Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ronaldo & frate are pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol @ making the guy called volpe catch a chicken

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

most shows take place in the real world

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah if your only reference material is shonen fighting shows of course there aren't many realistic anime shows

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im not sure how long of a timespan you want here (and im guessing no high school) so here's some realistic dramas off the top of my head Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, shirobako, giovanni's island. Otona Joshi no Anime Time, mouryo no hako

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

all these drat shows exist if you just take the time to look further than whats popular among 15 year olds, or even better just read manga so you can for example read all the other manga urasawa did after monster

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

monster wasn't unpopular, the manga sold 20 million copies

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well that was 91 days. started out strong, ended up kinda mediocre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

What? I thought that was a really good ending to the show. Personally I would put this in my top 3 of this season.

i would too, but i also did not manage to stay interested enough in 3 anime this season to finish them

i found the writing rather dull and predictable, now predictable does not have to be a bad thing, i quite enjoyed seeing all the various mobster cliché's appear in the early episodes and it even managed a few surprising things (how long fango lived for one and his end) but as the show went on, the production values suffered which meant that all the cliché's were no longer backed up with fun direction, good looking action and neat visual references. visually it became duller while filled with production errors. and without the fun visual flair to back it up, it just felt like it was going through the expected motions.

while necessary, the deaths of many of the more interesting, colourful or larger than life characters like fango, corteo, ronaldo and the hitman made the show blander. it quite literally lost its colour! its fair to take this as intended on a thematic level, but it also made a show already suffering from a troubled production less interesting to look at and it isn't exactly on the level of sympathy for lady vengeance where it works (for me). the whole first half of the last episode was also rather clunky with the unnecessary and constant back and forth scenes

in short, while the story was at first backed up with fun direction and good visuals, the rough production ended up leaving the story without the visuals to back it up and with a script that could have used some smoothing out to improve it, at least that's my opinion

• Locked thread