Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa cool

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/760143462603907073

It was the mail robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If only it was a Russian.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Antti posted:

a former Trump staffer has now accused Mr Pocket Constitution (Khizr Khan) of being in the Muslim Brotherhood. That wasn't a fake tweet right?

If he was I'd give effectively zero shits. Most MB franchises, especially the ones in the US, are not exactly the boogeyman they're touted as, except insofar as they're not real big fans of Arab dictators.

(Hamas and Sudan being the exceptions.)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

More weird ruinous chaos mutations of Donald Trump please.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GreyjoyBastard posted:

If he was I'd give effectively zero shits. Most MB franchises, especially the ones in the US, are not exactly the boogeyman they're touted as, except insofar as they're not real big fans of Arab dictators.

The problem is, while most people are going to see this as attempted smeer from a highly, highly questionable source, Trump's base is going to eat this up. They don't care. He's brown, he's Muslim, and he /may/ be tied to some Muslim org. That's enough for them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grouchio posted:

More weird ruinous chaos mutations of Donald Trump please.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

iospace posted:

The problem is, while most people are going to see this as attempted smeer from a highly, highly questionable source, Trump's base is going to eat this up. They don't care. He's brown, he's Muslim, and he /may/ be tied to some Muslim org. That's enough for them.

Can we get an autocorrect for Trumps Base?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The CEO of my company is voting for Trump. :mrwhite:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I bet it's one of the FBI agents that let off Hillary on her emails. :tinfoil:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder of something I read during the primary. Kaisch is the competent 2nd or 3rd in command evil henchmen that gets poo poo done and if he takes over might be worse than the old big bad.

Now I can't stop thinking about Ted Cruz as Starscream.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BiohazrD posted:

These are great until you read the comments and realize that they're all variations on "you're not a true Catholic if you vote for any party that supports abortion" or "no see Trump is totally not racist because..."

Couple pages back but yeah never read comment sections.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Well played

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hail Satan!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah, it's fun asking what people think the Muslim Brotherhood actually is.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

left looks like he is scared shitless and right looks like he is high as gently caress

10/10, a good picture

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My racist coworker defriended me... I guess her rant caught enough flak that she purged her friends list.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump's baes

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Even though people like this obviously bring it on themselves, I still kind of feel bad for them because oh boy, is the rest of their life gonna be a shitshow.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Unfortunately we're dealing with the American voters and media.

It's kind of like how Colin Powell's "Obama's not a Muslim but so what if he is?" lesson was entirely lost on everyone.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"old racist white people"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sally Bradshaw, who cowrote the 2012 RNC autopsy that said the party is doomed if it keeps catering only to white men and ignores minority, immigration and LGBT concerns, just quit the GOP in disgust.

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/760150678165721088

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/760150542761025536

This won't matter to the average voter but it's a HUGE deal for party insiders.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

It like the white version of Uday and Qusay.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Can we get HUGE to filter to YUUUUGE (or some variant of it)? Thanks.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

mdemone posted:

Even though people like this obviously bring it on themselves, I still kind of feel bad for them because oh boy, is the rest of their life gonna be a shitshow.

Someone that went to my college served time in federal prison for taking money from the Chinese to spy for them.

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/15/fbi-uses-gvsu-students-spy-story-as-warning/

Javes fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 1, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Javes posted:

Someone that went to my college served time in federal prison for taking money from the Chinese to spy for them.

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/15/fbi-uses-gvsu-students-spy-story-as-warning/

Oh that reminds me to plug The Americans, the most D&D show of all time. WATCH IT!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Goatman Sacks posted:

My racist coworker defriended me... I guess her rant caught enough flak that she purged her friends list.

I would ask "hahahaha gently caress why would you ever put anything remotely racist/political on a Facebook account you use with coworkers" but I remembered that we have a manager going in for sensitivity/human relationship training (aka "how not to piss off employees by making GBS threads on them and acting like a condescending gently caress all the time") and I've been denied a vacation because I'll be subbing in for her, so yeah this makes perfect sense.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

trump not knowing that russia annexed crimea is seriously mindblowing.

Seriously. I've had former fifth grade Korean students message me talking about the Ukraine.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've never seen it but from my understanding they show lady butt a lot.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's impressive the GOP is finally running a candidate briefed entirely in right wing email forwards.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I don't add coworkers on Facebook

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

new video of Trump responding to Khzir Khan ownage

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Pastrymancy posted:

I don't add coworkers on Facebook

This is probably the best advice ever in uspol that doesn't involve alcohol.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Antti posted:

Unfortunately we're dealing with the American voters and media.

It's kind of like how Colin Powell's "Obama's not a Muslim but so what if he is?" lesson was entirely lost on everyone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dYELqbZAQ4M

It's pretty good.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Flake was just on NPR saying it is totally inappropriate for Trump to do any of this poo poo with respect to starting a fight with the Khans.

All of this is only going to make The Donald madder.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
How on Earth did the piece that inspired the thread title not make it into the OP

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So the end game here is the media turning against Donald, right? If he pisses off/scorched-earths enough actual news departments instead of fawning leeches, they start covering him like the joke he is and get their ratings from laying into him? And this will enrage downticket repubs enough to take care of the problem?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If only it was a Russian.

Can someone explain to me why Russia is the new boogeyman now? I know that they have some political clout with veto power on the security council and there are concerns about hacking but it seems like it's going to be Red Dawn to these people any second now.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

So the end game here is the media turning against Donald, right? If he pisses off/scorched-earths enough actual news departments instead of fawning leeches, they start covering him like the joke he is and get their ratings from laying into him? And this will enrage downticket repubs enough to take care of the problem?

The optimal media strategy would be to bash Trump for a while, then set up a comeback narrative in September. The only thing that truly hurts their ratings is a stagnant race.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

haveblue posted:

Trump's baes

Seconded. Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Today I learned Gary Johnson is pro-TPP.

Do his new "hey, look everyone, I discovered a third party candidate!" supporters know about this?

My guess is no.

• Locked thread