Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Please; post more, OP. This is the best thing; I've read on my computor in years. It's really good; and I'm enjoying it; lots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
poo poo. This reminds me of that old thread where some goon found a short story in a library or coffee shop. I think it was called (something) Saturn. I know it had Saturn in the title. It was goddamn hilarious with strong jawed space marines fighting lizard aliens, and it's a crime I can't find it. I think the guy who found it made a website, but I'm having no luck.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ladydad posted:

kale salad and some hummus + pita

YES!

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love the smell of technology in the morning.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Wow this is better than Tom Clancy

lol just kidding everything is better than Tom Clancy

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

How do we know he wasn't writing a parody

Ladydad
Mar 23, 2008

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

How do we know he wasn't writing a parody

There are easily 4 - 500 pages of this

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
This ain't jarhead

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
Hmm it says the author is from Des Moines. Could this be the magnum opus of Jastiger?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I'm the republican voting haircut

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Frankenstyle posted:

poo poo. This reminds me of that old thread where some goon found a short story in a library or coffee shop. I think it was called (something) Saturn. I know it had Saturn in the title. It was goddamn hilarious with strong jawed space marines fighting lizard aliens, and it's a crime I can't find it. I think the guy who found it made a website, but I'm having no luck.

The website wasn't Genesis Space, was it?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ladydad posted:

So two weekends ago I went to a yard sale and bought a few boxes of random office crap for about 20 bucks.

In the bottom of the box was a bundle of loose papers that looked like they had just been chucked in there. About a reams' worth, about half water damaged. The print quality is pretty bad as well. I started reading them, and it's this guy's unfinished military thriller. I started scanning the pages in yesterday and uploading them to a blog I made for it because I feel like the world should see this man's work. The biggest issue is that the pages are out of order, and this dude only numbered about a quarter of them for some reason. I think this is either a first or rough draft, because most of the pages have notes or corrections.

I wanted to make a thread to share it here as well- I thought someone might appreciate it as well. I present it without commentary. The scanning is slow going because my boss is a real dick and I don't have a scanner at home so I'm trying to sneak it in where I can. The blog is here:

I try and sneak it when I can with your boss also, he is a bit of a catch!

THis seems a pretty good/bad find op...looking forward to more. If you finish it you could be Buck Tangle (no relation to chuck tingle).

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

part of being a superb lover is being considerate to feminine concerns

Ladydad posted:

There are easily 4 - 500 pages of this

I need a strong man with the right equipment, and I like your loadout. Do your duty.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I read 2 paragraphs and a few random words on down and I gotta tell ya it's probably the worst piece of literature ever written. I mean this poo poo is pure gold. :kiddo:

Ladydad
Mar 23, 2008

Enfys posted:

part of being a superb lover is being considerate to feminine concerns

I need a strong man with the right equipment, and I like your loadout. Do your duty.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Choco Happy Ending posted:

This is even better if you read it in Zapp Brannigan's voice.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
An asian, possibly Chinese

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

EngineerSean posted:

An asian, possibly Chinese

The Chinese

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Please post more of this

I need to know why raw dogging Oliver North's daughter is "important to the mission"

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
this man is very aware of which races his characters are, and are not, members of

i must assume he is a truly committed worldbuilder, such granular detail!

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Would "hummer" be too risque? Asking for a friend.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I'm turgid, but fraught with power.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Frankenstyle posted:

I miss the one with the guy posting his roommates epic Aliens ripoff about The Flarings.

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013

Enfys posted:

} YES!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Please post more of this

I need to know why raw dogging Oliver North's daughter is "important to the mission"

If I'm reading this right, Olivia North is his wife and he's cheating on her with someone named Melanie(who is definitely NOT the author's wife, Melissa) for the mission

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At least he's not cheating on Melanie with Olivia.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So what I gather he's an Army Husband who has to stay at home all day and write erotic fiction while his wife is on deployment?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Sold, exclusively based off of that first paragraph in the first image

"She lay on the floor covered with frost like an iowa morning, 26 seconds without the sweet life air gives you, just like her father"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Frankenstyle posted:

https://sites.google.com/site/destinationsaturn/

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ratjaculation posted:

pushed a sobbing Melissa melanie

note to author: melissa is your wife
To hell with his wife.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Splicer posted:

To hell with his wife.

"Don't ask, don't tell," he once said to his wife about his work.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

quote:

President North
This guy saved fracking Chelsea Clinton from Space DeathTM. Who wouldn't love him!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
My guess is Iran-Contra killed this novel before arnold could sign onto the movie project this was obviously destined to become

:911:

Ladydad
Mar 23, 2008
if something happens to me

email firemissionover at gmail dot com ill send scans of the rest of the story

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Since it is unfinished we should come up with an ending in the author's style.

They lived out the rest of their days in peace, never having to use the weapons of war that they had been so well trained to use. He rested his manhammer rifle down on the bed, next to his second favorite conquest, the alluring woman known as Olivia, whose lithe body seemed to shimmer in anticipation of what would come next.
"No condoms" she said, looking at his body and the grime the was there.
"I promise to fill you with only love," he replied and joined her in the bed.

Ladydad
Mar 23, 2008
halfway expecting to find a suicide note scrawled inside a semen stained copy of Red Storm Rising

Ladydad
Mar 23, 2008
(it's mine)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ladydad posted:

(it's mine)

Your note, your book, or your semen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
*starts writing something introspective about the characters*

*scribbles it out, goes back to cocks and jets*

• Locked thread