Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

August is here and we've not had a summer yet. Disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The best books are the ones they turn into movies so I don't have to do any of that gay reading poo poo.

Unironically agree.

Elmnt80 posted:

I have the next 3 days off. I also got new speakers in along with an amp wiring kit. So excited. And I had a conversation that was very good for my future. Around the begining of june, my district manager came to me and asked how I'd like to have the open assisstant manager position at my store. I said I was interested, but would need to talk to our old assisstant who is still at our store after willingly taking a demotion during an incident with our previous commercial sales guy and our store manager who was on vacation. Around the begining of july, everything had calmed down and I had a chance to talk to my store manager and she liked the idea for a number of reasons. However she wanted to talk to the previous asst manager to make sure there would be no hard feelings if I was promoted. Well, a week ago while working the slow sunday shift, the previous asst brought up that her old position was open and she thought I would be able to get the position if I asked for it. I admitted that our dm had already asked me about it and I had spoken to the store manager about the position being open, but had wanted to talk to her myself before I would actually consider accepting the position. Our previous asst said I had her full support and she even gave me a hug. In a little over a year I've gone from driving to possibly taking asst manager in an area with a bunch of stores opening for oreillys. The last 7 months or so in particular have been damned good to me and I've been a lucky son of a bitch with how things have played out. I hope the rest of this year keeps on being awesome and all of you have an awesome rest of 2016. :toot:

Yooooooo. Awesome.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp, is it that time of the month already?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Today I learned that a space disco version of the Star Wars music exists. I now have the vinyl on order as even just that album art is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3kV3Icm28

Anyway I learned that exists because of this live performance by Moullinex a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLK42eB71xo

I don't even like Star Wars.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Free baby? Sweet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Trash panda! :kimchi:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The 86 is a fairly naff looking car. I'm yet to drive one though, might roll up to the dealer in my Supra and act like I'm interested.

How much (or little) torque do they have?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Not fast enough. I think the price point just ended up higher than it should have been. I remember when frsbrz Fever hit there was a YouTube series called BRZ or That? They basically explored similar performing cars and different price points, or similar price point cars and performance differences.
I just can't see a place where I say get to get a toyobaru twin over something like an E46 M3.

Japan got a stripper model, plain cheapo bumpers, thin steelies etc, just enough to roll it out of the factory as they knew people would mod them. I wonder what sort of money they went for.

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dim...ta-gt-86-rc.jpg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

Conversion van or go home.
:colbert:

Conversion van and be home, wherever you are.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

RX8's are ugly.

:hfive:

I see multiple daily, none are ever doing above 2000rpm.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

Needs more hell march.

Everything does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Immaculate conception. Jesus2 is here.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've been asked to test a piece of software in a particular build at work. I requested a test build because y'know, then I'd be testing the actual build. I can't have that though, I'm being made to gently caress around with ADM accounts and partially locked down admin accounts because our computer dorks are far too precious about poo poo and/or too lazy to bother doing it properly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I hear weed's good for that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sigma X posted:

The chat thread titles seems particularly apropos Mister Surprise Father.

I thought the same but didn't want to mention it. :hfive:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I was down to 185 about 18 months back. I got lazy and started drinking beer and eating fast food again. I've got my diet under control again, now I need to do a little work to get back to where I was. Currently 205.

How short are you that 205 is chubby?

I'm 6'1" and 190 and I still look skinny.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Hahaha gross. My older sister the hipster thinks it's classy.

lol. Stella tries very hard to put across an image of class. We all know the deal.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

the spyder posted:

Free* Jaguar + LM/LQ engine = party time right?

(*There's no such thing as a "Free" Lucas electrics 70's Jag. Ugh.)

'Free' or not, a V8 Jag is a winner.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Locator posted:

Damnit... I got home from work and fired up the computer, got to the first video posted in an AI thread and ... no audio. After poking around for a while, the Denon A/V receiver that drives my speakers from my computer has apparently died. Switched to tuner and nada, so it's not the optical input, it's the output, and for both A & B speaker sets. Crapola.

It make the typical 'click' sound when powered up, just doesn't output any audio.

Is there a multizone output? If so, have you or anyone managed to mute them? I ask because I had the same issue and it turns out someone pressed buttons which killed the outputs to zone A. It was a button on the receiver too, there wasn't an equivalent one on the remote.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The diet part has been hard but I'd already cut out fast food and pop, beer wasn't hard to ditch. I'm going through about 10 bottles of water a day (bless you Costco) and have been trying very hard to eat well. Got the elliptical put back together tonight and of course I was dying at 10 minutes in. And just a week ago I could rock 40+ without any issues.

