Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm driving an E36 for the first time in 2 weeks.

Hype, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I mean, I'm bad with money, but like I just opted to not buy a new suspension for the NA and an extra set of wheels because I'm OK with the idea of being financially solvent.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Work has "Lobster Roll" in the cafeteria today. Do I proceed? Y/N

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nm posted:

Do you live in Maine or work for google?

Double No.

Bajaha posted:

What's your geographical proximity to the ocean?

Yes.

QuarkMartial posted:

Does food poisoning count as workmans comp if you get it from the cafeteria food?

Definitely maybe.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wrar posted:

Phone when are we gonna lunch again?

Two morrow.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
omg the hype around zojirushi rice cookers was real. i shouldn't have waited 8 years.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I just had to move my 7-8 years worth of Nintendo Power a few weeks ago. :kimchi:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Stella is bad.

Fat Tire is good.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Snapshot is a wheat, broheim.

1554 is also good.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

Okay... and?

You're calling stuff that isn't an IPA or amber a sour. Wheat beers are beers, too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SCA Enthusiast posted:

They make a portion of it with a lactobacillus fermentation. It is def a sour, though not a super sour one.

In fact most traditional sour beer styles are also wheat beers. (Lambic and gueuze, Berliner weiss, and saison [saison doesn't have to be sour])

Fair e nuff

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Locator posted:

Never could figure out what was wrong with the Denon A/V receiver I had connected to my computer for sound. Everything checks out fine, just no noise comes out through the wires (or out of the headphone jack).

So I ended up just replacing it, and now I have sound again. Didn't really realize how much I use the sound on my computer until I didn't have it.

I had a Denon A/V Receiver gently caress up today, too!

Girlfriend wanted to watch the Olympics and I hadn't set up the antennae yet, so got that on the wall and started thumbing through the menus to get ARC enabled. ARC's on the receiver, cool. TV... Sound... Speakers -> Receiver, click boom, now my TV remote controls the volume on the receiver, neato... but there's no sound.

Why isn't there any sound? It's enabled, the remote(s) work, but nothing.

Swap out the HDMI cable, nothing.

HDMI IN 1 (STB)
HDMI IN 2 (ARC)
HDMI IN 3
HDMI IN 4 (DVI)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I get it. Swap the cable from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and now we can watch the Olympics in Stereophonic Quadravision.

Also kids, the people on the internet weren't lying when they said that built-in speakers were a cardboard toilet paper roll base with a piezo buzzer driver.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

literally a fish posted:

Translation: "What sort of self-respecting nerd doesn't have a server full of hard drives to store all their COMPLETELY LEGAL AND IN NO WAY PIRATED digital content"

GoPro footage is like 16GB/hour. Fuji RAFs are about 25MB a pop.

I finally had my first data loss and it took some videos and photos that I hadn't moved to the ZFS pool. :(

E: if you have 4 spare drives, I'll fax you the dollars for shipping. :3

Phone fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 11, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I don't have any sympathies for people who hopped on the NMS wagon. Like it was announced for the PS4, computers aren't that insanely good, and Spore was released a few short years ago.

The only games that have genuinely surprised me with their depth in recently have been GTA5, MGS5, and various rogue-or-DF-likes.

E: lol what? Are they doing the star citizen path to funding? :laffo:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Locator posted:

That looks like a lot of fun. Clearly not in the US where I'm sure any organization that tried to run a race through the streets like that would get laughed (or sued) out of town.

There's a shitload of hillclimbs all over the country. Time-Distance rallies are on the decline, and you have to go under the speed limit, but they still happen.

You know how my car club is running an autocross regularly at the suburb as gently caress mall where the Sears used to be? We asked.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Eat the eggs smash mouth

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Locator posted:

Except that I don't have 'sadbrains' at all? I'm pretty happy with my life. The 'it sucks' part is just that every once in a while it would be nice to have someone (who doesn't live a billion miles away) to do stuff with that doesn't only ever call you when they want something.

That's great if you enjoy that, it just so happens that I really don't enjoy going to shows or bars alone, so I only very rarely do that. I enjoy my modeling and reading, neither of which are really very 'social'.

Some of us are just hermits, and are pretty ok with that most of the time.

Have you considered not being depressed or sad?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There should be a wikihow on it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

blk posted:

"Ugh, red cars always speed"

Just idle in 1st gear on that road and yell at the kids that they're speeding up and down the road at unsafe speeds.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

scuz posted:

There's an Asian market in town called United Noodles and they sell packets of just MSG. Next time I'm in there I'm gonna finally pick up a packet and try it on everything!

You know how stuff with cooked tomatoes tastes super good? Turns out when you cook tomatoes, there's a chemical reaction that results in MSG being created.

Quelle surprise, much like how salt makes things taste good, mono-sodium glutamate makes things taste good.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Locator posted:

So here's a pretty cool bit of on-track data acquisition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUyvyUthHIc

Jesus christ, 100mph before the bridge. gently caress.

By the way, this guy knows what he's doing around VIR. He left a little bit of time in T10; however, T10 is a motherfucker. His braking point on the back straight (T14) and line through Nascar (T3) are the fast lines around the course.

e: If you want to see super bad footage (yay spot metering picking up the gauge D: D: D: D:) of a Corvette behaving poorly during this year's 24 Hour Chumpcar race @ VIR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXjugnu5pJk

Chump rented a Virginia DOT sign to black flag cars since people were going "I could see the black flag!" up at VIR. I caught up with the Corvette in an E36 325i, and uh... karma kinda did its thing. Magic starts to happen around 2 minutes.

Sorry for the hosed up sound, I have zero idea what caused it. Probably a hardware issue on a brand new GoPro Hero4 Silver.

Phone fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

The cause of the fire is very infuriating. Thankfully there is no structural damage.

Oh no. :(

• Locked thread