Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

LISTEN TO THE CROWD ROAR IN ADMIRATION!
It has alcohol in it. If you're unhappy just drink more of it fuckboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Nah, Space Dust is the best IPA out there.

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

LISTEN TO THE CROWD ROAR IN ADMIRATION!
Like seriously if you're complaining about something with alcohol in it then you might as well just end it. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Allah akbar and poo poo.

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
IPAs are pretty good man sorry

Stouts and porters are better if that helps

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
there are some really nice ipas around they just don't have so many hops it tastes like swilling perfume

the answer as usual is that hipsters and Americans and hipster Americans are terrible and awful and bad at making beer

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

the great deceiver posted:

ipas have been out for a while get with the program and pop open a coriander gose grandpa

Yeah, but when hipsters have a massive wank over them, they take up half of the taps at the boozer.
The other half are ciders

:suicide:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

The Biscuit posted:

Yeah, but when hipsters have a massive wank over them, they take up half of the taps at the boozer.
The other half are ciders

:suicide:

my restaurant always has one trendy cider on tap for the gluten free hipsters and its all stupid bullshit like wild pacific northwest elderberry cider or some other retard drink

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

im drankin on a 21st amendment toaster pastry right now

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I like IPAs because they make me more trendy, so I don't look like some casual poo poo who only drinks lagers and ales, and the only time I've ever gone out of my comfort zone was cider.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

IPAs are ridiculously over-represented, to be sure.

it's like the bit in the movie Sideways about Merlots, but then everyone who was drinking wine was like, "yeah, i'll drink what that horrible character in that wine-based movie drank" and suddenly Pinot Noir was popular

but then again, i base what beers i get on two things - cool name and ABV.

i'm an idiot, basically.

DiCe69
Dec 21, 2014
the gently caress is an ipa? im an idiot retard

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
anyone wanna grab an ipa?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

DiCe69 posted:

the gently caress is an ipa? im an idiot retard

India
Pale
Ale

or

Idiot
Punished
rear end

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

*sips beer with so much hops in it that I break out in hives

ah yes this is the flavor I need and deserve

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

kecske posted:

*sips beer with so much hops in it that I break out in hives

ah yes this is the flavor I need and deserve

*choking on hops, barely tasting anything*

ah yes. this... this is the exact opposite of refreshment.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i am a something awful forums poster my tastebuds literally cannot handle anything more bitter than mountain dew code red lol

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

is it a coincidence that ipas got popular about the same time that idiot shitfucker millennials living with their parents after college became popular? No

try some bocks or better yet some belgian strong ales

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Wheat beer is the only variety I have any issue with but I've only tried it once.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Farg posted:

LA FIN DE MONDE

Yes.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Enjoyed a couple nice beers from Russian River this evening. Pliny The Elder IPA and a Temptation Sour. They were cool and good.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

jackyl posted:

is it a coincidence that ipas got popular about the same time that idiot shitfucker millennials living with their parents after college became popular? No

IPAs became popular around the same time as people realized there was no future so you might as well get drunk in style, yes

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

beer is good but not all beer is good like say an ipa, which is a beer, but not good!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Alcohol is all about pouring the most disgusting liquid in the room into your mouth and pretending you love it to prove how manly you are, OP. So I guess that makes IPA's.... good?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

RedMage129 posted:

Alcohol is all about pouring the most disgusting liquid in the room into your mouth and pretending you love it to prove how manly you are, OP. So I guess that makes IPA's.... good?
:goonsay:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Wheat beer is the only variety I have any issue with but I've only tried it once.

You probably tried a crappy one.

Try New Holland Pilgrim's Dole

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
ipas tend to be higher abv but cost the same as other six packs so that's why i go for them

sierra nevada torpedo is the best

that said there are wayyyyyyyy too many fuckhead breweries out there who think "ipa" means "oh just make it taste loving foul, like biting into a buckeye or licking freshly polished furniture"

there's a difference between bitter and foul and a lot of people don't loving get it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Maybe you're palate is just not sophisticated enough to enjoy the subtle interactions of flavor that hops bring out *shovels handfuls of dry hops directly into mouth*

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
has anyone seen that stella artois commericial showing a fop trying to be all sam adams about beer making like showing him making beer through the ages and it's really well done and very professional

have i mentioned this is a commerical for loving stella artois, a legit nasty loving beer

and ten to one i see way more people buy stella instead of sierra nevada at my store

like heiniken, marketing loving works

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Sour ales are dead already, the new hotness is lagers but they have to gently caress them up in clever hipsterish ways rather than just make a beer that tastes like beer.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
yeah, like putting fruits and poo poo in them. like you're supposed to be checking out the beer at your local super and do a cartoon doubletake and scream A BLUEBERRY PIE LAGER!?!!?!??! and buy twelve of them

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
IPA are great, sorry about your little babby taste buds. the more bitter and citrusy the better imho

if this is going to be a thread to complain about beer I just want to say gently caress "session" beers. i keep seeing stuff that looks interesting and then I pick it up and it's like 4% and I feel like I've been robbed. I bought one of those $20+ Beer Camp 12 packs from Sierra Nevada and two of the flavors were "session", that's four beers out of the 12 pack. Felt like a good friend just stabbed me in the back

also herbs and spices and crap like that does not belong in beer. i'm drinking this poo poo not marinating chicken in it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
IPAs? More like "I passé." If you're a real beer connoisseur you're just pouring live fire ants into your mouth now. Enjoy your plebian "beer" that doesn't taste like pure burning pain.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What if we just took an IV of morphine instead of drinking bitter beer, or any beer for that matter?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

I AM THE TOILET posted:

like heiniken, marketing loving works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Myron Baloney posted:

Sour ales are dead already, the new hotness is lagers but they have to gently caress them up in clever hipsterish ways rather than just make a beer that tastes like beer.

Sours were doomed to fail because they all were like 3% and cost a million dollars. Nobody's having a crazy night drinking sours

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

actually im pretty sure millennials are responsible for all the alcoholic soda that's now being sold near the beer

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

The Goatfather posted:

actually im pretty sure millennials are responsible for all the alcoholic soda that's now being sold near the beer

i bought a can of the orange soda with alcohol and not gonna lie, it was OK tasting. about as good as any orange soda but enhanced with alcohol

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The hard root beer has more abv than session beers

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The Goatfather posted:

"Soft" alcoholic beverages have been around for a long time. In the 80s there were wine coolers. In the 90s there was alcopop like Zima and Mike's Hard Lemonade. It's all sugary crap that only teenagers drink because their parents buy some to try, gag after one sip and when it disappears from the back of the fridge a month later it's just assumed that somebody threw it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

gigawhite posted:

Sours were doomed to fail because they all were like 3% and cost a million dollars. Nobody's having a crazy night drinking sours

you just aren't dedicated enough if you can't get rowdy drinkin the sours

• Locked thread