Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Click the meat for the latest update

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the ninth release in Capcom's Monster Hunter series of "Hunting Action" games. The game is largely about beating up various types of dragon and making hats out of them, which, as it turns out, is extremely my poo poo. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an updated rerelease of Monster Hunter Tri with a bunch of added content, new monsters, and more cats than you possibly have room for, but not as many cats as the games that followed it, unfortunately.

In this LP, I'm going to be largely gushing about Monster Hunter. It's a great series.

You should play it.

Thread Guidelines
  • Don't spoil monsters we haven't seen yet. Believe me, I'm the most excited to show off a monster that we hunt, but for the sake of people who haven't seen any of this yet, at least do me a solid and spoiler tag that business. You should do this especially if it's one we've only seen in the intro.
  • Don't be a dick
  • That's pretty much it.
Naturally, all of the SA Forum Rules and LP subforum rules apply as well.

Monster Hunter is a huge game. Like, hundreds and hundreds of hours huge. There's tons of missions, and DLC has added even more on top of the already ludicrous number of quests. There's hundreds of items with unique descriptions, tons of armor and weapons to look through, and lots and lots of little things that make the whole game tick. The game can be played in a multitude of ways, all of which are perfectly valid and fun and often, you'll find yourself changing the way you play radically to tackle new challenges.

So I'm not doing a 100% LP. If I showed every quest, crafted every weapon and armor set, combined every item, et cetera, we'd be here for the rest of eternity. I am going to show every monster, all of the story, and a good bit of multiplayer, as well as a little bit of extra stuff from a game similar to Monster Hunter just to show how "Hunting Action" has emerged as a genre. I also intend to stream the occasional grinding session every so often, and when I do, I'll link the stream here.

With me for the ride is DoubleNegative who, as far as I'm aware, hasn't played a Monster Hunter game beyond one of the atrociously bad demos. Of course, when multiplayer rolls around, we'll have some fresh faces then, as well.

So let's get right into it with :siren:Update 1: The Great Big Tutorial Video.:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread