Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

What should I do? He totally just wants to grab a beer and hang out with me.

This guy posted an ad on my local subreddit looking for an illustrator to work on a book for basically nothing. I made a thread in the freelancer subforum calling him out on being a cheap rear end in a top hat, because is a cheap rear end in a top hat, and I have no life and it was fun. Here's the OP. For people who don't do freelance work, offering exposure and maybe possibly points for work is bullshit unless you have massive networking contacts or the position is an internship. Which is never the case when someone's offering exposure instead of money.

He deleted most of his posts so here's another screenshot.

Callout thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freelance/comments/4vfc99/how_not_to_freelance/

The guy is very adamant about letting me know his name is Sam Zurick. If posting his name and email's not okay I'll take it down, but he keeps sending this poo poo to me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Albuquerque/comments/4vffon/im_not_seeking_a_book_illustrator_anymore/

A lot of times when I make a post somebody disagrees with on reddit, and they find out I'm a she, it usually turns into a barrage of misogynistic "You stupid oval office" "You're just angry because you're desperate for my HUGE COCK" bullshit. I know it's not news reddit's full of assholes, but it just reminds me how awesome the community is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i feel like you must not post on reddit much if an exchange like this is that notable to you

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
OK, thanks for letting me know.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cool chatlog

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I was entertained. Mostly because he flipped out over a kind of innocuous comment.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Khorne posted:

I was entertained. Mostly because he flipped out over a kind of innocuous comment.

like 40% of people posting in any thread of reddit do that, in my experience

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I knew I should have made a left toin at Albukoykee.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Meet up with him and angrily suck his dick

That'll show him

Be really dry and use lots of teeth

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
haha, loser, you just missed out on the ambiguous possibility of royalties. You're never gonna be the next Rob Liefeld the way you're going, kid.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Cut his head off and absorb his power while lightning strikes everywhere around you

It's the only way these things work out

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
does "points on the back end" mean buttsex cuz that's a pretty sweet deal imo

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Not to be sexist, but I think women are inferior

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

suck his dick and then post pictures of it online, that's basically the ultimate own.

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
As a working musician myself, I always pay upfront for anything like photos, artwork, and what have you. Wtf would royalties even be? Oh, I sold three albums where you did all the art at a gig I did, here's your five cents.

Nevermind the fact that musicians are some of the most stingy people when it comes to getting paid. If you want to put out a good, professional product, accept the costs that come with it.

Marty Crane fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 1, 2016

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I like the part where you instead of ignoring a person you disagreed with you engaged them in an Internet argument

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
be the mods reddit needs

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Foreskin Problems posted:

I like the part where you instead of ignoring a person you disagreed with you engaged them in an Internet argument

I liked that too.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
kinda lame op

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
'Good job pissing off a potential network contact.'

gently caress off, if you were part of any network, you wouldn't be on Reddit asking for illustrators. God I hate people like that.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Frog Act posted:

i feel like you must not post on reddit much if an exchange like this is that notable to you

:agreed:
Posting on reddit is like posting in one of the more autistic forums on SA. You'll always be wrong and someone will make drat sure to hound you about it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kuato posted:

OK, thanks for letting me know.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

Frog Act posted:

like 40% of people posting in any thread of reddit do that, in my experience

Sounds like you've been spending a lot of time on "Reddit" ... post in GBS, friend

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Draw a bunch of pictures of dicks for his book. Get in good with the editor of his book company to make sure they get included. Then hype the hell out of it at burning man.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Well, IS your clitoris inflamed, OP? Maybe he has a point

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
is it true that you were the worst part of cap'n jazz op?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Don Tacorleone posted:

Well, IS your clitoris inflamed, OP? Maybe he has a point

on the scale from micropenis to chyna, how inflamed is your clit op??

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
you're clearly jusrt desparate for my huge dick, op

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Every redditor deserves abuse and scorn

(ERDAS)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I feel uncomfortable - like something is expected of me but I don't know what.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Nice thread idiot

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

yeah he's gonna gently caress you in the rear end op, right through your pants

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

OP your little tag under your avatar really threw me for a loop there. We should meet up and talk about it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Every redditor deserves abuse and scorn

(ERDAS)

hmm, yes, of course, as per B.F. Skinners thesis on CBT :wotwot:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

You should meet him imo.

Him
Oct 9, 2015
Can I go to bed now?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Keep your clandestine twink hookups off the main forum dude

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

by making this thread you pretty much signed a contract with the devil, you know what you must do.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Him posted:

Can I go to bed now?

Yes, dear

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
drat, this is the cool poo poo i've been missing out on from not using reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Kick his rear end, OP