most people in this thread seem to really hate it. :kiddo:

so you admit that you're just posting it to get literally any reaction you can

nice

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
this is the su thread and he is posting su gifs seems appropriate

su is real good btw

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am an autistic sadbrains oval office who shits good threads to death. When I'm called out on it I desperately try "the puppet master defense", "rolling with the punches" and "being ironic" to hide what a pathetic waste of space I actually am.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Anyone remember how one SU fan artist got bullied into a suicide attempt because people thought that she drew one character too skinny?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Hustlin Floh posted:

I am an autistic sadbrains oval office who shits good threads to death. When I'm called out on it I desperately try "the puppet master defense", "rolling with the punches" and "being ironic" to hide what a pathetic waste of space I actually am.

oh dude, same!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hadaka Apron posted:

Anyone remember how one SU fan artist got bullied into a suicide attempt because people thought that she drew one character too skinny?

Yes and as I recall she also got accused of "Jewish erasure" for drawing people's noses too small even though the fanart in question had a large nose on model with the character, who was of south Asian descent.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Troposphere posted:

oh dude, same!

Perhaps we can agree to disagree on what constitutes a "good" thread in SA.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

this is the su thread and he is posting su gifs seems appropriate

su is real good btw

nice av/post combo, but i feel Mr Pibbleton is more deserving of it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

Jasper reminds me of Aileen Wuornos

It's the crazy eyes, right?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

the only posts i ever see from pibbleton are in children's cartoon threads

the only posts i ever see from troposphere are really weirdly hyper aggressive insults towards other posters about gender stuff, and also now apparently to tell people how good steven universe and its gifs are

why are either of you in this subforum

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Vargs posted:

the only posts i ever see from troposphere are really weirdly hyper aggressive insults towards other posters about gender stuff, and also now apparently to tell people how good steven universe and its gifs are

to spread the word about how good Steven universe is

it's real good

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

it's real good

if you like boring cartoons, then yeah :v:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

BillmasterCozb posted:

if you like boring cartoons, then yeah :v:

as a matter of fact, I do

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vargs posted:

SU threads are the only ones I post SU gifs in, though I did post Korra gifs in the Korra threads. Most threads in the various forums I frequent I just post text responses and while I try to maintain a generally positive tone I work in Aleutian internment camps of WWII on occasion.

Troposphere posted:

it's real good

I too enjoy this show. I was walking my dog one morning a while ago and I saw a number of cosplayers for it in rural western Washington, for a convention I presume. If they were going to the local Walmart that'd just be peculiar.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I've never actually seen an episode of Spongebob.

I am sure it's in your mental age bracket.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

as a matter of fact, I do

Well, if that's what you like, that's what you like.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

SU threads are the only ones I post SU gifs in, though I did post Korra gifs in the Korra threads. Most threads in the various forums I frequent I just post text responses and while I try to maintain a generally positive tone I work in Aleutian internment camps of WWII on occasion.

What's that got to do with it?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I too enjoy this show. I was walking my dog one morning a while ago and I saw a number of cosplayers for it in rural western Washington, for a convention I presume. If they were going to the local Walmart that'd just be peculiar.

I was tabling at a convention and there was a young boy who was cosplaying Steven and he was so proud and excited it was adorable

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
stage 3: members of the group facing ridicule gather and all posts turn to arguments over which side sucks more

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Wulfolme posted:

stage 3: members of the group facing ridicule gather and all posts turn to arguments over which side sucks more

nah I'm just here to chill and talk about how good Steven universe is

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Haier posted:

The first couple seasons of spongebob were really funny.
who the gently caress hates it, I want to know.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

this was like a scene out of an even gayer victor victoria

I love musicals so I love Steven universe quite a bit! it's real good!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lets make this a spongebob thread instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUaHIFpNMcI

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Troposphere posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

this was like a scene out of an even gayer victor victoria

I love musicals so I love Steven universe quite a bit! it's real good!

me watching you post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoxF29RI2Bs

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

I identify very strongly with Patrick

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Troposphere posted:

Is it because women are bad drivers?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

first couple of seasons of spongebob were p good

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Nanomashoes posted:

Is it because women are bad drivers?

also I'm a pink starfish

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

me watching steven universe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0Q9L6Pi0I

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

I'm sure you do with a lot of things.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

BillmasterCozb posted:

What's that got to do with it?

It's not a very cheery subject I'm afraid. Here's a short article on the subject http://newspaperrock.bluecorncomics.com/2010/01/aleuts-interned-during-ww-ii.htm

Uncle Wemus posted:

first couple of seasons of spongebob were p good

Writing went downhill over time?

Troposphere posted:

I was tabling at a convention and there was a young boy who was cosplaying Steven and he was so proud and excited it was adorable

:3:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It's not a very cheery subject I'm afraid. Here's a short article on the subject http://newspaperrock.bluecorncomics.com/2010/01/aleuts-interned-during-ww-ii.htm

whats that got to do with steven's penis

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

BillmasterCozb posted:

I'm sure you do with a lot of things.

what does this burn even mean

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Writing went downhill over time?

I was in middle school and had poo poo taste and even I could notice its quality taking a huge nosedive after the movie. There was this weird part of the movie where spongebob fucks up everything and Mr. Krabbs says "it's ok spongebob, you're just a kid." and that line just confused the hell out of me. Like, Spongebob is an adult, with a house, and a job, and there's a series of episodes where the entire joke is that he's an adult that can't pass the driving test to get a license. Then after the movie they stuck with the whole kid angle and it really seemed to me like they got a new writer or stopped caring because they just really missed the point of all the characters after that.
Anyways I like this joke too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0K5s7-k9cs

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

what does this burn even mean

What I am saying is that I am certain that you identify with Patrick Star with a lot of things, such as posting habits

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I like Steven universe I think it's really good FYI

That's all for me bye

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

The first couple seasons of spongebob were really funny.
who the gently caress hates it, I want to know.

My post was sarcastic, but I have seen two episodes of Spongbab and it was what it was. I couldn't make sense of anything going on. Granted, I was watching it while visiting my middle/high school friend I haven't seen in years and he was on the phone while I was in the living room waiting and watching with his two elementary school-aged kids.

Pro tip: Hanging out with a divorced dad of two is depressing as hell.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

BillmasterCozb posted:

What I am saying is that I am certain that you identify with Patrick Star with a lot of things, such as posting habits

ah ok yeah I will agree with that every time I shitpost I think to myself is this something Patrick would post and if it isn't I flush it down the goddamn toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Troposphere posted:

I identify very strongly with Mr. Crabs whale daughter because I can't listen to her talking without hearing the Boss from MGS3, and the Boss was a true patriot.

• Locked thread