Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

the great deceiver posted:

yeah his username was bomber158 or something. he murdered his ex and her new bf at a party and was sending her family insane birthday cards from prison

theres a pretty decent write up on the whole thing here. poo poo's crazy, and as far as i can tell he's still on death row.

e: yeah, that somehow got me to this page from the florida DoC: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/Detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=423297097

Iron Prince has a new favorite as of 01:59 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Celluloid Sam posted:

no that's it

yesssssssss

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Jastiger posted:

Didn't Lowtax once go give a speech at a college and basically trolled the entire audience, with some people getting up to leave and others actually taking notes and stuff?

I dunno if that counts as a Saga, but it was p good poo poo if I remember. I could be remembering wrong, I forget....is that where "The Internet Makes You Stupid" came from? Like that was the title of his speech?

hell yeah he did and all hour and a half is available for your pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYrz_1hV0OU

Iron Prince has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Jul 30, 2016

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Can't forget about this which is still accurate 10 years later

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

oh look, its the ghosts of human being moderators past, and shine

lolin' @ franco here

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Cowboy Pope posted:

It's not an obvious saga but it's really weird that we've gone from "image macros" to everyone's grandmother having an app to put white, black-bordered Impact over pictures

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

I Said No posted:

also why is this called "happyelf":
:happyelf:

what else would you call it? :confused:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
anyone remember that thread from a few years ago where some goon built a 3D printer back when it was ~BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY~ and looked to SA for ideas of what to print and it ultimately culminated in a barnacle jim dildo

Edit: found it

Iron Prince has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Aug 6, 2016

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
windows 98 walks among us still... We just can't identify what gay nerd to make fun of yet to finally get rid of him

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Say Nothing posted:

'I spent over 9 years of my life on this animation'

he's now claiming to be a vilepilot rereg. this poo poo either legit or a fuckin' masterful troll.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Who What Now posted:

Skullmund was a bad place for bad posters

Skullmund was a pretty good place to post in like the first two or three months it existed and then holy fuckin poo poo it got bad. I can give a pretty decent oral history on this if anyone wants.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it was good out to about 9 months and ok until a year in and then *farts*

this basically. here’s the basics of it.

once the basement crew chat thread started getting shuffled around here, a lot of regular posters and associates migrated offsite to shitpost in an abandoned UK-based fishing message board called Trout and Salmon forums. One of the admins of the site finally woke up and deleted all our posts and permabanned us all, so some server space was found and a domain was purchased and skullmund was made.

it was mostly just intended to be a “posting with your homies” type deal with an anarchic “no mods no masters” mindset. it wasn’t ever intended to be a place for salty banned SA posters to be mad. like SIB said, for the few first months it was pretty great. a lot of artwork, photoshops, videos and even original music were made.

but the no mod policy reached its inevitable conclusion when a small group of posters (including SA fave dad gay so what) went around just posting real toxic poo poo in drat near every thread. racism, misogyny, homophobia. You name it, they’d post it in every thread. since no one would or even could ban them, it eventually drove a vast majority of the users off the site and off onto Twitter and Discord and things like that.

the skullmund site itself was turned over to a mysterious Frisian man, which is why if you go there now the board is mostly just explosions and skulls and pretty much nothing else.

now the real kicker is, most of those incredibly toxic posters from earlier went and founded a Skullmund offsite after everyone fled.

if you really hate yourself and want to see what that’s like (warning probably NWS/NMS) they’ve congealed over at scarboil dot com.

tl;dr: skullmund was basically some kind of experimental anarchoposting collective ruined by insider threats

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In short, a study on why 'no mods no masters' is a dumb ideal

we can abolish mods in our lifetime :justpost:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

The probation was for mod sass which is one of the stupidest and most cop-like rules here. Mods and admins and cops should never ever have final ultimate authority.

gently caress the mods

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Sleeveless posted:

The "more words = better" style of profanity-laced hyperbole was the loving pits and SA created so much of it.

gently caress this

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

FuturePastNow posted:

He also likes posting awful Star Trek Online fanfic (and ruminations on the breast sizes of his MMO characters), but that's leading us outside of the SA portion of his saga.

Wasn’t there another poster who had an apocalypse level meltdown because they changed the attack animations in the Star Wars MMO and he couldn’t see his characters butt as clearly anymore? That poo poo was wild.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
all this talk about abe and no one posted the thread where g0m mercilessly owned him for 30 days straight

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

well yeah it had abe

lol