Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I really like the idea of naming the manor Darkplace

And to continue the theme, I'd like to put forth a Vestal, Highwayman, or Arbalest named Lucien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm ecstatic that Darkplace won, but please be sure to write it as one word. Only that spelling is smooth, like ice.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

R.I.P. Lucien Sanchez

"Are you all right?"
"Not really."

Edit: Lucien's last moments before the heart attack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9huoY2dMg

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 15, 2016

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

Today it was 40% off for Halloween and I snatched it right up.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this to go on sale.

Now to start the Lucien Memorial run.

(Everyone dies, necessitating a dozen more memorial runs)

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Been having a blast with this game since I got it. Mostly bump free, since your LP helps with preparing for the expected. The unexpected, however... week three resulted in two deaths at the hands of the Collector. And just now I got a total party wipe halfway through what was going to be an easy low level dark run with an Antiquarian, but it got interrupted by another collector fight. Just didn't have power to outdamage him since I was going for that "get a certain amount of gold in one run" chievo. Consolation prize? I got the party wipe achievement. (But I didn''t realize wiping out lost all your relics, too. So-long, Dismas head! Back to the collector you go.)

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Iron Swan is my bread and butter. It just feels so good to do a full strength rear-row hit sometimes.

Nalesh posted:

A good thing to remember when first starting out is that retreating to save items is okay :v:

Yeah, I know. I was just egged on by the knowledge that there was a party wipe chievo and all my characters were at resolve level 1 or 0. I just wish I knew that the only way to retrieve those trinkets was by having at least one party member living. And also that apparently the collector doesn't count as a boss for the OTHER party wipe chievo.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Attestant posted:

I used to kinda scoff at Highwang's distaste of the Occultist as a healer. Until I just lost my great Abomination to his stupid heal. Abomination was at Death's Door, so I needed one those 30+ health crits. Instead I get served a 0-point heal. That manages to apply bleed. That then promptly procs Deathblow.

Thanks Occultist! :shepface:

Those are the best. Have you checked his grave yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Both by heart attacks, too. You gotta give me more to work with, Highwang, there are only so many Darkplace deaths that I can present as heart attacks.

That said, given the sort of game Darkest Dungeon is, I imagine Sjonkel's "heart attack" may have actually been like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brpUVlXt1f0

• Locked thread