Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Finally watched Final Deletion today, and man I haven't watched a Hardys match since early 2000s. Those dudes cannot go anymore.

I mean I still loved the match because it was refreshingly different, but Matt's been in this industry for many years and you can see every single one when he moves from spot to spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Spermgod posted:

I don't think it will happen because wrestling isn't about being a simulated fight any more, it's about being Good Wrestling. I think older fans wanted to see a fight, whereas more fans now want to see a "great match" (i.e. a great performance). It's exemplified by something Meltzer has talked about, how "I know it's fake, but if it were real, who would win?" was an incredibly common question back in the day, and nobody asks that now. We had shoot style from 1984ish and it died out for a reason—those fans moved on from realistic fake fights to real fights. Which is a shame because I love the stuff.

Best wrestlers in recent history:
Andre
Hogan
Savage
Austin
Rock
Cena
Punk
E&C
New Day

No one cares about talent. Personality is 100% the future of the Biz.

Push Broken Matt Hardy.

edit:
Cynical version of post: To get over you need to have a good entrance and catchphrases people can chant along with.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 17, 2016

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

This might be objectively worse than ctl-alt-del was.

wow.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I like how the description says it's $199, the MSRP is $299, selling for $30

• Locked thread