Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gyros for life.
I mean literally give gyros to the poor and starving to sustain their lives. Give them tzatziki IV infusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm not going to say that the good donair place is in a lovely part of town, but I will say that there is a kid with no shoes on hitting people while his mother watches TV and ignores him.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

:chloe:

No

That's unbelievably foul

The sauce is yogurt or mayo based. There are lots of hot sauces as options. Putting sweetened condensed milk on a doner is a something that guy did to get lovely fat white people to buy it and is a first order culinary atrocity.

It's true, that's what makes a donair different from a doner kebab or gyro

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

paul_soccer10 posted:

edit for the ignorant:

also called a doner and possibly kebab or maybe the meat is cooked on a kebab or "vertical spit" before sauce is applied

I think it's from turkey or Lebanon perhaps but they're only popular in eastern Canada ?

gunna go buy one, thanks for reading

That looks delicious, but I'd only eat it if the profits were guaranteed not fund Islamic raping sprees or AK's for ISIS.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
They're popular in western Canada too. I live in a small city (60k population) and like 5 donair places have sprung up here in the last few years.

Edit: Also, they're delicious. I tried to eat one while driving. My car smelled like donair for many days.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Donair places are like pho joints, the dirtier and greasier the place is, the better.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
My donair has lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, turnip, banana peppers, parsley, sweet sauce, garlic sauce, and Sriracha on it :)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

That looks delicious, but I'd only eat it if the profits were guaranteed not fund Islamic raping sprees or AK's for ISIS.

In life, there are no guarantees

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
My tummy hurts.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

That bread looks thin as poo poo. Shameful.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It's true, that's what makes a donair different from a doner kebab or gyro

No that's some vile myth that apparently Canadians have bought into

I guarantee you no one in Turkey puts loving sweetened condensed milk on a doner

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Thats a burrito :confused:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

I guarantee you no one in Turkey puts loving sweetened condensed milk on a doner

I bet if they sold Canadian donairs there they would, because that's what makes a donair different from a doner.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Im thinking this is a simple misunderstanding based on spelling, such as with the "n" word

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Doner kebab and gyros own. Never had a donair but I'm sure I would enjoy it because I love shoveling food I've never tried before into my mouth.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

This is like being the kind of guy who gets upset that people enjoy another Canadian food, California rolls, just because Japanese people don't eat them.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You think anyone ever hosed a donair :grin:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Nooner posted:

I find it really, really difficult to be nice to you.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nooner posted:

What is that smell?!?!

It smells like...

It smells like someone poo poo their pants!! :monocle:

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
If you're eating a kebab and you're not drunk enough to just barely have been able to order the thing in the first place you're doing it wrong

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I had a pretty ok kebab in Budapest once, and I'm looking forward to trying the kebabs in Berlin. I'm also looking forward to the Folsom Europe street fair (I'll be the guy wearing leather)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

This is like being the kind of guy who gets upset that people enjoy another Canadian food, California rolls, just because Japanese people don't eat them.

Fyi the reason I'm opposed to sweetened condensed milk served on hot meat is because it's absolutely repulsive

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Keg posted:

I had a pretty ok kebab in Budapest once, and I'm looking forward to trying the kebabs in Berlin. I'm also looking forward to the Folsom Europe street fair (I'll be the guy wearing leather)

I'm looking forward to hearing of your death at the hand of angry European muslims your safe travels. :greenangel:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

Fyi the reason I'm opposed to sweetened condensed milk served on hot meat is because it's absolutely repulsive

I think sauces taste different than their individual parts. For example, beouf bourguignon doesn't taste like grapes.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also fyi Keg they do eat California rolls in Japan. Because they're not inherently repulsive.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
They put donair sauce on pizza here sometimes.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Keg posted:

They put donair sauce on pizza here sometimes.

Pizza toppings have become ridiculous. I've seen ranch dressing listed as a pizza topping, ffs.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I've lost so much respect for Canada this fine day

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
tzatziki supremacy

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I've never had a donair, but I've had a donut and an eclair, so ...

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
Tzatziki onions and tomato are the way to go. I can't deal with the sweet sauce.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a hole-y ghost posted:

Im thinking this is a simple misunderstanding based on spelling, such as with the "n" word

Donair please

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sheep-Goats posted:

I've lost so much respect for Canada this fine day

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Nooner posted:

most definitely

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Shawarma sometimes comes with pickled beets and as repulsive as that sounds it is actually perfect.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
oh I've also had donair in south Korea.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Roger Craig posted:

Doner kebabs fuckin rule, yeah mate

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nathilus posted:

Shawarma sometimes comes with pickled beets and as repulsive as that sounds it is actually perfect.

pickled beets more like TASTES LIKE FEETS!!!!!!!!!!! :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

Donair please
:confused: you can't order a donair from me, I don't know how to make them

• Locked thread