Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Name vote now

Just kidding congrats friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

There's the Bowser of the thread!

Congrats!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

:kimchi:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-chwrbThzw&t=29s

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hooray! Congratulations.

You better name the kid something nerdy!

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
Congrats! X3

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Congratulations!

Stormgear
Feb 12, 2014
Congratulations!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
If a goon can raid while their wife is in labor I don't see why you can't update your LP. :colbert:

Just kidding. Congrats!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mazel tov!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

Hooray! Congratulations!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Congrats Leave!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Congrats! Boy or girl?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Junpei posted:

Congrats! Boy or girl?

Moogle.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Imp

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Malboro

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Queen Asura.

Wait, am I allowed to participate in this...?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

Queen Asura.

Wait, am I allowed to participate in this...?

Some might say you've already participated enough. :heysexy:

Also, congrats, since I missed saying that earlier.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Explosionface posted:

Some might say you've already participated enough. :heysexy:

Also, congrats, since I missed saying that earlier.

Seriously, that's fantastic for you, Leave. Congratulations!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Vietnam rodents!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Bahamut

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Congrats!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Congratulations!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Chaos.

Trust me, I have a lot of experience with kids.

Seriously though congrats, good luck, and I look forward to the next update.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Congrats :)

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Congrats dude.

DayoDayo
Apr 23, 2016

My vote, August! 😀

Congrats on being a great dad and husband already!!

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I say keep the default name for the baby.

Also, congrats

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Baby has kept her default name.

Locke, however, is now known as Nathan.

If you sons of bitches are lucky, maybe you'll see an update tomorrow. Or late tonight; depends on what the Koopaling gets up to.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

If you sons of bitches are lucky, maybe you'll see an update tomorrow. Or late tonight; depends on what the Koopaling gets up to.

This all sounds...most acceptable.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Leavemywife posted:

It's a girl! Yay! Thanks for accidentally telling us!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Leavemywife posted:

I though birth certificate forms came blank though.

Congratulations, Leave.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Congratulations, Leave. :)

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I though birth certificate forms came blank though.

It's just ??????, and that's how it's going to stay.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Personally, I think Leave should have named her _________. Future kids can be named ??????? and Mysterious Girl

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
Congratulations Leave!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Junpei posted:

It's a girl! Yay! Thanks for accidentally telling us!

Oh, right. I follow him on Twitter, so I already knew, as he'd mentioned it was a girl several times before the birthing. :3:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

This thread :kimchi:

Congrats!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Three: The Semantics!

Welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI, Terra tried to escape from the Narshe guards when they discovered that a citizen was harboring her. She ran into the mines and fell through a weak spot, knocking herself unconscious. However, a thief has shown up at the old man's house. Let's roll.

Our thief is named Nathan, after the protagonist of the Uncharted series. I can totally see it.

The old man--Arvis--is right. Indiana Jones was a treasure hunter. You're a thief. :colbert:

Your special in-battle command is Steal! You steal things!

"They tried to tell me to go to rehab, but I said no, no no!"

Good thing you did. I think you're about the only one in town who wouldn't have dragged her through the streets.

Could he mean...!?

It didn't turn out well for the first ones that did. Then again, she had power armor at that time. Power armor changes things up a lot.

...That sounds like a load of horseshit! Three soldiers in Magitek Armor ripped you guys a new rear end in a top hat! And two of those were chucklefucks who only had names so there would be a Star Wars reference!

I'm not sure if I would name my rebel group--alliance, perhaps--the Returners.

In all fairness, Arvis, look at how she came into town. I wouldn't be trusting her, either.

Figaro is a kingdom to the south, so maybe we can get asylum there. If nothing else, the Empire will at least respect that, right?

We fade to black...

...Where Nathan has found Terra's unconscious body.

He doesn't have much time to check out the situation, though.

There's trouble afoot!

Psh, just one guy? Whatever.

We?

:stare:

Nathan isn't really built for tons of combat. Maybe if he had a machine gun...

Or a little help.

Moogles were first introduced in Final Fantasy III, the Japanese version. They have appeared in basically every Final Fantasy title since then, barring 4, whether it was as some sort of small cameo or a playable character. They were supposed to be in the second game, in the snowy areas, but they were eventually turned into the beavers.

They also appeared in some other Square properties, such as Dragon Quest X, Kingdom Hearts and Secret of Mana.

A feature that is going to come around a few different times in this game is the ability to have several teams operating at once, and you'll have to switch between them to accomplish objectives.

Nah, I pretty much covered it right there.

Since we only have Nathan as a playable character right now, so he's joined by three other Moogles, while the other two teams are completely made of Moogles. They're basically placeholders, so we can't screw with their equipment at all, with one exception.

Before we go any further, let's see what Nathan is carrying around.

