Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Terra, Mowgli, Han,

and

Swayze

Who better to represent the dancer?

Leave did you know you can hit left on the main menu to select everyone to see their equipment at once? You might have to hit left twice, I don't remember. This doesn't feel like a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Avoiding spoilers, there is no way to increase the speed of the charging right? Not even magic spells? I never experimented with him enough to know.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I was considering doing an LP of Secret of Evermore and then I see that Leave already did one! :argh:

It's fine, I'm learning more about the game as I read it anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm on mobile, does anyone have a link to Leave's Chrono Trigger LP? I have the LP Archive app but it's hard to read things on there and I can't find it on a search with the Awful app.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So if the Emperor ISN'T a dog, what's the black spot on his sprite's face? :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:confuoot:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I used to have the official strategy guide as well. It didn't actually give much help for the last fight and I recall one of the esper pictures was misaligned. Bahamut maybe? Regardless, it was my most read and beaten up guide.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Definitely Galuf and Krile. I don't care which one gets which name though.

I always thought Relm's sprite was weird. Her arms are insanely long even compared to the other characters.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someday I'll do a natural magic run. Lore can shine much better there.

Are there any decent romhacks that increase the difficulty without relying on gobs of HP and cheap tricks? I always hated how powerful you could get but never needed to use it for anything.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Healing Rod is an indispensable item in the following runs: low level, natural magic (to a point) and low level/natural magic. It's your only source of healing besides Terra, Celes and items for a while. Otherwise, its use is marginal unless you've been neglecting healing spells.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did I mention that I always found Relm's sprite a little weird? Her arms are entirely too long.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's amazing how​ many game breaking glitches, bugs and things that just plain don't work are in this game and it's still considered one of the best RPGs ever. I don't think there is anything that would completely arrest your way forward, besides your saves getting erased maybe?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wendy, Galuf and..uh.. whatever Mog's name was. Is he Pog?

Don't forget one of Pog's dances!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

You know the only time Kefks washes his hands? When he shits on them. Which happens--tops, tops--two, three times a week.

There's a special encounter on another island somewhere that you can only get to with an airship. Are you going to show that off?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Espers always disappointed me in combat. You could only summon them once and typically they didn't do much more damage than you could already do with magic.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kevos Setzer posted:

You're not alone, Leave. It gives an endgame feel to the dungeon.

It IS the endgame. We're going to stop the Emperor and Kefka from reviving the Warring Triad and dooming the world. Lots of people have rumbled about the length of this game.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Going by memory, Osmose never seemed to work for me. Maybe I only ever used it in enemies with little or no MP. Rasp was cool though. Did any of the subsequent FFs use those spells?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I always hated that mini game but couldn't bring myself to let Cid die.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've never actually beaten the game with the Three Required Characters. It might provide a challenge in the final dungeon..

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I'd love to at least get some kind of way to use the improved mechanics and backgrounds from the iOS version with the traditional character sprites, at least.

There is a group working on this for the Steam version, which is a port of the Android version. Not sure how far along they are but there are a couple sprites that never existed in the previous ports that they have to make by hand.

I'm curious what the characters would look like if they were just enhanced like everything else. Probably not good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I remember way long ago reading that the Mad Oscars were named "Marlboro" in Japan but had to be changed due to copyright. It may have been in this strategy guide which I always loved more than the official one. It might not have had all the in depth charts and lists but it was fun to read!

Anyway I don't know if the Marlboro story is true but it makes sense due to their Bad Breath attack.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Post the eggs, Leave.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's been so long that I've forgotten who she is, so I vote Wendy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wendy and Bowser.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's the deal with that floating sword by the Borghese's knee? Doesn't look like he's holding it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've been entertaining myself with watching liquidypoo's random FF6 run, and doing one of my own.

I'm all caught up to the videos too. Hang in there, Leave.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Has anyone else had a little calf-like thing show up and cure your characters of sleep?

I think its just protection against your character being asleep forever, instead of them just waking up.

A little bit of Googling led me to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku_(spirit)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Not a complaint: possible that after a long break, some people might not notice there has been an update.

Not saying you should update at anything but your preferred pace! Just a thought. I'm glad to see the updates.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Let's have a vote now!

Of the following, which is most like Leave:

Cool.

Or

Good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can't believe I have to say this; the third option is both Cool and Good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

As far as that goes, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle those. They're exceedingly rare, and a pain in the rear end to trigger.

As for summons, I plan on getting all the Espers first, then doing a big video of all their summons.

Should be fairly easy with save states. Might be easier still to link an already made video from YouTube :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pog is all alone in this cruel world.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hunter Noventa posted:

It's locked, he'll have to come back with Nathan for it.

Incorrect! :science:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I only recently found out that Osmose works the same way, draining an amount of MP equal to what you're missing. Made a certain dungeon in the WoR a lot easier on my randomizer run.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Definitely looks like a Lennie. John Malkovich could play him in a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If I remember correctly from my jaunt through a Beyond Chaos run and the frantic Googling that occurred, the Hero Ring stacks with the Earrings as if it were also an Earring. Granted, the use of a physical AND magic boost on one character is questionable. I'm not sure why the physical boosting items don't stack, as magic is better in all but one way; the useful physical attack can still be maxed out without stacking physical damage.

• Locked thread