Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shindragon posted:

So basically never?

I kid.

I wonder how that games doing. I don't even bother with the thread because it's just goons trying to one up each other in jokes.
it's coming in November 2023, hold your loving horses you impatient shitlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

Lizard Wizard says to post this, please vote

http://www.strawpoll.me/11126970
also doesn't this count as a form of ban evasion? :ohdear:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CrashCat posted:

it's coming in November 2023, hold your loving horses you impatient shitlord

No. :colbert:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Help me decide what RPG to start playing on this, my day off. My choices are:

- Disgaea 3 (have played the first several sections a bunch)
- Disgaea 4
- Disgaea D2
- Atelier Ayesha
- Skyrim (I'd be starting a new character)
- Dragon's Dogma
- Tales of Xillia

I've only really dipped my toe into these games except where otherwise noted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Our forefathers fought the King of England so that anyone that wishes could swear and break wind to a viewing audience.

You still can, just can't get paid for it on youtube.

If they're mostly trying to keep hate/targeting videos and the thousands of clickbait videos with boobs on the thumbnail from being monetized, I get it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Wayforward just delayed Shantae about 6 weeks :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we should send them a card

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shameless reminder that there's this cool new thread happening right now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788577&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'll post in this thread until it stops being August in every time zone

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

we should send them a card
no no, first the death threats THEN the card, get the order right

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Those vague rules on what qualifies as "drama" worry me. Like what if it's just a video of your friends loving around playing video games and the video just so happens to contain swearing? Channels like Super Best Friends are based around that whole concept, so if that's enough to bring their money flow to a halt, then I worry for the channels that aren't run by complete assholes (like Keemstar)
The problem is that they are likely using their content scraper to enforce this policy change which means that context will be ignored and everyone will be hit except for the big MCN players that Youtube doesn't want to upset because they make them money

This could be the first major exodus point for the lesser creators though, I have no loving idea where they would go though. thats the problem with a monopoly

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

The problem is that they are likely using their content scraper to enforce this policy change which means that context will be ignored and everyone will be hit except for the big MCN players that Youtube doesn't want to upset because they make them money

This could be the first major exodus point for the lesser creators though, I have no loving idea where they would go though. thats the problem with a monopoly

If someone's making content motivated entirely by ad money then odds are they're complete trash so I'm 100% good with them leaving and not cluttering up the site with their lovely SEO titles and thumbnails.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

If someone's making content motivated entirely by ad money then odds are they're complete trash so I'm 100% good with them leaving and not cluttering up the site with their lovely SEO titles and thumbnails.
relax partner you don't have to be the first on the scene with the shitpost every time, let others have the spotlight

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I don't care if a child sees a curse word or hears a curse word

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also Ni No Kuni, and I don't know how the gently caress I forgot it, but I didn't know those two SMT games were available on PS3.

*slides up to you and whispers* so are the DDS games and also the DS:RK games solidifying ps3 as the best place for jrpgs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

resonance of fate is also fun and good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

stux is right on

DDS is good fun and probably the most accessible non-persona SMT game (maybe the 1920s detective one is the other) to get into

I really need to play more resonance of fate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/sebsbeanie/status/771113010811113473

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

My favorite lasting effect of Elite Beat Agents being big in my circle of friends way back in the day is celebrating Earth Wind & Fire Day every September 21st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPLzYVBIlnU

:iia:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

stux is right on

DDS is good fun and probably the most accessible non-persona SMT game (maybe the 1920s detective one is the other) to get into

I really need to play more resonance of fate

1920s detective is devil summoner: raidou kuzunoha and prob not the best place to start imo. my official accessibility recommendation for PS3 owing people who want to start enjoying the best jrpgs ever is persona 4, nocturne, dds 1/2, persona 3, DS:RK

but maybe switch nocturne and DDS if you are averse to being beaten down by an rpg cos it doesn't pull punches!!!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Danny Trejo is...Dragon's Dogma.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

1920s detective is devil summoner: raidou kuzunoha and prob not the best place to start imo. my official accessibility recommendation for PS3 owing people who want to start enjoying the best jrpgs ever is persona 4, nocturne, dds 1/2, persona 3, DS:RK

but maybe switch nocturne and DDS if you are averse to being beaten down by an rpg cos it doesn't pull punches!!!
well what i meant by accessible is that it doesn't kick your rear end quickly and has amenities, DDS is a lot friendlier with its difficulty curve than Nocturne for example

devil summoner basically puts the SMT layer on top of a fairly simple strategic action game, and it's a lot sillier and pleasant than the average SMT game so there's not much of a barrier to entry

I think I got to maybe the last third of the first devil summoner before finally getting a game over

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello, I didnt have internet on monday, tuesday, and part of wednesday so I wanted to pop in and say hello everybody and happy first of september, did someone make a new thread yet?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello, I didnt have internet on monday, tuesday, and part of wednesday so I wanted to pop in and say hello everybody and happy first of september, did someone make a new thread yet?

Yup!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I already found it but I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your effort, so thank you, and I appreciate that you took the time to link it to me! :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

have a good time on your restored internet fak

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

I already found it but I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your effort, so thank you, and I appreciate that you took the time to link it to me! :)

You're a good person. Thank you.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Are the tex Murphy Games good? I like Adventure Games in General.# but im not sure if i like fmv.

discount cathouse fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 1, 2016

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Is it fascism yet posted:

Are the tex Murphy Games good? I like Adventure Games in General.# but im not sure if i like fmv.

They're corny as hell and if you don't like the stupid sense of humor the gameplay or puzzles themselves sure won't do anything to make up for it. I love em but they aren't for everyone.

Think Leisure suit larry. If it wasn't for the humor (whether you find it humorous or not) it doesn't have much going for it. Same with tex murphy.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Is it fascism yet posted:

I've only played Under A Killing Moon and it was fun but you definitely should keep a guide handy. I need to play through the other two and Tesla Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Goodbye chat thread, hello chat thread.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 1, 2016

• Locked thread