Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The only acceptable name for our estate is Rainbowburg. :colbert:
And I volounteer as a Hellion, Leper or Plague Doctor, ready to go die and go insane for the cause. In that order. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
2 hitpoints more wouldn't have made a difference, but why did you throw away those two rations in the corridor before the last fight? You can use them from the treasure screen to heal up your adventurers.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Genocyber posted:

There were definitely people complaining purely about the corpses, though. That's why they added the option to turn corpses off (which is really strange considering how much of a core gameplay mechanic it is).
I have to admit being one of those people. Well, sort-of: I never actually wrote about it, just thought at the time that the way they worked was dumb and left it at that.
I have come around to the concept though, since as you said it is very much a core gameplay mechanic.

And from the way his mouse cursor was moving, I get the impression that Highwang is no longer a big of a fan of the negative quirks that cause heroes to auto-loot items. :v:
Playing it about as safe as he is, I never liked those quirks since I want to have full control on what curios get activated and it would prevent what happened during one Cove run that had two Eerie Corals in the same corridor right at the start of the dungeon that were both auto-activated by my one guy that had one of these quirks. :ughh:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Was that foreshadowing early on in the dungeon about getting a positive trait that overrides a really good one intentional, Highwang? :v:
Also Iron Chitlin was right about the shrines and it's something I never noticed before: the candles on it are indeed lit before using the quest item and extinguished afterwards, which is a very small but neat detail.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Highwang posted:

[Hysterical laughter echoes in the distance]
I started a new Radiant game.
This is what happened in the first dungeon.

Red Hook lied, we'll always need food.

Edit: I'm going to guess it's because it's the tutorial dungeon despite having disabled the tutorials, but I was not happy in the slightest.
No, it's not because of the tutorial :sigh:

(same dungeon)

Edit 2:
third in a row

radintorov fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 11, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Highwang posted:

Yeah I can confirm, Radiant mode still has random food procs. Maybe something got fricked in the code?

EDIT: Prices & Stack size has also been retrofitted to Radiant mode. Not game breaking, but somewhat sad.
A comment on the Steam forums claimed it was a change made following feedback from the playerbase.
I really hope it's false and just something that was postponed for technical issues because I am getting tired of games changing things in response to people whose idea of "game design" can be summed up as "make it worse". :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Highwang posted:

I will also be providing a "Side B" version of this vid with actual tips & tricks because I'm fully aware this would become a garbage fire. It's an idea I was goofing around with for a good while though and decided to roll with it.
Thank you, I was going to suggest this if you hadn't already covered it in the post.

• Locked thread