Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

I can't say when the next update will be, as they're inducing my wife today.

Assume Wife-1
Then Leavemywife + (Wife-1) = Wife
Therefore true for all values of Wife.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mazel tov!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Junpei posted:

Congrats! Boy or girl?

Moogle.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

DayoDayo posted:

Leave and I named her Annabella. 😀 but I'm sure he would have named her koopaling if he got the choice :)

For my friend's first kid, they liked to reply to the boy-girl question with "as long as it isn't a raptor." The nickname stuck, and now that she's old enough to know what a raptor is she loves it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Castor and Pollux for Edgar and Sabin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Change my Castor/Pollux vote to Remain and Leave.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

He's been everywhere, killed everything, and wrote a book about it. Clearly that masked man is Bowser.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Aerdan posted:

I am shocked—shocked—that you're linking the SNES tunes without also including the GBA versions.

Mostly because everyone should have to hear what they did to Techno de Chocobo.

My God, there's zero blending going on there. It sounds like 2 or 3 different songs playing at once.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

mauman posted:

I did not know that you could get the Genji Glove AND join the Returners

My mind is blown.

What happens if you don't join them? Go to leave and get attacked?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nathan

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A lady general who continually gets called out specifically as a lady? Better name her Jeanne and have done with it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

I'm not dead!

Oof. The closest I've come to something like that (not that it's even in the same ballpark) was after my apartment complex got some major pipework done last year and knocked a bunch of stuff loose. My washing machine line got completely blocked, two showerheads had to be replaced, three sink filters needed clearing (easy but they prefer to do it themselves in case something breaks or a washer gets dropped), and one toilet bob got jammed because silt got into the hinges. The annoying part was that it didn't all happen at once, one thing would wait to break until just after the maintenance guy left from the previous one. This included some work on the shower knob which had the phrase "they make this tool specifically to remove that part without it breaking, I used it and the part broke", and also a broken pipe between the wall and the showerhead where it just decided to disintegrate when the guy touched it. Two weeks of my plumbing turning against me.

On the bright side, I didn't have to pay for any of it and everything's worked like a charm afterward.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

He looks like a Thou to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Junpei posted:

There's more?! Guess he's more Yuuki Terumi than Joker, then.

When people call him an evil clown, the emphasis is on evil.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mogwi

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yes, this I spelled it wrong the first time. Though Mogwai would work too for Gremlins.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dirk the Average posted:

Mowgli will almost certainly win, but my vote is Roy because I'm a terrible person.

Yeah, but will it be spelled right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I think it's supposed to be "kooky old herbalist" but the articulated giggles definitely make things seem more sinister.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Aaaaand we have magic
This is why people in the know try to low-level game their way until Zozo. Because this is how you fix SabinLeave's magic, which is what his blitzes run off of.

If you keep someone low until you get an esper that gives +speed you can turn him into Quicksilver, attacking and doing stuff while everyone just stands still.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Charming rogue with his own ship and a disregard for the law? Sounds like Spike to me.

See you space sky cowboy...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

And that's why you bring Leave and Remain. Anyone know what happens if Remain isn't there to give her the 2-headed coin?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kevos Setzer posted:

This is one of those moments that made me absolutely love this character. He helps them because they played him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSb8PHjom4

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

mauman posted:

It's just one of those things that really resonates with me since I have an older brother that looks out for me a lot more than he has to.

Nothing on "ruling a kingdom" level, but my twin brother and I were always aware of this sort of thing. I went for electronics and drafting classes after he passed a choir audition so that music could be his "thing" since our interests overlapped so much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Terra, Nathan, Mog and Jack
And name Mog Kupo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Blue mages in Final Fantasy are either brokenly good, or brokenly bad. FF6's awkwardness on getting his stuff shifts him to the latter pile. Aqua Rake is the cheapest too, MP costs of 50 or 60 are par for the course.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I got this:

It's okay, bloopface isn't legally recognized as racist.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

There's a sidequest in Chrono Trigger that's the same way. The first time I played it, I failed it legit (I knew what I needed to do, but I didn't figure out how to do it in time), and there was a wonderfully touching scene. The second time around, I succeeded, and I was disappointed that the replacement for that scene was five seconds long and without any emotional impact.

Lara?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"This is the third time my brother's done this. I think he puts Figaro in peril on purpose just for an excuse."

I'm gonna go for the oddest esper trio I can think of and say it's Yuna, Rikku and Paine. No, I don't care when this game came out!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bowser

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fuzzy Wuzzy yeti buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

:O I never knew Gogo could set commands!

• Locked thread