Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Hey all

So I have a pretty high IQ. Not super genius levels but statistically on any given day theres very little chance I'll run in to someone smarter than me.
Now you may think "Wow nice brag Surface about a good thing" Well turns out its not so great.

I'm a pretty successful guy overall with a high paying job, nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

But how do you deal with being surrounded by people stupider than you? Like you 'get' something and it takes all the people around you forever to figure it out.

How do you all connect with someone on a deep level that's just plain stupider than you? It narrows the dating pool a lot but luckily over the years I've met some smart girls.

How do fellow smarties get by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont have two brain cells to rub together

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

THIS THREAD HAPPENED BEFORE

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i pride myself on being the retardedest guy in any given room

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so is this an ama for being an institutionalized retard? op, how many years did it take for you to learn how to feed yourself?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

THIS THREAD HAPPENED BEFORE

The advice wasn't very good last time because there are lots of people dumber than me here. But its been 6 months and I think gbs has matured.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm extremely smart

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
find a better room

speaking of which *leaving thread :cool:*

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

head to a different room so I'm not lonely

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm only smart in certain fields, OP

Such as being a very good pro poster in GBS.

Sadly, believe it or not irl I'm loving dumb, but I get through my day by thinking "if you smart jerks knew just how much my GBS buds admire me online"

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

hm is this thread ironic

i hope so

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i'm not the smartest person in the room so you fellas tell me

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
When someone says or does something and I think "You're so loving stupid", I don't say it out loud.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SurfaceDetail posted:

But its been 6 months and I think gbs has matured.

i really i wish i wasnt surrounded with such fuckin stupid people here lmao

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
try being the most retarded instead

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I am a loving retard

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it's pretty easy I cook breakfast and ur mom cooks dinner

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Monday_ posted:

When someone says or does something and I think "You're so loving stupid", I don't say it out loud.

Smart move.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
your friends probably just think you're a neckbeard autist

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

This is a mean trick, OP. Only Franco can answer this and he's banned from GBS.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SurfaceDetail posted:

Hey all

So I have a pretty high IQ. Not super genius levels but statistically on any given day theres very little chance I'll run in to someone smarter than me.
Now you may think "Wow nice brag Surface about a good thing" Well turns out its not so great.

I'm a pretty successful guy overall with a high paying job, nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

But how do you deal with being surrounded by people stupider than you? Like you 'get' something and it takes all the people around you forever to figure it out.

How do you all connect with someone on a deep level that's just plain stupider than you? It narrows the dating pool a lot but luckily over the years I've met some smart girls.

How do fellow smarties get by?

be effortlessly brainy but be humble about it and not a dick like you did with this post.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i don't get what you're asking?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'd explain it, but I'm sure the answer would just go right over your head. :smuggo:

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
My ex was that kind of person, the sort that is legitimately the smartest person in the room. He has an IQ of 180.

Mine still puts me squarely in the top 2% but I still felt like a moron around him the vast majority of the time. He has no concept of what it's like to not understand how to do complex math or coding and thought that if someone doesn't understand it that they're just being lazy. If anyone ever messed up anything at work he would openly call them a moron or stupid and there was no chance the company he works for would ever fire him over something like that because they needed his smarts to fix literally everything when something catastrophic happens.

Also due to being right the vast majority of the time definitely made him feel like his opinions were always right even if there was something not quite right about it or a bias. He never called me stupid though, at least not to my face or that I know of. I think being with me for two years taught him that some people do have mental limitations even if they are smart and that he really just doesn't like being around someone a good chunk of the time if both persons aren't on the same level. He didn't get annoyed with people all the time to be malicious, it seems like it was a genuine frustration that no one he knew with the exception of his dad were on his level. When we parted ways it was amicable at least.

Anyway, that was how he dealt with always being the smartest person in the room.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Trojan.exe posted:

My ex was that kind of person, the sort that is legitimately the smartest person in the room. He has an IQ of 180.

Mine still puts me squarely in the top 2% but I still felt like a moron around him the vast majority of the time. He has no concept of what it's like to not understand how to do complex math or coding and thought that if someone doesn't understand it that they're just being lazy. If anyone ever messed up anything at work he would openly call them a moron or stupid and there was no chance the company he works for would ever fire him over something like that because they needed his smarts to fix literally everything when something catastrophic happens.

Also due to being right the vast majority of the time definitely made him feel like his opinions were always right even if there was something not quite right about it or a bias. He never called me stupid though, at least not to my face or that I know of. I think being with me for two years taught him that some people do have mental limitations even if they are smart and that he really just doesn't like being around someone a good chunk of the time if both persons aren't on the same level. He didn't get annoyed with people all the time to be malicious, it seems like it was a genuine frustration that no one he knew with the exception of his dad were on his level. When we parted ways it was amicable at least.

Anyway, that was how he dealt with always being the smartest person in the room.

beat the poo poo out of this guy this is way too many sentences

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Trojan.exe posted:

this seems like something a stupid person would post in this thread so Im not gonna read it

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
no offense.

pm me if you are a hot goonette gamergirl

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Trojan.exe posted:

So it sounds like your ex was an rear end in a top hat more than anything else.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

SurfaceDetail posted:

Like you 'get' something and it takes all the people around you forever to figure it out.

What's an example of something you "get" that other people can't figure out?

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

im the only one in this mcdonalds bathroom right now

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Make sure you correct everything people do or say that is even slightly wrong. Offer completely unsolicited information that barely relates to the conversation.

Do this in the most condescending and annoying way that you can.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
op attach a pic of your mensa membership so we know you're legit

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I take a dump in the corner. If anyone wants to challenge me they have to take a bigger dump.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ElectricSheep posted:

op attach a pic of your mensa membership so we know you're legit

and then feel inadequate because i qualify for the triple nine society :smuggo:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

SurfaceDetail posted:

no offense.

pm me if you are a hot goonette gamergirl

im a big dumb retard is that colse enough? B

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i am gonna gape your fuckin b. hole op

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

i leave the bathroom

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
people who are worked up about their own IQs are generally major dumbasses

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I ask people complicated math problems with an obvious flaw then laugh while they struggle to solve it.

Then I'm like "lol bitch brains "a train leaves from Detroit at 80MPH" isn't even an integer! You can't divide by words Horacio lol you dumb bag of sand!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

SurfaceDetail posted:

I think gbs has matured.

You may not be as smart as you think you are.

Maybe everyone else talks "dumb" around you so you don't feel left out. They are just being considerate.

• Locked thread