Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Celluloid Sam posted:

id like to put forth a new ongoing saga the saga of the rap guy whose music is bad who is melting down and calling people names and demanding they post their own art since they are mocking his (I'm one of the they )

Reminds me of the Captain Dan pirate rap group that a LOT of people unironically liked but were lame as gently caress. A real dude made a pretty good callout video with the standout line 'Yo ho ho and a bottle of gently caress-you'
Pretty sure Captain Dan had a real embarassing meltdown about it. They also got on TV and were cringe personified.

Another favourite was Liface I think who was so obnoxious the admins somehow made it so that everyone could edit his posts. I think he also got into trouble for his avatar? It was some pretty generic asian man and the dude in the picture somehow found out about it I think. On that note who were the two circlejerking posters who were eventually banned from posting in the same thread together? Inevitably they hosed up in the end. Ikari and psychicattack or was that something else?

edit: dick in erlenmeyer flask

edit2: semen bottle manmilk guy was unfortunately fake. He used to post on another forum I used to visit and he documented the whole thing. Not fake was GECafe but god drat do I wish he was.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I Said No posted:

I recall some dude in the don't eat a carb thread just binging on nothing but meat and cheese constantly and talking about using leftover bacon grease in future meals, then later he posts some numbers from his doctor and one of them was something like wayyyyyy the gently caress out of healthy range and into "holy poo poo you're going to loving die" territory. The chain of screenshots had someone getting probated for telling the guy he should probably stop, too.

I also happened to remember some phrase along the lines of "It's (someone), call the police" earlier too but I don't remember the exact name, only that the dude was a horrifying creep.

That reminds me of the cheese fart monster who had such rank gas that his boss had to talk to him about it and his office all avoided him. Turned out he was a ridiculous cheese fiend and had fridges full of the poo poo and couldn't conceive of eating anything without cheese sauce on it.

His doc told him he was lactose intolerant and he was triumphant because he was under the impression that now his work couldn't fire him or force him to cut down on cheese/take pills to cut down on office Auschwitz since he now had a 'recognised medical condition' and it would be 'against the law'.

I really hope he wasn't fakeposting. IIRC he did provide pictures of his cheese hoard like some kind of greasy dragon.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Latawnya the Naughty Horse

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Was it Jihadbreath who threatened to kill his teacher so some goon called his mom and started the call with "Hello, I'm from the internet"?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

MENSA op still has a place in my heart when it comes to gimmick posters

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Scudworth posted:

When LF was good it was incredible, especially around elections, but other times as well.

Reader's Digest: Humor in Uniform
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2926040

Hitler Auditions
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180161&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

^ front page version: http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/hitler-auditions/1/

gently caress, hitler auditions had me pissing myself back in the day. I'd totally forgotten about that but definitely one of the greats.

edit: oh gently caress I forgot about this line

quote:

there's no business like shoah business

NLJP has a new favorite as of 11:24 on Oct 11, 2016

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

drat, dying in a restricted space being slowly cooked alive is a real hosed up way to go. One text really should be 'I really messed up huh'

Makes me glad to be a shutin nerd with no dangerous hobbies.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

:golfclap:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It's always amazing to me that people take these things seriously enough to take it to doxxing and real life. Just weird. I mean, granted when it really needs to be known i.e a mod is a paedophile then sure but

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

One of my favourite first post shutdowns

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Scudworth posted:

I've only heard of this thread without seeing it, thank you.

It was in some old hidden sub that hadn't been locked (a prior version of BYOB i think?)

Yeah iirc it was a hidden forum that could still be reached by forumid in the URL?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Didn't he get delusional parasitosis from too much meth etc.? That was a sad spiral...

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I think someone once worked out how much jerky he bought off SA mart over like a year and it was an unholy amount.

I mean jerky is great but really now

Also didn't the jerky guy get outed as just selling re-packaged bulk commercial jerky or something?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Didn't we have some goon win real big in poker?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

The passion dust thing reminds me of vajazzling back in the day.

Some good dang posts about that trend too, I think in fyad. I wanna say infrateal had some good ones?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

The hitler actor thread was real good too

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

GameQuoter and Toblerone were the greatest. Nobody will ever do a gimmick as well as them.

