Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I hope we have a lot of people ready to spend $$$ this year because with 10 teams there Re on a be a lot of options!

Maybe we add an extra bench or 2 since we dropped down in teams? Should increase cheating opportunities!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

I hope we have a lot of people ready to spend $$$ this year because with 10 teams there Re on a be a lot of options!

Maybe we add an extra bench or 2 since we dropped down in teams? Should increase cheating opportunities!

I was thinking of making it 2QB. :getin:

But I only have 12 minutes to make such a decision so I think I'll keep it as-is.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Given bye weeks with more than 2 teams out - with 10 players some people just won't have someone to start. And a low QB bench means not a lot of cheating opportunities.

I figure a few benches don't need any real extra prep for a last minute change - but starting lineup could change what people have prepped. Not all of us have a fancy system to spit out projections in 2 minutes for any setup like you do ;)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm going to keep it as is for now. If it turns out to be a problem then you can yell at me next year.

And hey, it takes more than two minutes to spit out a projection. After all I have to manually highlight players. :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft room is up! GET EXCITED!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Was it good for you?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I completely forgot the cheating component and went on tilt without backups at QB and IDP

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Yeah, that is what I was referring to when I said I hosed the draft up. Thanks for your answers to my weird Egyptian question. I find the differences in responses from different demographics fascinating.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I needed to set myself up for better cheating as well. Still, with 10 teams there should be hope for us all.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Tried to set myself up for a bit of cheating - but man I really wish I had a few more bench spots to use for it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm sorry guys. Played an intense flag football game and forgot. However, auto-draft was kind on me this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: HOLY poo poo IT'S FOOTBAWL! :siren:

Couple things:

A) Please let me know what charity you're playing for.

B) We've already raised $2419 for charity, which is pretty awesome!

C) Rather than scour through the charity logs this year I'm going to work on the honor system and please tell me here when you've made a donation. That way it's easier to keep track of things.

D) Don't forget to cheat!

I bid $100 (10 Points) this week!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Pre bid a hunnit (10 pts)

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:siren: HOLY poo poo IT'S FOOTBAWL! :siren:

Couple things:

A) Please let me know what charity you're playing for.

B) We've already raised $2419 for charity, which is pretty awesome!

C) Rather than scour through the charity logs this year I'm going to work on the honor system and please tell me here when you've made a donation. That way it's easier to keep track of things.

D) Don't forget to cheat!

I bid $100 (10 Points) this week!

Is there a list of charities we can choose from or any kind of limitation?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

internet inc posted:

Is there a list of charities we can choose from or any kind of limitation?

No limitation whatsoever. I make the donation myself so I just need a POC. I would prefer it not be something I would regret getting mail for the rest of my life, so if you could avoid NAMBLA that would be nice.

I recommend Charity Navigator if you want a suggestion.

This year I will be competing for FIRST Robotics Competition Team 3650. FRC is a STEM outreach effort that does an amazing job of inspiring kids into technical careers.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mine is Harper College speech team. Same as when I won two years ago.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: Please tell me how much you've donated so I can fix up the FAAB. :siren:

Cheating for the week!

Jeremy Hill (9.1) to Danny Woodhead (20.5) = 11.4
Allen Robinson (10.2) to Amari Cooper (18.7) = 8.5
TY Hilton (10.9) to Isaiah Crowell (16.3) = 5.4

Total: 25.3, $253

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I thought I had thrown in $25 a long time ago but now I'm not so sure. Do you have anything on file for me?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I donated $50, I can find the date/receipt if needed. That puts me at $750 FAAB if I understand this correctly, and I'll be cheating tomorrow, because my bench made a bunch of points. Still thinking on my charity as well.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Weekly cheating

Todd Gurley (4.7) to DeAngelo Williams (33.6) = 28.9 difference
Eric Decker (12.2) to Kelvin Benjamin (18.1) = 5.9 difference

34.8 total points, so $348 from my $750 balance

I need to get better at setting my lineups, or this is going to get expensive.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Honestly I don't need receipts, I'm cool with people just telling me what they donated.

