Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Remember The Alamo Manor :911:

As for me, I don't really know the classes, but count me in as either a Deadly Poisonous something (so I guess Plague Doctor) or a Hammy Meat Shield (so I suppose Man-at-arms) ooorrr... Well, if there's some kind of tanky poisoner/debuffer guy/gal that'd be cool.

e: oh, and as for the game, it looks very interesting! Not sure how much I'd play it since I really hate having all my favorite minions die, but I'd definitely consider it as a chance to learn to let go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If we wanted some real grimdark we could go for Wayne Manor (not actually voting for this).

e:

A_Raving_Loon posted:

You are entering their Darkplace.

But I am seconding this!

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 29, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So since people are talking about all the classes that exist, is there one that's a mix between a tank and a DoT/debuff person? Abomination sounds promising.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Houndmaster sounds cool and I'll be happy to serve, but while I like dogs a lot more these days than before, I'm still mostly a cat-dude. So someone more canine-appreciative should get the doggy sidekick.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mzbundifund posted:

Man-at-Arms is definitely the frontline tank controller character. Bellow is an excellent full-party debuff, and he's also the best (and arguably only) tank in the game.

That's cool, it's good to know there's options. :)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How moddable is this game? Would it be possible to do a sort of 4 job fiesta, where you randomly get 4 classes and all your recruits will be of those classes?

(I've been marathoning Loon's Fiesta videos for quite a while now so it's on my mind)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mzbundifund posted:

This game is orders of magnitude more difficult than FFV, and party setups that crush some challenges effortlessly will be suicide against others. I'd imagine the game would also get extremely dull and repetitive with only four classes ever. FFV lets you assign crossclass abilities to your party members, here there's no crossover whatsoever.

I'm not sure whether or not it would be moddable, but it certainly would not be beatable without absurdly (as in, play for years and you'd never see it) good RNG.

Oh, that's too bad. So to play this game I'd have to find the optimal party for each area?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Okay, as long as you don't have to cheese each place to get through it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess once you get to me I'd like to be brown like a fox. I figure most classes in this game have a brown option.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Since no LP is complete without dumb questions, here's one: Is this game a rogue-like? The whole thing screams as such to me, but I thought I heard you guys mention set encounters in the latest video. Could be I just misunderstood what you meant.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Okay, but the first fight against the mushroom people and their mushroomy pets wasn't set to always show up when you first go into that one area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was promised fishy friends :saddowns:

• Locked thread