Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

I thought it was interesting. I'm not really into US politics but this is more about Reddit anyway.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/28/donald-trump-reddit-ama-censorship/

Apparently Trump only answered 12 questions during the AMA and the rest (2200 people) got banned.

"For the record we banned 2200 shills during Mr. Trump's AMA. Sorry brigaders, you weren't dealing with amateurs, our mods are battle-hardened shill-slayers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

One of the "shills" was even a reporter working for Ghost Breitbart

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Those redditors were probably goblins.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Thanks for the reddit update.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Are they banned from Reddit or just from the_donald?

If it's the latter who gives a gently caress?

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

RobattoJesus posted:

Are they banned from Reddit or just from the_donald?

If it's the latter who gives a gently caress?

https://twitter.com/Thegetawayplan9/status/758439104287682560/photo/1

Teh_Dooonalds it seems

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Probably the best thing to ever happen to them.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Ok, spanks for the update bro

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trump&defid=1477245

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I am glad they gave Trump a safe space to answer questions before he became bored again and did something else.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

And now Bernie bros are holding a fart-in at the dnc.... or a trump-in if you will :tinfoil:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Reddit should ban Trump instead :agesilaus:

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Reddit still has users?

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

William Stoner posted:

Reddit still has users?

I'm posting on a vBulletin forum.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
reddit can kindaly suck poo poo from my rear end in a top hat :grin:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I mean what did you expect honestly

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

trump shutting down dissent like a fascist baby bitch no way

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Donald people are saying Reddit removed the Trump AMA from the front page, despite it receiving the most upvotes or whatever because of LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS!!!

I think it's important that we all know what's REALLY GOING ON at Reddit because that's where the election will really be decided imo.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Pawn 17 posted:

The Donald people are saying Reddit removed the Trump AMA from the front page, despite it receiving the most upvotes or whatever because of LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS!!!

I think it's important that we all know what's REALLY GOING ON at Reddit because that's where the election will really be decided imo.

I mean its not important at all in the scheme of things but the admins really do do poo poo like that.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

William Stoner posted:

I'm posting on a vBulletin forum.

Are you trying to say that Reddit is better than vBulletin? Cause Reddit is terrible to navigate and read.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

They made it a sticky days after Reddit said they were changing the sticky algorithm to make it so stickies are less likely to make it to the front page or /r/all

So they're just a bunch of loving idiots basically

Pawn 17 posted:

Cause Reddit is terrible to navigate and read.

for real though

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

Are you trying to say that Reddit is better than vBulletin? Cause Reddit is terrible to navigate and read.

At least it has posters and a sense of community

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

Thanks for the Reddit update OP! I suggest you spend as much time there as humanly possible instead of here, so we can get some more sweet Reddit updates when poo poo like this happens!

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Regence posted:

Thanks for the Reddit update OP! I suggest you spend as much time there as humanly possible instead of here, so we can get some more sweet Reddit updates when poo poo like this happens!

Sorry my friend, I don't use Reddit (unless someone linkbaits me there). So I doubt I'm a very good news source, unless the story reaches the news like this one.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Badchay posted:

Sorry brigaders, you weren't dealing with amateurs, our mods are battle-hardened shill-slayers."[/i]

yasss queen

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
They autobanned all new accounts to keep down spamming/shitposting knowing they were getting a bunch of shitposting/spam either way, autobanning new accounts under 30 days old or under 500 post karma seems fair.

SA's ten bucks entrance fee serves (served?) the same purpose and I don't see anyone bitching about that.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

lovely Wizard posted:

They autobanned all new accounts to keep down spamming/shitposting knowing they were getting a bunch of shitposting/spam either way, autobanning new accounts under 30 days old or under 500 post karma seems fair.

SA's ten bucks entrance fee serves (served?) the same purpose and I don't see anyone bitching about that.

because the people who would bitch about it wont pony up ten bucks and that is not the only accounts they banned

but who loving cares if you get banned from a loving subreddit about sucking off an oompa loompa

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

No it's not. It's much easier than megathreads.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I am reading his Reddit AMA and it looks like the top post was by Milo Yaninkonpolipsis and was deleted? What did it say?

Also lol that people bought Donald Trump Reddit Gold.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The criteria for participation was laid out before the ama, just saying.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
reddit = rubbish

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

cuck cuck im gay posted:

I am reading his Reddit AMA and it looks like the top post was by Milo Yaninkonpolipsis and was deleted? What did it say?

Also lol that people bought Donald Trump Reddit Gold.

i refuse to find out who greeky mcgreeknamapopalis is

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 29, 2016

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I resent reddit for making me side with Trump

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Who wants to pool some money together to buy Donald Trump a SA account.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

reignofevil posted:

Who wants to pool some money together to buy Donald Trump a SA account.

I already have one.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Germstore posted:

I already have one.

Faker!!11

There's already AMA going on http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784761

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i want to see a donald trump sex tape leak before election day

hopefully with him ploughing his own daughter

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
NIMBLE
A
V
I
G
A
T
O
R

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

reddit would be better if everyone had cool avatars, like a dog eatin a breadstick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

hth posted:

i refuse to find out who greeky mcgreeknamapopalis is

I just read up on who he is and I still don't know who he is

• Locked thread