Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pissflaps is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
divide and conquer is a great strategy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Noxville posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/760190568018305024

These things do seem a little better attended than Owen Smith's.

look just because he is popular doesn't mean he's popular

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

But I heard jeremy was not popular in the north.

liverpool is not really the north, it's west if you think about it and they're scousers who are all moaners and troublemakers anyway

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Corbyn posted:

Which is why it's doubly hilarious they put up a Liverpool MP as their stalking horse. They set Eagle up for a massive fall and let her think she might actually be leader out of it all. Sad.

to be fair it's her fault if she ever thought she had a chance, even without being the stalking horse

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

XMNN posted:

wallasey isnt liverpool :aagh:

yeah yeah and next you'll be telling me that stockport isn't manchester

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

stockport is a really loving lazy name for a town

it's a bit of a stock name

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Let the NHS poz my neg hole

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

Isn't it the same thing? They think leftiness of the awkward dishevelled palling round with terrorists type is risible and unelectable

Good thing only one of these people is electable

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I am a great big fuckhammer

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

I think a start would be to recruit an effective media management team.

oh gently caress

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol that's a perfectly fine response to the question.

the gently caress is wrong with you?

his response to immigration is that it isn't a problem, because it isn't, wage stagnation he deals with and house prices, well that's dealt with by providing enough houses.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
better I would imagine.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Grillo posted:

Did you... did you read that response there? Where Owen Jones asked him for an easily-digestible message that Labour has for the country? And he didn't mention either of those issues in his response?
Even when he does talk about immigration he literally dismisses it as 'not really a problem'. He has suggested a migrant impact fund to address that non-problem. (I know it's not the real problem you gently caress.) He need to put the migration impact fund front and loving centre, and point to it and say, look at how the Tories and Blair ignored how your communities are going down the shitter and your public services are already overstretched but are being stretched further. This is what we're going to do about it.

Right, I can't even remember the last time I saw him in an interview talking about building houses or rent caps. He has not been out there saying these things in the persistent way that he needs to. Everyone acknowledges this, there are just differing opinions on whether he can actually do anything that will be effective enough to cut through the media bias.

immigration isn't really a problem and jeremy favours building more houses and rent caps.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
and I personally like the fact that jeremy doesn't give soundbites as answers

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dispatch_async posted:

To be fair to El Grillo it has happened a few times. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KtTdM5S6Y.

I'm sure he would agree that these people need to be expelled from the Labour party, along with anybody who agrees with such awful bullying tactics.

wasn't this guy working for a PR firm that has a load of blairites in it trying to oust corbyn?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
just watching the interview between Smith and Guru Murphy and Smith's position is that Labour should campaign to stay in the EU; surely that is electoral suicide?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

'Massive crowds' at rallies are utterly meaningless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYIH7ApCxoM

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pissflaps when Corbyn goes to Middlesbrough will you go listen to him speak?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

That's unlikely.

don't you want to see him in the flesh and make your own decision based upon how he comes across in reality?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

You make him sound more like an evangelist than a politician.

Which is apt.

Witnessing him compel Green voters to speak in tongues won't make him a better Labour Party leader.

how is that making him sound like an evangelist?

you can come and listen to him speak, put forward his policies himself with no editor or director and make a decision yourself.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

namesake posted:

Clicked hoping for a Hitler rally.

Left disappointed.

here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yme_NU75VFc

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Because you seem to be suggesting that seeing him in the flesh might make me a believer.

And even if it did that wouldn't make him the right person to lead the Labour Party. He just doesn't have what it takes to deliver a Labour government.

I am suggesting nothing of the sort, I just think it would be interesting to see what your opinion is after you went and saw him for yourself, whether it would reinforce your opinion or not.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

If the best you can do is £1 better than the tories that's piss poor.

one pound and five pence please

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

Then they're welcome to decline that particular service if they feel it isn't worth it, there will be someone who is willing. Police accountability is more important than that.

They aren't poo poo compared to the IRA. If they started back up again then I might be worried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7iYY-yV3So

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7iYY-yV3So

efb: goddamnit, shouldn't have watched it before posting

haha in ur face!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

great tune, one of my favourites

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Miles Davis

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Ignore the second half of the article because its someone having a moan and talking about themselves but some interesting stats in the first half

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/01/pro-corbyn-campaign-public-sent-mainstream-media-hissy-fit/

I am a self-facilitating media node

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Corbyn posted:

Owen Smith is doing a speech on Facebook Live. 50 people are watching.

lol i guess social media ain't the future for all of us

Jose posted:

oh its a poo poo article for sure, just the stats i found interesting

and yeah it was interesting, and there are some valid points there - it's not like the Oped Authors are the Oracle of Delphi

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Did you need a rib removing or are you just naturally flexible?

i am sad u didn't get this reference

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what is smith's facebook page? I still can't find it when searching

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I was in the midst of typing up an angry post, hammering the keyboard, lots of typos that I'd have had to go back and fix but what's the loving point? Vacuity sells, sells, sells, substance is a filthy word and there is no loving point. Drink or drug yourself to incoherence, open a vein, vote loving Tory, doesn't loving matter we're all in the shite canoe on the river of human turds and it never ends, it never loving ends. Let Trump and Putin have their nuclear cock measuring contest, then climate change can finish off the poor loving bastards who don't go up in flames. Be doing us a loving favour, no place for empathy, no place for loving love or grief, only thing that matters is hate and money, how much more righteous our hate is than theirs and never forget money sanctifies all. I'm just so bloody tired of it all.

start of Trainspotting 2 sounding good

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
loving is good too. even Marx enjoyed loving, and not just with his wife!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I heard there was one in Switzerland and that Coohoolin works there

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JoylessJester posted:

So the Bristol renting market is awful, particularly for one beds.

i could have told you that

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell that's a poo poo show

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Miftan posted:

Depends, how do you feel about bagels with salmon and cream cheese?

lox and cream on an everything bagel to go please

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

Why do you need to put salmon and cream cheese on a bagel?

It's fine on bread.

my nigga, have you heard of an everything bagel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

Cheesy chips with burger sauce plrase

You seedy bastard

• Locked thread