Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Just tell them that it would be showing white privilege and enforcing stereotypes if you tipped well, or even at all, so in solidarity with black lives matter you can't tip as long as white cops murder innocent black men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Inshallah

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

pretend I posted the "that's bait" mad max gif

Postcount
Sep 10, 2002

I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
I embrace my privilege.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Best part of traveling outside the US is not having to tip.

The US sucks.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Suck my dick you fuckman

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Captain Yossarian posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

whip it out and show it to me

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Tip thread! :a2m:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
bad bait thread, bad op
:gas:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

shoophobo posted:

bad bait thread, bad op

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

shoophobo posted:

bad bait thread, bad op

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

How else are we gonna get wreaths at Christmas?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

shoophobo posted:

bad bait thread, bad op

Everyone who posts on sa is old as gently caress if they're working a job where they are paid tips then they're big enough losers to be working on a friday night instead of doing cool things like posting on the internet. This can not possibly be bait.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

4outof5 posted:

Everyone who posts on sa is old as gently caress if they're working a job where they are paid tips then they're big enough losers to be working on a friday night instead of doing cool things like posting on the internet. This can not possibly be bait.

you suck lol

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

Celluloid Sam posted:

you suck lol

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
nah op I tip a lot because gently caress some of the bartenders at my club have been there the ten years I've been a member, they probably need it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Celluloid Sam posted:

you suck lol

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
paying anything you don't have to is for suckers

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mdm posted:

paying anything you don't have to is for suckers

its a dicksuckers party

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I tip like 2% or so. I feel that's plenty

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

vyst posted:

I tip like 2% or so. I feel that's plenty

for a $10 dinner, you leave a 20¢ tip?

edit to add: that seems like too much

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I round up to the nearest dollar for the most part. Maybe throw in some loose change if its within reach.

I know how tough their job is

not at all

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Celluloid Sam posted:

its a dicksuckers party

huh that's a new one I've heard for Jews

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Bananana posted:

for a $10 dinner, you leave a 20¢ tip?

edit to add: that seems like too much

I have a good job, I can afford the 2%

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~
The only people you should realistically tip are pizza delivery drivers because they'll come back later and kill you

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.

Seriously. Their job is quite literally one of the easiest on the planet that pretty much anyone can do adequately. It should be paid accordingly. Minimum wage from their employer and not my pocket.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

really, any place on the internet that devolves into "tipping vs. no tipping" needs to have the bit from the beginning of reservoir dogs quoted in it before it's closed. thanks for doing your part

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
You're a loving sucker if you don't tip. gently caress you.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i have to clock in in 30 minutes, hope i make some good tips tonight lol

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Crow_Rodeo posted:

your life is so hard

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
I tip because I'm not a poor or edgy.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This is why I don't tip at, say a place where theres no real waitstaff. like, you go to the counter, place your order, and you have to come pick it up. yet they still hand you a receipt with a tip line on it. no. I aint gonna-- you cant levy my social anxiety agains-- I WONT.. I'M HYPERVENTILLATING!!!!! Jesus, fine! heres 15%

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
or just stroll back into the kitchen, grab your own plate, bus your own table, and give yourself some money. :smuggo:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also I laugh at the "they'll spit in your food next time" gambit.

If you are ordering pizza or eating at a place often enough that they remember you then you are a fat piece of poo poo who wouldn't care about a little spit anyway.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Get an adult job that doesn't require tips to survive

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
also I resent the OP for assuming only black people can make the correct decision in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I make all my decisions based off of characters Steve Buscemi has or will play in movies

• Locked thread