Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

AAB posted:

has there been the semi-annual "tweezer off" yet in this iteration of the thread? cause 6x tweezer from MWP a couple years ago is def the best one of modern (probably even v2) Phish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plNndopcPfo

Good looks! Somehow I've either forgotten this existed or never knew about it - I'm gonna give this set a whirl right now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg77L7e9EQY

My favorite 2.0 Tweezer was Hartford 10.27.13. I had gone to the two Worcester shows before it and Hartford was supposed to be my last one because I was trying to be responsible. Somewhere around the peak of this jam I said "holy poo poo I need to do the Halloween run in Atlantic City" and ended up having one of the best weekends of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Jacksonville last night was great, first time I'd seen the band in a couple years. Brought my dad and a family friend, and they both had a great time. A+, would go again. Stash, Undermind, and the Piper jam were just excellent.

Free download code to whoever wants it: 249422933773

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Jacksonville last night was great, first time I'd seen the band in a couple years. Brought my dad and a family friend, and they both had a great time. A+, would go again. Stash, Undermind, and the Piper jam were just excellent.

Free download code to whoever wants it: 249422933773

drat too slow, quick and the dead around here :)

E: actually the funny thing about that tweezerfest from a few years back is my favorite part is actually that "turning on a dime" key change into simple.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

tahoe tweez

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
Who else caught that sit-in from Bob Weir the other day? That was an incredible set.

When they started up Miss You, I laughed because of course they'd stick this loving song in set 2 after doing a great jam in Twist. But then Bobby sang it, and holy poo poo the performance he gave was bone-chilling. I still don't like the song when Trey sings it, but the Bobby version... wow. Trey just doesn't have the right voice to deliver certain songs, that being one of them, but Bobby delivered. Anyway, the set is absolutely worth checking out, even if you aren't a fan of the Dead. Bobby melts into Twist perfectly and makes it seem like his part was always there.

Speaking of Miss You and the new album, I actually really dig most of this album. I think Miss You is really the only iffy track, but I think it's because I get that "oh god no not again" feeling when I hear it because it seems to get played at the worst time. But, poo poo, I think this is a pretty cool album with a very apocalyptic end-of-the-world vibe. I love some of the lyrics - "We're on a big boat, like the one's that our forefathers sailed" especially, and some of these songs just have an eerie end-of-the-world thing going on. I really dig Breath & Burning and I hope they figure out how to stretch it out a bit. Petrichor is also awesome, but I really hope the fans don't eat them alive and deem it TTE v2. I actually really like TTE and wouldn't mind hearing it busted out once in awhile

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So uh, the most recent Georgia show was meant to be really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewg7NWkAh5k

Haven't listened myself but the setlist looks intriguing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was kinda spooked by that lame show before the Halloween run, but those last too shows have got me seriously thinking about putting down some cash and streaming the last two.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yeah that golden age is killer

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm that 20 minute DWD -> Birds of a Feather

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

haha he's wearing the shirt from fallon

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It was The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, in case you somehow didn't catch the news.

Haven't listened to it, but I look forward to it there are a bunch of tunes on the back end of that album I adore.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

algebra testes posted:

It was The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, in case you somehow didn't catch the news.

Haven't listened to it, but I look forward to it there are a bunch of tunes on the back end of that album I adore.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/33uPFf4cfCf - I'm couch touring and having an awesome night :)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That's pretty bad through Starman at least. Moonage daydream was alright. And the strings and backup singers are nice. They kinda took all of the balls out of the music.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i used to hate phish, but my best friend in college was a huge phan and eventually turned me on. there's still a lot of phish i don't like, but there are also some times where nothing hits the spot more then just hearing them rip. i feel like i go back to the 97 dayton show more than any other these days.

those vids of the touring rig walkthroughs were great btw

Korean Barbecue Slut
Aug 6, 2009
Anyone going to NYE at MSG?

We Got Floor tickets all Four nights

Woot!

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer
NYE was pretty awesome...The whole run was pretty fun. Not sure if I buy the rumors of the summer residency. I live in NYC and I'm not sure if I'd really like it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Like a billy Joel-style residency?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Anyone else going to be in Mexico?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PZyn79QRXk

"I'm not talking about Gamehenge on the NFL network!!!"

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Last night was fire!!! Loved carini bowie hood, also slave encore, cheers

SET 1: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Simple -> Tweezer > Roggae, Nothing, Ghost > Ya Mar, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Rift > Fluffhead

SET 2: Down with Disease[1] -> No Men In No Man's Land > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley -> Possum > Carini > David Bowie, Harry Hood

ENCORE: Slave to the Traffic Light > Tweezer Reprise

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That's a good looking set list. Sally only comes out when they're feeling frisky

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

watched Bittersweet Motel for the first time last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. also just discovered the "machine gun trey" compilation, hoo boy. really finding my phish bliss lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uCSy67k16c

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

in case anyone was wondering, i have determined that the above DWD features the greatest guitar solo of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

That is some tasty guitaring. That whole show is gold (available on Spotify, btw).

Anybody hitting up some MSG shows? I'm hoping to, but I've got two bachelor parties and two weddings to attend that are likely to suck up most of my time off this year. But I'll squeeze in whatever I can, because they've been on a mostly upward trajectory since they hit the west coast this summer.

I can't believe that those 'baker's dozen' rumors were true! Will this be Island Tour-esque? I'm sure we all hope so.

• Locked thread