Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For those of you new goons, back in the day we had some good fun in GBS playing The Dating Game on one of Sony's websites. It was played just like the classic TV show version and led to some high quality answers from goons that no doubt played a part in Sony removing The Dating Game from the Internet. But unlike a lot of the fun classics, there was never an attempt to create a new version of the game and that makes me sad.

Here is some fun moments that could have been found when playing The Dating Game with goons.

Basically what I'm saying is it's a super easy game and someone should remake this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
classic SA which I blame for making me the person I am today

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

My favorite one was "if you were a fancy bottle of wine, what would your label say?"

"Contents may cause birth defects"

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
One of the better parts of the old internet, I'd like to see more things on the new internet like The Dating Game

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mdm posted:

One of the better parts of the old internet, I'd like to see more things on the new internet like The Dating Game

Wish we could bring back the old Internets :(.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Wow , there was a lot more open joking about pedophilia back in the day than I remember.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

People could make jokes about a wider range of subjects before retarded idiots decided to get offended by every little thing. The late 90s/early 2000s was quite a time to be on the internet.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Wow , there was a lot more open joking about pedophilia back in the day than I remember.

TBH all of the goon games like this tend to revolve around what normal people would be offended by. So you get people playing pedophile & racist things a lot.

This was true of pretty much every game we played and goons probably played a role in most of those games being taken offline. The Dating Game, Psychobabble, and Acrophobia were all easy to play some loving up things on!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

various cheeses posted:

People could make jokes about a wider range of subjects before retarded idiots decided to get offended by every little thing. The late 90s/early 2000s was quite a time to be on the internet.

I am offended by your use of the word "2000", instead of using "2K". By this time tomorrow I will have amassed a 10,000 strong army of sadbrain Tumblrites and deviant pony-fuckers to doxx you and get you fired from your job.

Trust me, the fanfic devoted to this crusade will be euphoric. You messed with the wrong evolutionary dead-end, mon frere.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I am offended by your use of the word "2000", instead of using "2K". By this time tomorrow I will have amassed a 10,000 strong army of sadbrain Tumblrites and deviant pony-fuckers to doxx you and get you fired from your job.

Trust me, the fanfic devoted to this crusade will be euphoric. You messed with the wrong evolutionary dead-end, mon frere.

Heh good luck pal, I'm on good terms with my boss (me) at the retard masturbation factory (my house)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure some tech savvy goon who still has the install files can resurrect this somehow.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that there's no Facebook version of this, made all the more interesting by the fact that people are using their real names and faces. Eharmony could be the sponsor or something.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Favorite:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Oh poo poo, here's pretty much the whole collection: http://www.shwiggie.com/media/datinggame/

quote:

a quick explanation:

i frequent a forums web site called something awful. there are general discussion threads covering just about anything you can think of.

one member posted an article talking about an online dating gameshow that is being hosted by sony.

the game is a very cutesy setup- there's a "chooser" and three contestants. it works just like any lame dating show you've seen on t.v... the chooser asks stuff like "if you were an ice cream flavor, what would it be?" and the contestants talk in Sexy Talk, describing how they'd be vanilla, and love to be licked this way and that.

not anymore.

all of a sudden, hundreds and hundreds of twisted fucks like me bombarded this place, and took over. some of the responses were posted on something awful, and i just saved most of the screen captures. some of them were so drat funny i literally had tears running down my face. the goal was to shock and offend the hell out of all the "normal" people there. i think we were successful.

so, in no particular order, here they are....

(some of them didn't have the questions in the screencap, so i just wrote it in above them.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Bandwagoning , gj you're another victim

• Locked thread