Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

How is the message not transmitted to the users of the drug? Or are you implying that because the state pays for it, it's different from a drug trial where the state pays for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001

So with the NEC now with 6 new lefty types, does that mean they can call off the appeal of the judge ruling from earlier today?

brian
Sep 11, 2001

I haven't seen evidence of failure that couldn't be attributed to obvious opposition both within and outside the party when it comes to corbyn so until I do I'll probably not jump on the let's all agree he's poo poo bandwagon because the entire point of the labour right's plan is to erode support through muddying lines and getting everyone to admit that he's a good guy but just not the right guy. He's the only politician i've seen in a good while who seems to be genuinely promoting a less reactionary approach to politics and as far as i've seen he's been remarkably consistent at doing that. I don't agree with 'realists' who profess that the media and political infrastructure won't change therefore we should appease a clearly broken down system, because agreeing to that means giving up on reforming anything of note and just keeps the whole cycle going, notably because democracy is a bit important and whatnot. Political upheaval is always on a ticking clock because of the natural way power coalesces and protects itself at the cost of meritocracy, I fail to see how anyone can be so vehemently against stalinism and so on and not see the parallels with entrenched political classes in liberal democracies and it's clearly the left's turn to win this upheaval, or at least it should be given how far right the pendulum has swung already.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

V. Illych L. posted:

oh ffs why are people getting baited by pissflaps again

jfc it never yields anything constructive

there's more than one pissflaps now and they're talking to him and backing up their own horrifically bad faith arguments it's quite the party

brian
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/764101293900259328

Welp

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Wow they're going to try and claim costs and it could go to the supreme court, top stuff lads

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/764103179244040192

brian
Sep 11, 2001

You can't godwin on pissflaps, it only works if you use metaphors built around the Kursk, possibly the battle of Kursk too I dunno

brian
Sep 11, 2001

I probably missed this being posted but more double standards nonsense https://medium.com/@georgenturner/blairite-entryism-251dfce4f128#.qi4ria7ut

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Pissflaps seems irrevocably stuck in 1997 or something, games are a p big deal these days m8, kinda massive industry and the average age of people playing games is late 30s to early 40s, older if you only count mobile games. I mean really when you look at everything he says it's like 2003 onwards never happened, to think, he lives in a world where 2 Fast 2 Furious was the final fast and the furious film, it's a dark world he lives in.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

forkboy84 posted:

I think Pissflaps just knew that dismissing games would lead to lots of people posting about Pissflaps, his favourite UKMT topic.

To be fair he managed to get everyone to seriously argue about the cultural importance of ant and dec for like 3 pages, p top stuff

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I feel really let down by Mankind Divided already. Invisible War and Human Revolution were such great, evocative subtitles. Mankind Divided feels so bland in comparison.

As someone who has played neither of those original two, I feel your idea of them (the subtitles) being great and evocative is almost entirely influenced by your appreciation of those games

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Can't we have a no pissflaps allowed UKMT thread for all the people with busy lives who can't wade through the 80% of posts that are related to him in some way

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

Online discussion does seem to encourage some people to become abusive and aggressive.

I prefer to remain positive, polite and friendly: even when you disagree with someone's point of view, there may be something you can learn from exchanging ideas.

I get it ok, you're a brilliant satire of modern journalism and the state of modern debate, you don't need to go so obviously overt with lines implying you're ever going to learn anything, it's a schoolboy move from a journeyman supertroll and I kind of expected better.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

Is it your intension to attempt to justify Russia's invasion and annexation of Ukraine?

Is it your intention to subvert the english language by changing common spellings in an attempt to destabilise the accepted foundations of civilisation to usher in the islamic caliphate you're so clearly heavily supporting?

brian
Sep 11, 2001

can we make it Big Train chat and combine both chats

brian
Sep 11, 2001

I mean it's completely out of keeping with everything he's done in public in the last 30 years and the other people on the train are saying it wasn't a stunt but I personally have been worn down by all these people telling me how bad he is and I want to appear capable of self reflection and i'm a bit plagued by doubt so I'm going to jump to conclusions then act like I expected this all along

i'm going places

brian
Sep 11, 2001

We don't need extra pissflaps oldmemes and you're not half as good at it as him and it's making everyone sad, but in the way where we're worried about you and hope you get help instead of the mad at you variety

brian
Sep 11, 2001

you realise that's the bait right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Could it be that the EU wasn't actually that great, it's just leaving it was a terrible decision? Having someone voice what a lot of people were thinking was probably fairly helpful. Don't know though.

You know you're replying to pissflaps in a wig right

• Locked thread