Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

gently caress da Mods posted:

change starts at home

change starts at home

I wish this was actually true for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Eh, when the human race is gonna be extinct within a hundred years anyway why bother? It's not like we have to worry about what people are gonna think of us in the year 3000.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

emoji posted:

They just put them in the landfill then. Do you know how magnets work?

Most cans are made from steel. But appearently that is a local thing. There is still just no place to bring aluminium cans if you want to recycle them. So yeah 99% ends up in the landfill. E: Now appearently the garbage processing companies claim they reclaim it out of the ashes after incineration (my guess: Landfill).

NihilismNow fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 29, 2016

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Shaquin posted:

hey a why dont you compost this thread

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Paper is, like, actually renewable.

Also you're a human being

:gas:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lotta "f" bombs (gay one) being thrown around itt, i foresee some probations a-comin this way. I think I'll just see myself out of this thread!!

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Geirskogul posted:

Paper is, like, actually renewable.

Also you're a human being

:gas:

its about being sustainable man

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

NihilismNow posted:

Most cans are made from steel.
Wrong.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

this is canon

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thx gonna post this basically everywhere until i die. also on park benches

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

change starts at home

You and ten million of your closest friends could go carbon neutral and it wouldn't change a thing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I exclusively use paper plates but the real cheap ones so I have to use 14 at a time to keep the food from soaking through.

I also pour my used motor oil down storm drains.

And I like to fish, but only for sport, fish meat is practically a vegetable. But I don't want anyone else to catch MY fish so I don't throw them back in the lake, I just throw them on the bank and watch them flop around and die.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

NihilismNow posted:

Most cans are made from steel. But appearently that is a local thing. There is still just no place to bring aluminium cans if you want to recycle them. So yeah 99% ends up in the landfill. E: Now appearently the garbage processing companies claim they reclaim it out of the ashes after incineration (my guess: Landfill).

lol where do you live that most cans are made of steel and they don't have recycling centers that accept aluminum?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

GORDON posted:

You and ten million of your closest friends could go carbon neutral and it wouldn't change a thing.

why do you want to be part of the problem

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Whenever someone tells me they have paint or car batteries to disclose of and they don't know how, I tell them just come over to my house because there's a dumpster in the alley that no one watches just chuck it in there. I always figure if I kill someone I'm just gonna stuff the body in there too.

The_end
May 17, 2014
Instead of paying someone to get rid of old paint, burn it.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's the carbon footprint of everything you listed op

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

why do you want to be part of the problem

There is no problem, only reality, and if you accepted it you might be less depressed.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
cool list op are you going to tell us WHY the list is bad or is it not your job to educate us??

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

GORDON posted:

There is no problem, only reality, and if you accepted it you might be less depressed.

Wow, this is like something you'd find inside a fortune cookie

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

I recycle + compost.

It loving pisses me off i have company over and they throw cans in the loving trash...are u loving kiddin me man???

:argh:

Kill all your friends then yourself.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

Wow, this is like something you'd find inside a fortune cookie

I wrote fortune cookie fortunes for like 5 months.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

GORDON posted:

"please send help trapped in the fortune cookie factory"

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

GORDON posted:

can we get some samples of your best wsork?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

can we get some samples of your best wsork?

I signed a non-disclosure agreement.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

there are no bad fortunes, only good ones

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

there are no bad fortunes, only good ones

incidentally this is also how i feel about plastics

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The teenaged girl watching over the automatic checkout rolled her eyes when I couldn't find the barcode on a roast chicken so now I'm actively trying to ruin her future not recycling and leaving lights on even when it's perfectly bright without them. Right now I could put some pants and a jumper on, but gently caress you bitch, it's element heater and underwear.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The teenaged girl watching over the automatic checkout rolled her eyes when I couldn't find the barcode on a roast chicken so now I'm actively trying to ruin her future not recycling and leaving lights on even when it's perfectly bright without them. Right now I could put some pants and a jumper on, but gently caress you bitch, it's element heater and underwear.

why not ruin her future in a more conventional manner, say, by trying to court her?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The Bananana posted:

why not ruin her future in a more conventional manner, say, by trying to court her?

And teach her what kind of man to avoid later in life? Yeah loving right.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dishwasher soap is more dangerous to environment than paper plates hth

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Also, I bring my own loving bags to the market

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Also, I bring my own loving bags to the market

What do you do with them when they break? I bet you throw them out you goddamn hypocrite. Where do you think they end up? Reusable shopping bag heaven, where everything is carbon neutral? No they end up in the dump, same as everything else. And don't bother trying to recycle them. They break the machines, unlike the disposable bags.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I used a canvass bag. Or I did until that punk gave me the stinkeye.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

bleep.bloop posted:

What do you do with them when they break? I bet you throw them out you goddamn hypocrite. Where do you think they end up? Reusable shopping bag heaven, where everything is carbon neutral? No they end up in the dump, same as everything else. And don't bother trying to recycle them. They break the machines, unlike the disposable bags.

i use special mesh bags and canvas

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

do you poop in a compost

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
try recycling my farts into your mouth op

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Do you turn off your computer between posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's hilarious that like 10 ocean cargo ships release as much sulfer into the air as every car in America, but they've actually got people thinking they can make a difference. They do all the damage and make morons feel all the guilt. It's genius, really.

• Locked thread