Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
we used to call em 'hairy arm' cause the lebo fuckers were always hairy as gently caress man lol

now in retrospect that was highly racist and offensive and i'm ashamed of my gay actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

we used to call em 'hairy arm' cause the lebo fuckers were always hairy as gently caress man lol

now in retrospect that was highly racist and offensive and i'm ashamed of my gay actions
I don't think discrimination against lesbians is considered racism.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
man I dunno what they did in their free time I just ate the fried meats and it was GOOD

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Hairy arm is fine but I think lebo fuckers is possibly slightly problematic

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
you're being ableist considering you don't know who they gently caress

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Doner rules. Then I lived in the Netherlands for a while and the crazy Dutch made this stuff called Kapsalon out of their gyros/doner. It's amazing.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
i live right by http://www.h67donair.com/ and the donairs are good and the donair pizza is ok, but i wish they were open late so i could get drunk donairs at night instead of just for day drunk lunch

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So what happens with those vertical meat spits at night? It seems like more meat than they would use in a day.

Do they just throw a tarp over it, and then clean the cobwebs off the meat in the morning?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Those spit things must already be mass graveyards of toasted insect carcasses, why get a good tarp dirty?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There are only five kebab-pizzerias down the street I live in the kebab scarcity part of town.

e: If you count the ones at the other end of the street, eight.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
i donut think i have op :xd:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nooner posted:

You think anyone ever hosed a donair :grin:

Well what else would sperm donair mean?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
i can't find anywhere in Denver that sells kebab but im probably just not looking hard enough

that's a problem because now i really want some goddamn kebab

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Do all Donair places constantly have teenagers straight out of Saved By The Bell dancing outside eating Pizza like the King of Donair in Trailer Park Boys?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

the lebanese are by a wide margin the most socially, politically, and economically successful immigrant community in my province and have contributed far more to this stupid and gay culture than anyone else. not even close whoever is second? the irish? im afraid not, motherfucker

I think I'm the only Nova-Scotian that hates donairs. I even worked at a place that sold them and all the Lebanese people kept trying to get me to enjoy them.

I didn't :reject:

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
It's Döner, jesus christ. Now im gonna grab me some humburlers

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Keg posted:

A donair is only a donair if it has sweet sauce (sweetened condensed milk, vinegar, garlic powder) on it. Otherwise it's a doner kebab or a shawarma or a gyro.

Donairs are popular everywhere in Canada with different toppings (cheese, pickled turnips, lettuce, parsley, olives, banana peppers, etc), but they first were made by a dude in Halifax, so a Halifax donair has just tomatoes, onions, and donair sauce on it.

I hope you enjoyed learning about donairs :)

I did enjoy learning about donairs.

What kind of cheese is best btw.

Also picked turnips? Wtf

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mariana Horchata posted:

does anybody not?

I'm impartial to them.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Helical Nightmares posted:

I did enjoy learning about donairs.

What kind of cheese is best btw.

Also picked turnips? Wtf

pickled turnips are a middle eastern thing they are cool

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

shelley posted:

i can't find anywhere in Denver that sells kebab but im probably just not looking hard enough

that's a problem because now i really want some goddamn kebab

Just get a gyro or shawarma then. They are basically the same thing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nathilus posted:

gyro is probably the best of the bunch because tzatziki is better suited to lumps of greasy meat than tahini or other super fatty sauces

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
No but I have had shwarma, I love Israeli food.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The owner of the grill in the park across the street kept pushing DSADSIGI DSADSIGI as a condiment whenever I bought some sausage fries so one time I said OK and it was OK I guess but I bet it would've been more suited to something spicier.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nathilus posted:

If by basically you mean literally.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they call it a donor because the meat is donated from sleepy rats

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Often I reminisce about Kristal Kebab's roll kebabs in the late naughties. We weighed one on the precision scale at work and it was over 1.5 kg. :swoon: / :rip:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

As you know the best Donair/Döner/Doner/Whatever can be had in Berlin.

This is because to have the perfect Kebap, you need perfect meat (99% of all Doners in the world are horrible) and perfect additions.

Berlin has several Döner places which are famous, for example Mustafa. What's different there is that they add grilled vegetables, nice cheese and good sauces. The meat varies.
I see many tourists buying "regular" Döners in Berlin, which is really a shame. If the meat doesn't look like it was "self-stacked" etc, it's usually not as good.
I mean the Döner is still okay and the tourists are regularly amazed by it, but do yourself a favour and do some research.

Then again I weep when I eat the Kebaps they have outside of Berlin, like Paris or London. Disgusting stuff.

ANYWAY
So that being said I will now reveal to you the ultimate secret for getting the best Döner Kebap Berlin style in the world.
You will need: One Turkish speaking person.
You go to Kreuzberg and you go to the original Hazir restaurant (not the big one next to it).
http://hasir.de/index.php?id=24
Then you order a Döner Kebap in bread (Berlin style), but you have to do it in Turkish (trust me here). This step is important, because otherwise you don't get the right proportions or product.
Then, you say that you do NOT want the sauce, but you want Olive Oil and citrus juice and the herbs and stuff. Abi will understand you know what's up. The meat you will now get is actual, loving A-grade stuff they sell next door at the luxury restaurant, which just happens to be one of the best Döner (Turkish style) meat in the world.

Congrats, you have just had the best Kebap/Döner/Donair/Fastfood that is available in the world currently.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keg posted:

A donair is only a donair if it has sweet sauce (sweetened condensed milk, vinegar, garlic powder) on it. Otherwise it's a doner kebab or a shawarma or a gyro.

Donairs are popular everywhere in Canada with different toppings (cheese, pickled turnips, lettuce, parsley, olives, banana peppers, etc), but they first were made by a dude in Halifax, so a Halifax donair has just tomatoes, onions, and donair sauce on it.

I hope you enjoyed learning about donairs :)

Thanks for this
My donair place does them Halifax style which I thought was a way of preparing the meat but ordering it with "the works" means onions and tomatoes
Just perfect

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The first I ever heard of kebab was in our 7th grade German book.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

thats not a donair thatss a shawarma

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

um no

lol

not even close

like what?>

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
heres a pic of my fave place to get a gyro in toronto, it's technically like a shwarma with greek toppings but its delicious

unfprtiunately it looks likke this inside, fuicking hipsters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Walrus posted:

um no

lol

not even close

like what?>

You're a loving racist.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Jerry Cotton posted:

The sauces and toppings are somewhat different.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

You're a loving racist.

i live in canada im post race. jeez

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nathilus posted:

The sauces and toppings are somewhat different.

Oh sure but they also vary within countries just as much as between countries.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Walrus posted:

i live in canada im post race. jeez

Post native Americans you mean :smugbert:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Post native Americans you mean :smugbert:

no we still have them we just ignore their signficant endemic cultural issues thats why we're post race. its very progressive.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Walrus posted:

no we still have them we just ignore their signficant endemic cultural issues thats why we're post race. its very progressive.

If they had delicious kebabs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Have I ever eaten one? Bitch please I'm the fresh prince of donair

In west Ankara born and raised
Dodging the imams was how I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some Kurds outside of the school