He's pretty quick and decently strong right now. He only has a Dagger equipped, as well as a Leather Cap and Leather Armor. He's about as basically equipped as Terra.

The Moogles all have much better weaponry than Nathan does, so their Attack power is a hell of a lot better than his.

As for the one special Moogle...

This is Mog, and for some reason, we can get to his equipment screen. How incredibly odd!

Why, yes, I robbed him of his equipment. He'll be fine. Nathan picks up the Mythril Shield, making him a little tougher, and raising his Evasion to 25, so he's dodging a quarter of the physicals coming his way.

Heading out here, it's a little bit of a maze. Enemies will wander around the map and if you touch them, you'll get into a fight.

I switch over to Mog's party. I'm going to use them to take out most of the enemies on screen, and then Nathan's party to take out the boss.

The Silver Lobos only have 27 HP, so a heavy sneeze will kill them and their progeny.

The Megalodoth is a bit tougher, with 115 HP. They have access to a Snowstorm attack, which hits the entire party for about 40 damage and a boosted physical called Bear Claw, which hurts like a mad bastard.

Molulu uses a flail, while Moghan has a sword, and Moguel uses a boomerang.

In a few attacks, this battle is finished without a problem.

After the battle, in addition to some EXP and Gil, we pick up a new dance!

Dances are Mog's domain and have a wide variety of affects. We'll talk more about them later, but for now, just know they're fairly useful and Mog's special ability.

I wonder why a placeholder character has his own special command...

Cave In is one of the few different effects that the Twilight Requiem dance can pull off. What skill is used is randomly chosen, and I always saw Cave In.

It drops a shitload of rocks on an enemy.

It reduces a target's HP to a quarter of its current amount, and also inflicts Sap, which inflicts damage every 8.5 seconds, up to a maximum of 255.

I thought I'd have more to talk about here, but since Mog didn't show off any other funky-fresh dance moves, we'll just skip over to the boss.

:ducksiren:You can click here to see a boss fight video!:ducksiren:

If you don't want to click that, then read along! Or do both; I'm not worried about it.

The Silver Lobos are here to stretch the fight out another ten seconds or so. The Guard Leader is the big cheese here.

The Leader has a piece of equipment I'd like to snag; it's not integral, but it's nice to have.

Nathan leaps over there and attempts to steal an item. Some enemies will have more than one item to steal, but this guy only has the one. Let me refer to the FF Wiki for more information on that.

Final Fantasy Wiki posted:

There is a 1/8 chance that Locke will steal a rare item, and a 7/8 chance he will steal a common item. If there is no common item in an enemy's common item slot, there is a 7/8 chance Locke will fail to steal.

The formula for stealing is (50+Nathan's level - Target's level)/128. So, Nathan's level is 7 and the Guard Leader's level is 8...

If I did the math right, there's a 38% chance he can steal from this guy.

Eh, we'll get it in time.

This is what happened when the Lobos attacked; I think they hit one time, and never against Nathan.

Hell, Nathan never got hit during the fight. Moglin uses a spear for his attacks, while Moggie has a claw. I'm not sure what Mogret uses, but I don't really care, either.

The Guard Leader has 420 HP.

Charge is his scary move.

He also has a move where he can Slow people in the party, but he never used it here, instead opting to try and smash our Moogle friends out of their fur.

Eventually, I snag the knife and then we beat him to death.

Yeah, the Guard Leader is a glorified Guard, as should be expected. If not for Charge, he wouldn't pose any sort of a threat at all.

We also pick up 410 Gil!

Seriously, if not for them, Nathan would have been disemboweled by the Guard Leader and Terra would have been thrown off the cliff after being pelted with snowballs.

Nate gathers her up and runs off, ready to get her out of town.

Thankfully, she fell into a shaft that was fifteen feet from an exit.

Nathan sets her down.

And presses the switch that tears open a hole in the mountainside. Cool.

Hey, look who's awake!

Well, kind of.

Yeah, the Moogles were pretty key players there.

Yeah, that amnesia shtick isn't going away anytime soon.

Oh, yeah, Arvis didn't mention that.

It very well could!

And you have a bright red earring.

What? I thought we were stating the obvious.

She's wondering why the hell he would do that.

Good! That'd be the dickiest of dick moves.

She...She might not need you, pal. She can light you on fire by thinking about it.

Behind us is a Classroom, a sort of learning center place. I opt not to visit it, since I've covered most of the basics and I'll get them all down as we continue.

But before we continue, we slap on Nathan's new weapon.

From here, we're going south to Figaro.

Figaro is in the desert, so let's prepare for a case of swampass.

But, that will have to wait until the next update, where we explore Figaro Castle.

Stay tuned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, Leave, I forgot to ask: What did you name your new daughter? Given the fact you called her a Koopaling I'm hazarding Wendy as a placeholder if nothing else. If you don't want to say, us goons can just call her that as a shorthand.

• Locked thread