Ninja Bob posted:

I donated $50, I can find the date/receipt if needed. That puts me at $750 FAAB if I understand this correctly, and I'll be cheating tomorrow, because my bench made a bunch of points. Still thinking on my charity as well.

That's exactly how it works.

Spoeank posted:

I thought I had thrown in $25 a long time ago but now I'm not so sure. Do you have anything on file for me?

Sounds good for me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Can i take my charity from last year? The name slips my brain, but I did a lot of reading to decide it last year!

I haven't donated anything yet, but I will in the next week.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
http://www.charitywater.org/about/ Will be my charity for this year.

Pre-betting $10 for the week.

Going to donate $200 as well. $100 of it is through now and a friend is going to be adding $100 later today. I'll update once I confirm their donation is through.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Can i take my charity from last year? The name slips my brain, but I did a lot of reading to decide it last year!

I haven't donated anything yet, but I will in the next week.

Yeah that's fine.

89 posted:

I change my charity to Soul Food Cafe in Conway, Arkansas where I live. There's a good chunk of religious stuff involved, but they do really great work. Feed the hungry and even do haircuts and put a lot of work into getting people back on their feets again. Lots of positive energy and I want to directly take my winnings, when I dominate this league and win it ;), to somewhere that is directly translated to good stuff.

http://soulfoodcafemission.org/

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Cheating for the week
Theo Riddick (25.3) minus Keenan Allen (9.3) = 16

Total 16, $160

Also, I just added my funds now. $50.00. Sorry for the delay, I am a slacker.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Bidding 10 points this week.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'll be competing on behalf of the Downtown Women's Center which provides services to homeless women in Downtown Los Angeles's Skid Row. I've raised $25 which came in yesterday (in a post targeted to me) so my FAAB beginning Week 2 should work out to $214 after all debits and credits are applied.

My cheats will be as follows:

J.J. Watt (1) to Robert Quinn (3) = 2
Ryan Mathews (13.7) to Dwayne Allen (15.3) = 1.6
Ezekiel Elliott (11.7) to Ryan Mathews (13.7) = 2

Total: 5.6, $56

For this week I pre-bid 100 (for 10 pts.)

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
drat - really wish I'd seen Lavonte David was out in time and had Von Miller starting. A 26 point swing that I won't need, but would be nice to have for tiebreakers!

e: make that 33.5! drat

Aredna fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 19, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My team is trash. That's what I get for missing the draft :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

89 posted:

My team is trash. That's what I get for missing the draft :(

It could be worse! My team is trash and I was there!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

It could be worse! My team is trash and I was there!

Your team is fine. My team was just fired up from its loss in the finals last year. We had this circled on our calendars.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Tossed $50 your way to be equally split between my wife and I.

I'll be playing for the Cure Alzheimer's Fund and she'll be playing for the Give Kids The World charity.

:getin:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Another $50 in the can for Pozzo Jello Crusade courtesy of Thomas G.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, theoretically everybody has had the funds that they have donated added to their FAAB. I'll deal with expenditures in a bit.

Adding your team name to your posts is immensely helpful.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cheating This Week:

Danny Woodhead (RIP, 3.6) -> Isaiah Crowell (21.6) = $180
Danny Trevathan (6) -> K.J. Wright (14.5) = $85
AJ Green (4.8) -> Amari Cooper (9.6) = $48

Total: $313 / 31.3 Points

EDIT: Isaiah Crowell only has 21.3 so the total is $310 for 31 points.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 25, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I still show as being 1-1, when I cheated my way to victory. I'm still Teachin' Kids to Fail at Life

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I don't think he's done the cheating yet, just added the FAAB. I too cheated my way to success in week 1.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I haven't done any cheating. Later this week.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Guess I have to spend the dough:

Doug Baldwin (3.5) to Tyrell Williams (13.6) = 10.1
Jabaal Sheard (1.5) to Lawrence Timmons (10) = 8.5
Arian Foster (0.9) to Frank Gore (13.8) = 12.9

Total: 31.5, $315

More than 40bux is an expensive rear end week but they say if you meet God on the street try to beat his score or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
10 points.

• Locked thread