Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayeka
May 28, 2016

Konnichiwa!

I've been thinking about taking up smoking. People tugging on a cigarette just look so cool! Unfortunately, I am overwhelmed by the variety of tobacco products...:(

Is there a good brand of cigarette to start with? Should I start with cigarettes? Are cigars a more appropriate introduction?

What about dip or chewing tobacco?

I know some people who really like pipes, but it seems like there is a bunch of maintenance to go with it.

Do tobacco shops still exist!?

Any help would be appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've got something for you to smoke OP. :grin:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Really? What is it?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't be stupid, you moron.

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

a hole-y ghost posted:

Really? What is it?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
One time I went to a concert for the low cash cowboys and elbowed/headbutted my way to the front and they gave me redman chewing tobacco. So I drank like 11 busch light cans and put a golfball sized pinch of this in my mouth and threw up for like 8 hours straight.

Did the exact same thing a year later and threw up for 8 hours.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zeluth posted:

oh, well excuse me :mad:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Ayeka posted:

Konnichiwa!

gargle my rectum

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

Zeluth posted:

no judgments, please

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Cherry Cloves

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

Dave_Indeed posted:

One time I went to a concert for the low cash cowboys and elbowed/headbutted my way to the front and they gave me redman chewing tobacco. So I drank like 11 busch light cans and put a golfball sized pinch of this in my mouth and threw up for like 8 hours straight.

Did the exact same thing a year later and threw up for 8 hours.

this does not seem like it's for beginners

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
cigs fuckin own

e: red man also owns. levi garret owns more.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chinatown posted:

It sounds like nooner... but it doesn't look or smell like nooner

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I enjoy a hand rolled cigar every now and then.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ayeka posted:

this does not seem like it's for beginners

I didn't think the one would amplify the other by ten fold. Awesome way to throw up if that's what you're after though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Bananana posted:

It sounds like nooner... but it doesn't look or smell like nooner

free nooner

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
smoking is bad, op

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chinatown posted:

free nooner

if nooner is banned, then youre doing gods work, friend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
vape everyday

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like to do dip every once in a while. just go slow, don't put too much in or youll get the spins/get sick, and DO NOT SWALLOW ANY OF THE SALIVA. that will make you throw up and can lead to butt cancer on top of the mouth cancere youre already putting yourself at risk of

it's gross as hell so i suggest doing it in privacy

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
we'll see ya next time op

*lights marlboro red*

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

*lights marlboro red*

*flicks lit cig at trail of gas leading to overturned car the OP is trapped in*

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

The Bananana posted:

*flicks lit cig at trail of gas leading to overturned car the OP is trapped in*

modern cigs for the most part will not ignite liquid gasoline though may ignite fumes

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Iron Prince posted:

*lights marlboro red*

I would listen to Iron Prince, his av is smoking what i assume to be a marlboro red

please correct me if i am wrong

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Shaquin posted:

modern cigs for the most part will not ignite liquid gasoline though may ignite fumes

I'll never know for sure, cause I aint about to look back

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Don't start smoking OP. It's a bad idea. Get a vape if you must inhale something.

That said I've heard good things about American spirits. Give those a try, dunno why they don't export to Canada under Canadian spirits but whatever.

Also if you can, export plain, or anything plain because filters are a loving joke.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i actually smoke these irl:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shaquin posted:

good job you freaking buzzkill

Aug 4, 2010

smoke.....WEED

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

smoking is not cool enough to make up for the extreme levels of uncoolness inherent in being an anime poster. i am sorry, op

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I love smoking, it's probably the best thing I've ever done. It keeps me thin and give me that extra boost a homemaker like myself needs sometimes. It also gives me that gravely voice that lends an air of mystery to me.

I'd start with Marlboro Lights. They won't kill your throat but they're not so light that you can't taste them. If the girl behind the counter is young, you might have to ask for "Marlboro Golds", because the government thinks calling a cigarette "light" makes kids smoke more.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

www posted:

smoke.....WEED

:yeah:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i am trying to quit smoking we could trade lungs

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Camel lights and if you live in indian territory there are smoke shops but they are run by india indians not real sure whats up with all that

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650856

Join us.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There used to be this place near me that you would go into with a shoebox and give them $16 and they'd take you to a machine in the back and show you what hole to pour the bag of tobacco into and the buttons to control how tightly packed they were. You left with a shoebox of 200 perfectly packed cigarettes.

Everyone I gave one to couldn't discern it from a Marlboro, and you could buy a plastic case to carry them in. Somehow they got around the taxes by having you pour the tobacco in yourself. That got shut down to quickly. Also you had to catch them as they shot out of the machine one by one. That was a little tedious.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Eww no don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The government knew I was importing smokes. I got letter saying "I'm onto to you and we want our tax." They never followed up and yet it scared me enough to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEcUNm-dJls

• Locked thread