Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Broseph Brostar posted:

Game of the month is going to be the second Gal Gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I might make one for it.

I'm playing through Xillia at the moment and I need more Tales.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gal Gun came out last month

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's coming out in NA tomorrow

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1SnvHSQLg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6G9smtj8Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmc94ytS0sY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I might make one for it.

I'm playing through Xillia at the moment and I need more Tales.

Xillia is the most enjoyable Tales game imo

Well I haven't played the new one yet

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Late, I know, but drat, Doom (2016) is good. So is (Doom) 1993.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Also Tales of Berseria demo this Thursday if you have a JP account.

Fuckkkkk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Today in video games, Nvidia "optimized" all of my game settings and now they all run like poo poo because their stupid third party crapware decided 16x MSAA is the standard my computer can run. When will these people learn that I don't want them to gently caress with my computer? Their software does not know better than I do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

Xillia is the most enjoyable Tales game imo

Well I haven't played the new one yet

Zestiria is meh, characters are fine, story is an rushed unfinished mess, combat felt like it was designed by 20 people who never talked to each other.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I liked Zestiria fine except for the godawful mess of an equipment system

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That too, it was just all over the place.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nvidia's "optimized" game settings for gta 5 net me a solid consistent 23 fps. Good fuckin job Nvidia I'm sure the rock solid 60 I had before just wasn't optimal enough for you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm done with tales games too many bland experiences with them and their clunky outdated battle and menu systems.
Ys games are just so much more engaging and feel so much better to play as far as japanese action rpgs go imo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm done with tales games too many bland experiences with them and their clunky outdated battle and menu systems.
Ys games are just so much more engaging and feel so much better to play as far as japanese action rpgs go imo.

Tales games are like the Call of Duty of JRPGs. None of them will ever like totally blow your freaking mind man but you always more or less know what you'll get out of one. It's comfort food.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CJacobs posted:

Nvidia's "optimized" game settings for gta 5 net me a solid consistent 23 fps. Good fuckin job Nvidia I'm sure the rock solid 60 I had before just wasn't optimal enough for you.

movies run at 24 fps, they're just providing you with a cinematic experience

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i already can't wait for gen2 in pokemon go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Tales games are like the Call of Duty of JRPGs. None of them will ever like totally blow your freaking mind man but you always more or less know what you'll get out of one. It's comfort food.

comfort food is good though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lizard Wizard posted:

i already can't wait for gen2 in pokemon go.

same except gen vii in actual pokemon

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

movies run at 24 fps, they're just providing you with a cinematic experience

please listen 2 my good friend oddium: they r right.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Didn't they recently take out the tracking feature in Pokemon go because it was broken and removing it was easier than fixing it and now everyone is pissed?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Didn't they recently take out the tracking feature in Pokemon go because it was broken and removing it was easier than fixing it and now everyone is pissed?

broken to the point of basically never working, yes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

I tried playing Tales of Symphonia and the combat was so bad. hit hit hit special, wait, hit hit hit special, wait, over and over and over

its hard to compare anything with Ys tho cause that's as good as it gets

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pokemon Go now also has a window pop up when you open it that says stuff like "Don't trespass on other people's property, geniuses"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Pokemon Go now also has a window pop up when you open it that says stuff like "Don't trespass on other people's property, geniuses"

I thought it only said that to me because one night I walked into a church's parking lot to hit their pokespot. I think that's technically trespassing, as are things like going into certain parks after dark (but unless you're doing that for sex I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know if anyone here ever read those lovely Orson Scott Card books, but I think the Ender's Shadow series should have been called "Flicking the Bean."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

and third party sites were way better at using it than the game so they got a bunch of extra traffic and had to start banning IP blocks

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know if anyone here ever read those lovely Orson Scott Card books, but I think the Ender's Shadow series should have been called "Flicking the Bean."

Noice.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
anyone else excitedly waiting for batman telltale to unlock or am i the sole psychopath?

I really like batman

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jeff Wiiver posted:

anyone else excitedly waiting for batman telltale to unlock or am i the sole psychopath?

I really like batman

Like every telltale game, I'm waiting for it to drop to $10 or below which will probably happen before it's even finished

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

axleblaze posted:

It didn't work to begin with and they temporarily disabled it while they fixed it. Cue the Pokemon GO people pitching a fit and acting like children after three weeks of being super defensive about how people who play Pokemon GO totally aren't immature.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
ugh horrible Splatoon Times today

I felt like I was was either stomping toddlers that somehow turned on a wii u or getting my teeth kicked in by lv 50 people

and like nothing in between

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

I felt like I was was either stomping toddlers that somehow turned on a wii u or getting my teeth kicked in by lv 50 people

That sounds a lot like my recent times playing Overwatch (though at times I suspect I might be the toddler)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Or "All Gays Are Bad And Here Is Why by Orson Scott Card, Noted Heterosexual"

Jeff Wiiver posted:

I really like batman

I'm cautiously optimistic it will be good. I really hope its less "look at batman punch people" and more "this is Batman, World's Greatest Detective" in terms of focus but who knows.

Also getting an episodic game on day one never seems like a good idea to me. I'm too impatient for that. :smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel as though, lately, video games are Good

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

i feel as though, lately, video games are Good

Same

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Monkey Fracas posted:

That's every single time I play Splatoon though

Jeff Wiiver posted:

I really like batman

had no idea it was even coming out so soon, kinda tempted to play it in 15 minutes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

I tried playing Tales of Symphonia and the combat was so bad. hit hit hit special, wait, hit hit hit special, wait, over and over and over

its hard to compare anything with Ys tho cause that's as good as it gets

Symphonia is like 15 years old and has the worst combat out of all of the 3D ones.

Comparing Tales to Ys is apples and oranges, Takes are traditional JRPG's that have more actiony combat, Ys is an an action RPG that accidentally has a story.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I saw Star Trek Beyond today. I liked it a bunch :unsmith:

Though the "In loving memory of Leonard Nimoy" & "For Anton (Yelchin, aka guy who plays the new Chekov that died earlier this year)" bits made me sad :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tales games are good.

• Locked thread