Fitness levels seem to drop off pretty rapidly if you stop exercising, this is why most people struggle to do it when they can only do it in fits and starts. They'll hit the gym one week with great intentions, struggle and then not go for a week or so. So the next time they go again they're right back where they started in terms of how it feels. Once you start, don't stop... I feel absolutely terrible after a week off my bike, two weeks I might as well just be starting over again as it feels that bad.

Also glad I wasn't the only one to appreciate Donnie Yen in that trailer, hopefully he gets some screen time.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^ When compared to an awful lot of films released in the past few years, TFA was a loving masterpiece. When compared to a large chunk of films in its own franchise it's still superb.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

New Roadkill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhl6oVpEes

I particularly like Finnegan's pronunciation of Renault and Peugeot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

There was much sadness in that video, too many cars just sat rotting. :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

You know what we have to do.

In 2016, a crack mechanics unit was sent to prison by a Prius-driving court for assaulting some dude with a shitload of rare cars with trees growing through them. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security impound lot to the Automotive Insanity underground. Today, still wanted by probably a bunch of rednecks or something, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you know a battered car, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Gay-Team.

If I have to suck a cock to get a Road Runner then so be it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Goldeneye Source is pretty fun. Tryna get a bunch of people to get the game so we can LAN like the old days.

If it doesn't drop down to sub 5 frames a second on multiplayer when prox mines are in use then it's no Goldeneye that I know :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I just ordered a pizza online. It arrived with no cheese on top. Seems their site hosed up and they were too dense to realise that a pizza without cheese is probably not a normal request.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

or they thought you were one of those "none pizza, left beef" cool kids

No, just apparently stupid enough to mash buttons resulting in tomato bread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

I dont mean to change the topic but what now?

I think you've pulled.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

...George Costanza is funny tho

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I bought an M3D mini 3D printer for $50.

I want one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

freelop posted:

Well the quote sent to my insurance regarding getting my car fixed is £2500 and pretty sure my car is only worth £1500 tops but it will be reviewed on monday as to whether it will be fixed or declared a total loss.
Got a brand new Toyota Aygo as a courtesy car which is essentially the same vehicle but updated.

#stancenation

RIP little car

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

lolled

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Carbonated water is pretty great, I have it with food a lot when I go out. I drink a lot of regular-rear end tap water and work has filtered machines everywhere.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ferremit posted:

One of my closest friends flies out tonight to spend a year living in Leeds. Apart from laughing my arse off at the fact that by the time she gets back she's going to basically have a 15 month long winter, the fact she's going to behalf a world away isn't doing my depression any favours.

??

And to answer your scotch question, no.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Leeds is a great city, I spent 8 years in and around it and had a reet good time. I sincerely don't understand the hate the place gets.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

I lived in leeds for 3 years while I went to uni. I also really like the place. Its a decent city with lots to do.

You do however needs to accept that it rains every single day without fail (in the summer the rain is slightly lighter and not as cold), and that it also suffers from the same issue as every other northern english city in that as far as the UK government is concerned it doesn't really exist.

True but this just means when the sun comes out it's even better. Also some cracking mountainbiking on your doorstep up there and even more fantastic stuff not too far away. I loved that heading about 30 minutes North I could be well into the countryside in pretty surroundings with actual hills and stuff, the Midlands is devoid of such things. :'(

fridge corn posted:

You have a shite football club with shite fans

Not sure what this 'you' business is about, fella.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

Guys, I hosed up good.

I delivered a package to the right apartment, but in the wrong apartment complex. And Amazon's customer service gave the customer my cellphone #. :sigh: At least I use a separate phone for work, so I can just turn it off outside of work. I brought it in with me to dinner so I could do my shift bid, I was a bit surprised when it rang.

Got a hell of an rear end chewing from the customer while I was in a restaurant eating dinner. I would have preferred to be contacted over it tonight for sure; I was able to go collect the packages and take them to the right location (in my defense, both Amazon's navigation and Google Maps show the wrong location, and there's no visible street address on either property). But picking up my phone and being cussed out and yelled at kinda sucked.

Whoops.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I have much love for Screw-tite wood screws, they're 'expensive' compared to the usual but they're superb and the fact they're not threaded all the way to the top means that if you're using them to attach planks or similar then they pull in much harder that regular screws.

Also they're bronze and look cool.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

As a beard-haver I am very careful to ensure my wardrobe is plaid free lest I descend into dickheadery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm just too lazy to shave every other day.

• Locked thread