Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Rarely if ever has a video game straddled the line between distraction for man-babies and true art in the same way that last year's seminal classic Undertale unquestionably may have done. The antics of Frisk, San, Papyrus, Fishmo and that octopus thing have captured the imagination of a generation, yielding endless hours of music, animation and sexarts from talented people, sub-people and quarter-humans with infinite spare time on their hands. Behold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TzVOLOROkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2df5tI00E

how important is undertale going to be in artistic history? will it poo poo on caravaggio? donatello? Cecilia Gimenez? share the ways in which toby fox has touched you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i don't know what this is but that skelerton looks like s/he wants to get hosed

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
you spelled autistic wrong

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

psychokitty posted:

i don't know what this is but that skelerton looks like s/he wants to get hosed

skeletons usually have this come hither look going on, that's why everyone wants to bone them

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Schwarbage posted:

you spelled autistic wrong

there are no trains in undertale, you;re thinking of underrail which is mostly about trains

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

skeletons usually have this come hither look going on, that's why everyone wants to bone them

omg lol rofl boning a skelerton i'm gonna die of laughing

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

psychokitty posted:

omg lol rofl boning a skelerton i'm gonna die of laughing

youre going to die because im going to kill you

now move over and let some decent posters answer the question

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

youre going to die because im going to kill you

now move over and let some decent posters answer the question

sweet release please can you force me to eat cheese and blueberries first

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
it stinks

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I thought this game was bad
I'm told it was just 2deep4me

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
the legacy will be retards somehow finding a weirder sexual fixation than loving ponies

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

S K E L E T O N B O N E R S ~

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm here, SIB. your honeypot worked.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i like that there have been a bunch of new earthboundy games out or in the works.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shoophobo posted:

I thought this game was bad
I'm told it was just 2deep4me

most things are

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
my undertale experience is i played it some but it was insanely boring so i stopped. really makes you think about what it means to be human

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

scott zoloft posted:

i like that there have been a bunch of new earthboundy games out or in the works.

i didn't get the undertale earthbound connection because i remember quite liking undetale whereas i thought earthbound was a grindy pain in the rear end like LISA

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Video games as art? Lol go back to gamergate

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I bought it because people told me to, I played like 10 minutes and found out it was a bullet hell game and therefore I wouldn't be able to actually win it, much less enjoy it.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress this tbhread

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Volume posted:

Video games as art? Lol go back to gamergate

i'm not allowed back in there

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i didn't get the undertale earthbound connection because i remember quite liking undetale whereas i thought earthbound was a grindy pain in the rear end like LISA
i think a Mother 3-Undertale connection is more accurate than Earthbound-Undertale

also my Earthbound story is that i played up until the Fourside Department Store, which is where the game really gets grindy. maybe i should go back and finish it, i dunno.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

I meant RPGs with simple gameplay and graphics that focus on story and fun NPC interactions. both earthbound and undertale did a good job of being zany while still holding true to the tone of the game.

but i'm also a tremendous human being so lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Undertale was a good game that I enjoyed playing.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
artistic legacy? idk about all that. all i know is i beat it and never opened it up again, it's now a greyed out name on a long list

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hey you know that one thing a lot of people like? Heh, well, I'm not like most people so try not to have your mind blown when I tell you it's bad and not good.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Hey you know that one thing a lot of people like? Heh, well, I'm not like most people so try not to have your mind blown when I tell you it's bad and not good.

is this sarcasm?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Neon skeleton dicks.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Salt Fish posted:

thx for the opinion :salt::coolfish:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the bit where the flower monster called out people on youtube for watching really spoke to me because i was being told in a game that i was morally worse than someone with a youtube channel

really made me thing

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

paul_soccer10 posted:

gently caress this tbhread

i just want to bone that bone not the whole thread

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

maybe man is the real monster? if that's not art I don't know what is

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

We All Earthbound Now

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

undertale has good music

the artistic legacy is that one song and the other song
the bone songs

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

FuhrerHat posted:

undertale has good music

the artistic legacy is that one song and the other song
the bone songs

the bonetrousle is a good song

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/1wJiH

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

the bit where the flower monster called out people on youtube for watching really spoke to me because i was being told in a game that i was morally worse than someone with a youtube channel

really made me thing
I like that evil flower because he achieved CHIM and I want to use my milk spear on him.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

not canon, skeletons would give awful, toothy head

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I like that evil flower because he achieved CHIM and I want to use my milk spear on him.

i can't parse this but i think i would agree if i could

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I don't like to think about the artistic legacy of videogames because it makes me realise that by the time the next generation are university aged people will definitely be studying and getting all snobbish and intellectual about videogames in the same way they do films. I guess some people already do that, but it will get worse and more common and take up a greater space in pop culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

seminal classic Undertale

Dictionary posted:

seminal
1.(of a work, event, moment, or figure) strongly influencing later developments.
2.of, relating to, or denoting semen.

:hb::hb:

• Locked thread