Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phantasium posted:

My most stupid killing of him involved the Gravity Boots to go through his arms while he's doing the lightning attack with his arm outstretched since you're invincible while you're doing a high jump, and then jump kicking off his head which takes more damage.

Nice.

I think I remember getting onto a ledge behind his head and hitting him with the flail or a wand (or something similar with long reach) and getting tired of waiting for him to die. But I think the lightning attack still hits you back there too.

It's possible I'm confusing it with another fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

My most stupid killing of him involved the Gravity Boots to go through his arms while he's doing the lightning attack with his arm outstretched since you're invincible while you're doing a high jump, and then jump kicking off his head which takes more damage.

The one time I've played SOTN I glitched galamoth or something because I stood behind him and he never turned around so I just wailed on attack until he died

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wish neir automata was out now. Its very depressing that its not

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CSuNA23kM

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So, we're about halfway through Generation 8 of Consoles, how's everyone feeling about it? Are video games still good? Is this the last gen? What are the standout titles?

There is zero chance that we are halfway through this gen, especially with the reveal of the Neo/Scorpio.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

My local pawn shop has the Tommy Hilfiger Gameboy Color for sale. I don't know what to do with this information.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nintendo caused a generation of Canadian kids to think it was hip and cool to spell "colour" without the "u". That's when I knew Canadian culture was dead

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thankfully color is spelled without the 'u' so they were right to do so! It's so definitely spelled without the 'u' that even japanese electronics companies were aware of this fact!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

"Colour" 4 lyfe

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jay Rust posted:

That's when I knew Canadian culture was dead

Good.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

what even was Canadian culture? hockey and drinking at 19?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They spell it "houckey" up there, thank you very much

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's 18 in some provinces, or "states" as you call them in ameriKKKa

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

what even was Canadian culture? hockey and drinking at 19*?

* In BC, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Saskatchewan, Nunavut, Yukon and the Northwest Territories; otherwise drinking at 18.

ftfy

edit: also the answer to your question is yes

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

oh i live in michigan so most of my canadian experiences are drinking at 19 in windsor

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

It's 18 in some provinces, or "states" as you call them in ameriKKKa

Once Canada secedes from North America in 2000-never and becomes its own independent nation, you can make fun of America all you want. :clint:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM

:finland:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is it defense or defence?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

Once Canada secedes from North America in 2000-never and becomes its own independent nation, you can make fun of America all you want. :clint:

As long as your presidential race continues to be a circus sideshow we will continue to laugh at your nation with the rest of the world actually

Golden Goat posted:

defense is an rpg stat, defence is a sport team position

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's ok, we're laughing at it too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Defense is a stat in an rpg, defence is the border around your yard that separates you from deneighbors

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Golden Goat posted:

The latter, if you're civilized.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I wish neir automata was out now. Its very depressing that its not

it's a nier game, it'll be depressing regardless

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

civilised

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ciuviliused, actually. That's how it works, right? Just plop a random 'u' after some vowels?

edit: I am considering buying the Tommy Hilfiger GBC. It's a terrible idea to want to do that, but I want to do it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Basically, yeah. Canadian English is great because its official motto is "It's all about having fun!"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

canadians made up the word potine and then put a u in it anyway

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

My local pawn shop has the Tommy Hilfiger Gameboy Color for sale. I don't know what to do with this information.

There's a $250 listing for that on ebay

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

Basically, yeah. Canadian English is great because its official motto is "It's all about having fun!"

We take the best of both dialects, truly, we are the only enlightened country.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Devil Tesla posted:

There's a $250 listing for that on ebay

I know, I saw! They're selling it for 60 bucks. I doubt I could get much more than 60 based on some searches of my own. If it was new/in-box, that'd be a different story.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Can someone tell me why anyone would buy a season pass?

FFXV now has a season pass for nebulous "content".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You like the game and want to pre-order more of it. It's a dumb idea, but people do dumb stuff all the time for things they enjoy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Some season passes are just a bundle of a few major expansion DLCs with a discount, if you love the game then there's not much reason not to. Its your typical buying in bulk to save money deal.

Season pass for an MMO that already has a monthly fee though is... something.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

How much is it and you should buy it anyway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zaphod42 posted:

Some season passes are just a bundle of a few major expansion DLCs with a discount, if you love the game then there's not much reason not to. Its your typical buying in bulk to save money deal.

Season pass for an MMO that already has a monthly fee though is... something.

15, not 14.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CJacobs posted:

15, not 14.

Ahh that makes a lot more sense :downs:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Season passes for DLC where all of it is already out is fine, you know what you're getting into and it can be a decent bundle deal.

Buying a season pass for DLC sight unseen is a different matter IMHO.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Presumably the DLC will be the same quality as the game you bought- if not better, in the case of games like Dark Souls 2 for example. If the description tells you what you're buying and you get a discount then I don't see why not.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Look upon the future of DLC and despair:

quote:

Adds 'Angel's Cutting Board' item to the Academy Store. Upon purchase, the chest sizes of academy students will decrease. - $9.99

Adds 'Demon's Meat Buns' item to the Academy Store. Upon purchase, the chest sizes of academy students will increase. - $9.99

Adds 'Pheromone Z' item to the Academy Store. Upon purchase, the sight zoom can see through clothes instantly. - $89.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Haven't people here been buying Gal Gun

Is it like an ironic thing

• Locked thread