Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit for the ignorant:

also called a doner and possibly kebab or maybe the meat is cooked on a kebab or "vertical spit" before sauce is applied

I think it's from turkey or Lebanon perhaps but they're only popular in eastern Canada ?

gunna go buy one, thanks for reading

paul_soccer10 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't remember if I've made a thread about donairs before

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
gonna get drunk as gently caress and eat donairs tonight boys...cory trevor lets get er fuckin going with the fireworks

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I like gyros

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

RVWinkle posted:

I like gyros

does anybody not?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Can't corner the Donair

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

RVWinkle posted:

I like gyros

i worked in a greek restaurant kitchen for like a year. after a year of eating two gyros a day im still not sick of them. i dont think its possible

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Is a donair one better than conair because I love that movie

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No. Am I missing much?

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Gyros are great. Can't believe the sauce just works. Also the fries are great.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Yes I have. Very late at night, while very drunk in southern spain.
It was good.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry, I kill terrorists, not eat their food.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
Seconding that gyros are amazing. Almost every late night pizza place in Montreal has some version of it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I heard the OP has never eaten donair but has eaten a lot of derriere

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Yes, when I was in Germany that was like the only quick food available besides pizza. I don't care for lamb but they're not bad.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIcxqVRLEWI

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy christ that was tasty

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
They're generally popular across Europe, and I ate one today, in fact.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ape Fist posted:

They're generally popular across Europe, and I ate one today, in fact.

hell ya my dude what was on it
mine had onions and tomates

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Doner kebabs fuckin rule, yeah mate

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah of course

If you've never had a doner plate you're probably a frightening hill person

The turks get maddest if you suggest they didn't invent it so maybe they invented it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the lebanese are by a wide margin the most socially, politically, and economically successful immigrant community in my province and have contributed far more to this stupid and gay culture than anyone else. not even close whoever is second? the irish? im afraid not, motherfucker

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I had Lebanese food once in my life and it all tasted like flowers. :confused:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ape Fist posted:

I had Lebanese food once in my life and it all tasted like flowers. :confused:

that sounds more like lesbian food; the summers eve variety

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
a good gyro is worth driving 50 miles for. i measure foods by how far i would drive for one

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*must have feta

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

dad gay. so what posted:

a good gyro is worth driving 50 miles for. i measure foods by how far i would drive for one

how do you measure dicks?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Bananana posted:

how do you measure dicks?

i just kind of eyeball it

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
A donair is only a donair if it has sweet sauce (sweetened condensed milk, vinegar, garlic powder) on it. Otherwise it's a doner kebab or a shawarma or a gyro.

Donairs are popular everywhere in Canada with different toppings (cheese, pickled turnips, lettuce, parsley, olives, banana peppers, etc), but they first were made by a dude in Halifax, so a Halifax donair has just tomatoes, onions, and donair sauce on it.

I hope you enjoyed learning about donairs :)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

A donair is only a donair if it has sweet sauce (sweetened condensed milk, vinegar, garlic powder) on it. Otherwise it's a doner kebab or a shawarma or a gyro.

Donairs are popular everywhere in Canada with different toppings (cheese, pickled turnips, lettuce, parsley, olives, banana peppers, etc), but they first were made by a dude in Halifax, so a Halifax donair has just tomatoes, onions, and donair sauce on it.

I hope you enjoyed learning about donairs :)

interesting. i didnt know of such a thing. i thought it was just a gyro... thx

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
Donairs are awesome and also give me horrible crippling gas pain and completely horrible smelling farts, which is also awesome.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Donair...bonair...

(boner)

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Have I ever eaten one? Bitch please I'm the fresh prince of donair

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
is that a burrito?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Remove Donair

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm going to go buy a donair from some dudes who moved here from Afghanistan. I will post pics of what donairs look like in Alberta, maybe, if you're all polite and nice to eachother for the next 30 minutes.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

i get cronuts but that thing doesn't look anything like a donut??

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Congratulations, by not posting you have all been nice and polite by default :-)

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

RadioactiveKid posted:

is that a burrito?

Like a taco but with a fluffier and tastier tortilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

A donair is only a donair if it has sweet sauce (sweetened condensed milk, vinegar, garlic powder) on it.

:chloe:

No

That's unbelievably foul

The sauce is yogurt or mayo based. There are lots of hot sauces as options. Putting sweetened condensed milk on a doner is a something that guy did to get lovely fat white people to buy it and is a first order culinary atrocity.

raton fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 29, 2016

• Locked thread