Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I love the idea that the average Trump supporting dumbass will suddenly ditch him in disgust if he openly came out for Muslim ID cards. If anything his numbers would rise. Looking at his plummeting poll numbers over the past couple days I think it's only a matter of time before Trump "jokes" on Twitter about internment camps or RFID tags for Muslim citizens. He's gotten this far appealing to the bigots and racists of America, why stop now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Prorat posted:

in·def·i·nite·ly
ˌinˈdef(ə)nətlē/
adverb
adverb: indefinitely

for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.
"talks cannot go on indefinitely"
to an unlimited or unspecified degree or extent.

He specifies the time period in the same drat sentence. C'mon people.

I wish you'd stop posting indefinitely.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Prorat posted:

What are you even talking about. You don't live in reality.

You're right Trump appeals to a wide demographic and not just 4chan edgelords and scared old white people.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

It was 50/50 a few days ago. It was something like 55/45 earlier today. Every time I check Trump sinks even further.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

appealing p strong to a bunch of laborers who feel shafted by wall street, banks, and globalization of trade

also to people who don't want political dynasties to be a thing, and also people who think HRC is a caricature of a politician

I hate to break it to you but Chinese factory jobs aren't coming back to America. There's a reason why even Trump himself outsourced the manufacture of his clothing line to Bangladesh, India and China. Globalization isn't going anywhere either.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Prorat posted:

They are all in for Hillary. They are made up polls.

Hillarys rally's are tiny, not many people like her in America.

Every election needs an unwavering true believer like you, god bless. Just don't take it too hard when he loses, remember it's all a bit of fun and there will be other elections in the future.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

oh yeah def that's a brilliant argument in support of TPP: "poo poo sucks but it's here to stay might as well roll in it"

also the bit where it allows foreign companies to sue the USA for lost profits if we pass environmental regulation or anything that might impact their profits

that's def an awesome thing there where we ignore our national sovereignty and let some chucklefuck decide 'yes the USA deprived you of $100b by passing carbon emissions laws and they have to pay you now" lmao

It is pretty much the way of things I'm afraid. Whatever agrarian self sufficient paradise you're envisioning in your head as an alternative to the way the world works now isn't going to happen. The world is too interconnected. The American public can scream all they want about NAFTA and TPP, but to 99% of them they're just scary acronyms used as a talisman to focus their rage on - the second these same people start finding their Walmart tubesocks going up in price because Emperor Trump started a trade war with China they'll be marching in the streets baying for blood.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

See how you just a) ignore my specific criticisms in favor of again just talking about globalization in broad terms (as if I even ever said globalization was a bad thing in general) and then b) flippantly inform me that I'm an idealist/optimist and I better just vote for D?

You're a special and intelligent snowflake who posts in GBS 700 times a day with very well thought out opinions about globalisation that everyone should pay attention to.

Moridin920 posted:

and you wonder why HRC's numbers are lagging

:ironicat:

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Prorat posted:

Trump isn't going to start a trade war with China. Do you trump haters just make poo poo up in your head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASoeNe3-HqA&t=83s

I wonder what slapping tariffs on Chinese goods, crashing their economy would lead to...

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Prorat posted:

It would lead to smart business?

You don't really read or watch anything Trump says do you? It's like you don't really know any of this positions outside of tweets and clickbait headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Laserpig posted:

Do you mean friend of the family?

Are you also implying that you're frightened to use the English language in a reasonable context?

I mean you could use it in an unreasonable context and call anybody who gets offended a pussy... but not even in a reasonable context? That's loving WEAK!

Maybe he or she finds that particular racial slur distasteful and would not like to perpetuate its usage in any context? Not everyone is a brave and manly slayer of political correctness like you.

• Locked thread