Still a fan of Jades Mensa Op, to a slightly lesser extent also Adventures of Jesus.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah the matemwa stuff was 100% pure and good. I still get email updates from them :unsmith:

Also SA raised lots for the Pacific tsunami relief back in the day which, sadly, PayPal hosed us about.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I mean TB hasn't always been right (who has?) but god drat does she get a lot of poo poo for stuff that should be just normal and expected (not that this is a unique problem just for her on These Are Forums) i.e wanting to be treated like an ordinary human being.

But yeah mod self-owns are always good fodder for this thread. gently caress MB and his lovely non-apology.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Oct 13, 2017

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

You really would want extract of that gross stuff bull elephants excrete during musth imo

Edit:

It's called temporin apparently:

quote:

Wild elephants roam the forest and water the trees with their streaming rut fluid. Is it therefore any wonder that the trees in the forest have grown so very tall?

:stare: yeah that's the real poo poo

Edit2: mods 'streaming rut fluid' do the needful etc. etc.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Oct 27, 2017

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It would be pretty funny to see the gbs username illustrator give that a go tbh but I'm sure there's someone more deserving out there

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Christ almighty

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Latawnya the naughty horse

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

TCC is leaking into this thread

hey guys remember when we funded a tiny experimental school in haiti to the tune of like 2x its annual budget

I do, I still get email updates from them :unsmith:

Wanna make that new year's beef and squash soup they talked about.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

i remember when he went into a diving thread to brag about all the cool and exotic dives his hot diving-instructor girlfriend (or as he kept phrasing it, "my girl") took him on, but as he kept talking about it the thread realized to their growing horror that he was loving up his dives so badly it's a wonder he hadn't asphyxiated yet. naturally he threw a tantrum and flounced back out once they started to ask more pointed questions

if his girlfriend really was a professional instructor then i like to believe she was trying to do him in and he was too thick to realize it

This, I would like to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Some frankly incredible poo poo in that thread, holy moly

FrankieSmileShow posted:

To be clear, the gun's being modular and gun fusion was an idea in the game at the start, thats not from me. That was in the original big design, a core idea of the game I think.
The things I "pushed for" that I mentioned above were just specifically the "materials", and the specific way to decide on "gun types" in fusions.
I dont want to make it seem like im taking credit for the general idea of having cool weapon effects combine together.

Bhroom pushed for an equally absurd idea for deciding the gun material result (edit: that chef mentioned above, I just noticed!), that is also currently in the game and working fine as far as I know: that all of the gun materials are actually elements that fit onto a periodic table of elements, with atomic numbers etc (each material having an actual real world element counterpart, and a few materials ARE a real world element like Gold, Iron etc, and those have their proper place on that table) and the fusions result actually use logic inspired of chemistry, based on atom orbitals and whatever, and that this was supposed to be one of the biggest loving secrets of the game, never to be revealed to players whatsoever, something people were supposed to realize only much later after having made charts of how materials seem to relate to one another, with the few real-world element materials being huge hints about it.

Another absurd idea, but this one I dont remember who came up with it (might be chef, bort or bhroom, or might have come from a brainstorm of several people) was to have the affixes work from genes, with recessive and dominant genes and whatnot. Again, this is all, as far as I know, in the game and working correctly right now. Like, some of these absurd ideas we actually put together and they worked.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Here is a screenshot of the periodic table of gun materials that Bhroom made.

We came up with most of these materials together, but he figured out how to arrange them, and this all worked, as absurd as it was.
There was another chart where you could select two materials and it showed you the result.
The idea was to have the resulting materials of a fusion seem random to the player at first, but every material combination always having the same result meant people could "map" how the combinations work, and eventually maybe actually realize the full horror of what we made, this table above here.

Some of these gun materials I later worked on to make their shots have more personality, and that was a lot of fun. The Klispin (I think we renamed it Marble?) gun fired spooky ghosts that hunted down enemies and moved through them (basically the wraithverge weapon from Hexen), the pinata gun fired candy, the yggdrasil gun left behind a trail of nature, grass and flowers growing, the crystal gun shots exploded in random shrapnel, while the diamond gun exploded in shrapnel flying in specific angular directions, the fungus gun fired floating spores that spawned mushrooms when it hit the ground, the imaginary guns were all Hoopz just holding nothing in his hands, firing invisible hitscan bullets and making gun sounds with his mouth, and was supposed to be more powerful the more innocent Hoopz was (basically the less time passed I think the stronger it would get? Im not sure we ever implemented that idea though!).

NLJP has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Jun 6, 2019